BY THE BODY SHOP #1 in Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop® Tea Tree Oil can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab pre-blended oil directly onto skin at first sign of a blemish. Apply a small amount directly onto blemishes using a clean cotton wool bud or your fingertip. For bathing, add six drops into the bath once it has run, and disperse with your hand, for an aromatic and soothing soak. We have never tested on animals. Similarly, we insist that our suppliers have not tested their ingredients on animals for cosmetic purposes. This product is 100% vegetarian. Tea Tree Oil.

• Does this product really and how do you have to use to se...3 Answers
  • If you’re only using this on a few spots/areas, do you di...5 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply this product? With a q-tip?11 Answers
THE BODY SHOP® TEA TREE OIL
  • "One of my favorite products! Works great for acne! The entire tea tree line works amazing on even the most sensitive skin" in 59 reviews
  • "I can't even begin to write how many times tea tree oil has saved me!! I had a terrible scar from a dog on my face, it was a long scratch that I thought would remain apparent. I applied tea tree oil to it every day after washing my face and it really helped!! You can't even see the scar, plus it freshened up my skin. You have to keep this product in hand." in 51 reviews
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Throughout my whole teenage years, and my adult life I have suffered from bad hormonal cystic acne. When I lived in the UK there wasn’t many dermatology offices on the NHS, so it was the pill or nothing.

Obviously that wasn’t going to work when I wanted to have a baby, and most Derm lotions and ointments are contri indicated during pregnancy. So I would buy this from The body shop. I would also get the facial wash, shine gel and drying anti acne night cream.

It smells very strongly, a medicated smell. A little is all you need which can be dabbed on problem areas. Never caused too much drying or irritation to surrounding skin but did help in drying up pimples.

Probably more effective for those with occasional breakouts, mild to moderate acne vs. people like me with cystic acne, as it didn’t do too much for my bad breakouts, and also didn’t reduce the amount I had.

But, if you are looking for an on the spot occasional treatment, then this will probably be more helpful
Abigail V.
Seffner , FL
I suffered since a teen with acne. I have seen many dermatologist and have use quite a few very expensive prescriptions and non prescription items to treat my acne. Then one blessed day while at Ulta thought to give this a try! And wow omg and yes!!! It is sooooo good! I promise you my skin thanks me. Pimples go away or dramatically go down in size over night. I went back the following week and got the wash and toner. This stuff is amazing and actually works. Price is a bit high but worth every penny. I highly recommend this specially because it’s a natural healing source. Love this product and this line.
Samantha M.
I have been using this product for years now and I love it so much. I tried finding other tea tree oils in stores but they always were so oily when I applied it to my face, this one doesn’t really feel like an oil on your face because it dries down so it doesn’t bother me. This tea tree oil has helped me so much with my pimples. I usually apply it with a cotton ball every night before I go to sleep, but sometimes I’m too lazy and just use my tea tree oil gel that has a wand attached to it which is easier to apply the tea tree oil with.THE BODY SHOP® Tea Tree Targeted Gel
Ashley W.
Burien , WA
I love this product, it leaves a cooling/tingling sensation when applied to the face. Apply by using a cotton ball/pad. The price for a small bottle can be a little expensive so definitely splurge a little bit and go for the bigger bottle so it lasts longer. I would definitely recommend to anyone who may have acne! I use this in the evening as a spot treatment for acne and when I wake up the next time it’s GONE! 😭😍🙏🏼. A little goes a long ways so you get a lot of product for your money!! Love, love, love
Sarah C.
Victorville , CA
I absolutely cannot live without tea tree oil! I use it every other day! It is such an amazing product that is super universal. It has so many benefits such as helps treat sunburns, skin infections, acne, act as a disinfectant, and so much more! I mainly use it to get rid of acne and acne scarring. It truly does wonders to my face. I love the scent because it smells super fresh. However, at times it can be a little strong if you put to much on. Tea tree oil can be super gentle on the face with using just one to two drops. But I have noticed that if you use an excess amount it can dry out your face! So I suggest using a few drops every so often! With my acne is completely stops the redness and makes them reduce size over night! This product is so amazing and versatile. Everyone need to try it !
Nguyen V.
Bloomington
This works really nice in preventing new acne and keeping the current ones in check. I mix it with jojoba oil (Trader Joe's) and use it as the last layer of my skincare routine (both night and day). I'm using Kate Somerville Eradikate spot treatment at night, and it works perfectly, but I still need something to keep the devils in check during the day, that's when this magical bottle step in. I always have at least 2-3 painfully inflamed bad boys on my face. Since I use this, for 2 weeks, there's no new big pimple/acne shows up, only 1-2 tiny ones that were gone overnight. The already existed ones when I started using it stayed super calm and stopped growing during the day.
It has a strong tea tree smell, of course, but it's not unpleasant to me...sometimes I even find it pleasant. It did not sting when I apply, even on the picked pimples. It may sting if I use a Q-tip to apply the oil (undiluted) directly on the pimple, I guess. It did not dry out my skin, maybe because I mix it with jojoba oil (1-1).
Alyssa
So far so good! I don't have many blemishes but when I see the signs of an incoming pimple or anything, I grab a Q-tip and dab some tea tree oil on it, and put it where necessary. Honestly, the next day I see the blemish has gone down or has almost disappeared. It is true , a little goes a looong way. I used it after I waxed my face and it helped with redness and wiped off excess wax that was left behind . I also bought the clearing face wash and mattifying toner of the Tea Tree line and I still have half the bottle of tea tree oil left after washing my face and following the skin care routine for about a month - toner was the first thing to go 😞 unfortunately. So for the price - I did get it for about $5 on sale - this oil is worth it!
Lexi W.
Elgin, IL
So I started using this product when I was on Accutane. I couldn’t use anything else for my blemishes other than this because everything else was way too harsh. This has a great refreshing smell to it, and it really does help to reduce the size of blemishes without being overly potent or chemically. I stopped using this when I went off of Accutane and just recently rediscovered it because I was going off of my other acne meds and decided to give it another shot. It did not disappoint me. This can be purchased at Ulta and it’s a super fair price. This little bottle has lasted me forever and I just bought the larger size. All I do is use a Q-tip and I dip it into the bottle (I remove the stopper) and then apply the oil directly to my blemishes. Over night I see a huge difference and I do it again in the morning after cleansing and toning. Love this product! Highly recommend.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Now this isn’t a body or facial oil pur se. it’s more of a treatment for you skin, specifically your face or any area affected by acne. As I unfortunately fall into that category I have used this often.

It smells very medicated which I find neither pleasant or unpleasant. It cost My about $12 for a very small bottle, so use sparingly. After I washed my face I would get a Q-tip and dip it in the bottle, then dab it on my affected areas. It would sting a little which I take as a sign it is working, but by the next day you could see it was drying the blemish out.

Not in replacement of a Derm appointment, but certainly you can use while getting a medicated RX for your skin, or if it’s just the odd pimple, this would work well.
Fatou K.
Bronx, NY
Let me first start saying I do not have acne prone skin but I do break out here and then especially around that time of month. But since using this product I have not have any break out especially during that time of the month and I have been using this product for 3months. I usually use it every night mixing it in with my lotion( putting in one drop) Also I love the way it makes my skin feel calm.
Julie N.
Grand Rapids, MI
What is the best way to apply this product? With a q-tip?
Alegna C.
BASKING RIDGE
How fast would you say it would get rid of a pimple? Overnight? and does it dry out your skin too much?
Dina A.
Ajman, Al Humaideya 2
How do you use it?
Jessica B.
Springfield, MO
How does tea tree oil affect your skin?
Gina J.
What other uses, besides acne, do you use your tea tree oil for?