BY THE BODY SHOP #1 in Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop® Tea Tree Oil can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab pre-blended oil directly onto skin at first sign of a blemish. Apply a small amount directly onto blemishes using a clean cotton wool bud or your fingertip. For bathing, add six drops into the bath once it has run, and disperse with your hand, for an aromatic and soothing soak. We have never tested on animals. Similarly, we insist that our suppliers have not tested their ingredients on animals for cosmetic purposes. This product is 100% vegetarian. Tea Tree Oil. see more...

• Does this product really and how do you have to use to see an imp...1 Answers
  • If you’re only using this on a few spots/areas, do you dilute it ...2 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply this product? With a q-tip?7 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "One of my favorite products! Works great for acne! The entire tea tree line works amazing on even the most sensitive skin" in 59 reviews
  • "I can't even begin to write how many times tea tree oil has saved me!! I had a terrible scar from a dog on my face, it was a long scratch that I thought would remain apparent. I applied tea tree oil to it every day after washing my face and it really helped!! You can't even see the scar, plus it freshened up my skin. You have to keep this product in hand." in 51 reviews
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Throughout my whole teenage years, and my adult life I have suffered from bad hormonal cystic acne. When I lived in the UK there wasn’t many dermatology offices on the NHS, so it was the pill or nothing.

Obviously that wasn’t going to work when I wanted to have a baby, and most Derm lotions and ointments are contri indicated during pregnancy. So I would buy this from The body shop. I would also get the facial wash, shine gel and drying anti acne night cream.

It smells very strongly, a medicated smell. A little is all you need which can be dabbed on problem areas. Never caused too much drying or irritation to surrounding skin but did help in drying up pimples.

Probably more effective for those with occasional breakouts, mild to moderate acne vs. people like me with cystic acne, as it didn’t do too much for my bad breakouts, and also didn’t reduce the amount I had.

But, if you are looking for an on the spot occasional treatment, then this will probably be more helpful
Kira N.
Sacramento
I love, love, love this! It is amazing, it's seriously like magic. I use this as a spot treatment for acne before bed and when I wake up the next day it is GONE. Often times I'll look in the mirror the morning after to inspect how much a pimple has gone down or if it's become less red and I can't even find it anymore because it's literally vanished from my face. I don't know how the heck it works, but it does, and I would give everybody I know a bottle of this if I could! The best part is that a little (and I mean a LITTLE) goes a long way. Tea tree oil should always be diluted anyways due to the fact that it's so strong and drying on the skin (a good thing!) that you actually risk a chemical burn. Many people apply it full strength with no reactions however this is not recommended because with continual direct application to skin, it WILL catch up to you! So please always dilute it. You can mix it with another oil which is recommended but water will also work. You only need about 1 tsp of liquid and 2-3 drops of the tea tree oil. This will last you forever and for only $10 it's a steal!
Samantha M.
I have been using this product for years now and I love it so much. I tried finding other tea tree oils in stores but they always were so oily when I applied it to my face, this one doesn’t really feel like an oil on your face because it dries down so it doesn’t bother me. This tea tree oil has helped me so much with my pimples. I usually apply it with a cotton ball every night before I go to sleep, but sometimes I’m too lazy and just use my tea tree oil gel that has a wand attached to it which is easier to apply the tea tree oil with.The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Gel
Sarah C.
Victorville, CA
I absolutely cannot live without tea tree oil! I use it every other day! It is such an amazing product that is super universal. It has so many benefits such as helps treat sunburns, skin infections, acne, act as a disinfectant, and so much more! I mainly use it to get rid of acne and acne scarring. It truly does wonders to my face. I love the scent because it smells super fresh. However, at times it can be a little strong if you put to much on. Tea tree oil can be super gentle on the face with using just one to two drops. But I have noticed that if you use an excess amount it can dry out your face! So I suggest using a few drops every so often! With my acne is completely stops the redness and makes them reduce size over night! This product is so amazing and versatile. Everyone need to try it !
Ashley W.
Springfield, OR
I love this product, it leaves a cooling/tingling sensation when applied to the face. Apply by using a cotton ball/pad. The price for a small bottle can be a little expensive so definitely splurge a little bit and go for the bigger bottle so it lasts longer. I would definitely recommend to anyone who may have acne! I use this in the evening as a spot treatment for acne and when I wake up the next time it’s GONE! 😭😍🙏🏼. A little goes a long ways so you get a lot of product for your money!! Love, love, love
Fatou K.
Bronx, NY
Let me first start saying I do not have acne prone skin but I do break out here and then especially around that time of month. But since using this product I have not have any break out especially during that time of the month and I have been using this product for 3months. I usually use it every night mixing it in with my lotion( putting in one drop) Also I love the way it makes my skin feel calm.
Brianna N.
I LOVE this tea tree oil. I use it during my time of month when I tend to have a little more cystic acne. At first I thought it was making my acne worse, but as I did a little more research I realized it will make your acne come to the surface a little more at first because it is expelling at the bacteria from the targeted area. It I use it for about three days in a row, my pimple is almost gone. It would typically take me a week to get rid of a cystic pimple. The small is definitely strong but not it does burn my skin. It almost has a cooling/tingling sensation. The price is a little expensive for a small bottle, so I would suggest splurging and getting the bigger bottle to last longer. Overall, I would definitely recommend to my fellow acne sufferers!
Cree R.
Madison, WI
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I mix just a few drops of this with some witch hazel or apple cider vinegar and water, results are amazing! Clears up my skin and keeps my skin looking nice. Noticed my dark spots have been fading a bit since I started using this product. Much better then popping your pimples!
Ariana M.
Chattanooga, TN
I use this at least once a day in my skincare routine. I have small hormonal acne and this keeps it tamed. I put a few drops on a cotton pad and gently glide it over my face avoiding my eyes and lips. I have sensitive skin and It doesn’t burn like some others would. It also doesn’t leave my skin tight.
Erika D.
Bloomington, IN
I love this product. 2 years ago I switched to pretty much only using oils for my face and after adding tea tree oil my skin became a lot clearer. I've struggled with pretty bad acne and adding tea tree oil to my regimen has helped reduce acne scars, prevent future major breakouts, and improve my overall skin condition. I would recommend not overusing the tea tree oil by itself it can be pretty drying b alone. I love the body shop's tea tree oil because its from an ethically sourcing company that is also super sustainable. The price is fair and it's very convenient to order online too!
Alegna C.
BASKING RIDGE
How fast would you say it would get rid of a pimple? Overnight? and does it dry out your skin too much?
Julie N.
San Jose, CA
What is the best way to apply this product? With a q-tip?
Dina A.
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
How do you use it?
Gina J.
Mapleton, UT
What other uses, besides acne, do you use your tea tree oil for?
Jessica B.
Springfield, MO
How does tea tree oil affect your skin?