BY THE BODY SHOP #8 in Toners & Astringents

Our Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner infused with potent tea tree oil, purifies and tones in one step. Use after cleansing to remove any residual traces of makeup and impurities, which can clog the pores. With shake-to-activate mattifying powders, our toner minimizes the appearance of pores and leaves skin feeling clean, toned, refreshed and visibly clearer.

All Ingredients

Water, Alcohol Denat., Corn Starch Modified, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Limonene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, t-Butyl Alcohol, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Caramel, Yellow 5, Blue 1.

THE BODY SHOP® Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner
  • "i got the travel or starter kit( with 3 other products i it) from the bodyshop of this because i have oily and acne prone skin and it works(all 4 together), have to be careful not to get it around your eyes, especially the first use cause my eyes did swell for some days (my fault), the smell from the tea tree oil itsself isnt pleasent but it was all smooth, dont know why i stopped using it, im gonna finish my starter kit and look into buying the products again" in 7 reviews
  • "I bought the sample size of the tee tree clearing toner because I knew the smell would be a little bit much and I don't need this product on a regular basic." in 6 reviews
  • "I started using this as an alternative to harsh chemicals (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide) for my acne prone/oily skin." in 5 reviews
  • "But if you purchase this toner, I suggest you also buy the face wash and spot treatment. " in 5 reviews
Helen J.
S Pasadena, CA
I’m dry combination skin so maybe that’s why? But this dried out my skin a lot. Also i am acne prone so I was hoping it would decrease my acne but nothing much has changed. I’m not sure if i would recommend it because I don’t think it has worked for me at all. But I do hear from oily skin people that this product did wonders.
Caidyn B.
This is my favorite cleanser I’ve used! I have chronically oily skin and this product was really effective (paired with a toner) without making me feel dried out. It has a very calming smell that makes me look forward to using it every night before bed. Additionally, when I went to buy it I was skeptical because it’s more expensive than I am usually comfortable with- however the staff in the Body Shop weren’t pushy and have always been nice to me and willing to answer any questions I may have.
Katherine L.
Cranston, RI
This is a hard rating for me to give. I swore by this toner for almost a year, but to be honest it’s second ingredient is alcohol and it’s definitely noticeably drying. if I don’t use t with a face serum or oil right after ... forget it. Just skipped buying it after the bottle emptied and I’m finally trying something new!
Michelle C.
Worcester, MA
This was the first toner I started using in my skincare routine and within a month I noticed the scars from old blemishes faded away thanks to the tea tree extract. I love how moisturizing it is, even though it’s a mattifying toner. THE BODY SHOP® Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner
Anita K.
Sterling Hts, MI
Absolutely love the tea tree toner! I am primed to acne break out badly since using the toner it has honestly clears my skin and and balanced out my dark spots. This product is amazing! I love it and use it alone or before wearing makeup! Highly recommend this to anyone that has acne, oily, or dark spots that want to get rid of!
Dima A.
Washington, DC
I have dry/combination red and breakout-prone skin, and I've used this product until the last drop (which I never do), and it didn't do anything to curb the redness or breakouts on my face! I also only have occasional breakouts, so it shouldn't be that hard for a toner to balance the oils on my dry face and prevent these breakouts. I've used it morning and night for over 6 months with no positive results whatsoever. Only positive is that nothing negative happened? I had high hopes as I love other products from The Body Shop and using natural ingredients in beauty products, but just wouldn't repurchase anything from the Tea Tree line again.
Katherine G.
Burlington, NC
I just recently started incorporating a toner into my skincare regimen after reading a blog post from Huda Kattan. I bought this one in the small bottle to try out because my skin has been breaking out a lot and this is suitable for blemished skin, or that’s what it says on the bottle. I LOVE THIS. My skin cleared up almost completely in the first week of using it. I still have scarring so I have to find something to help that but it gave my skin almost a new beginning. I will keep this on hand as a reliable back up while I search more into toners to see if I can find something even better. Overall, this is definitely worth a try!
Erika A.
This toner is decent but it’s nothing special. As someone with sensitive skin I struggle to find products that won’t irritate it or make me break out more. While this didn’t seem to make anything worse, it also didn’t really do much for my skin. It did an ok job at keeping me matte throughout the day though.
Angelica a.
I use this maybe every othe day or two, it has toned out my skin tones and has made my skin clear up although i did ugly pimpels but im sure its the junk in my pores. Over all i like it i can see the differwnce with only a week of using it.
Faith👑 H.
League City, TX
This toner was just okay. It did keep my skin clean and removed any leftover makeup on my face, but that was about it. It's marketed as "mattifying", but in reality just has a bunch of alcohol in it(listed as the second ingredient), and it made the skin on my nose "crack", which definitely is not ideal before makeup application. I don't really think this helped me with acne, and I have oily skin, and it didn't keep me matte throughout the day or anything either. If you have sensitive skin or dislike strong smells, I would stay away from this product, as it smells very prominently of tea tree oil when you first apply it!
Sabina I.
Are you supposed to wash this toner off after applying it? (First time using a toner)
Francine S.
Los angeles
I want to use this but does it actually prevent breakouts
Becca B.
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey Guys! I already use a cleanser, a scrub, & a moisturizer. Does a toner really make a big difference in a skin care routine?
Heather F.
Prnc Frederck, MD
Does it keep your skin moisturized like is it good for dry itchy skin???
Kinza I.
Warren, Michigan
has anyone use this noticed any dryness?