BY THE BODY SHOP #1 in Tea Tree Oil

The Body Shop® Tea Tree Oil can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab pre-blended oil directly onto skin at first sign of a blemish. Apply a small amount directly onto blemishes using a clean cotton wool bud or your fingertip. For bathing, add six drops into the bath once it has run, and disperse with your hand, for an aromatic and soothing soak. We have never tested on animals. Similarly, we insist that our suppliers have not tested their ingredients on animals for cosmetic purposes. This product is 100% vegetarian. Tea Tree Oil.

• Does this product really and how do you have to use to se...1 Answers
  • If you’re only using this on a few spots/areas, do you di...3 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply this product? With a q-tip?9 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "One of my favorite products! Works great for acne! The entire tea tree line works amazing on even the most sensitive skin" in 59 reviews
  • "I can't even begin to write how many times tea tree oil has saved me!! I had a terrible scar from a dog on my face, it was a long scratch that I thought would remain apparent. I applied tea tree oil to it every day after washing my face and it really helped!! You can't even see the scar, plus it freshened up my skin. You have to keep this product in hand." in 51 reviews
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Throughout my whole teenage years, and my adult life I have suffered from bad hormonal cystic acne. When I lived in the UK there wasn’t many dermatology offices on the NHS, so it was the pill or nothing.

Obviously that wasn’t going to work when I wanted to have a baby, and most Derm lotions and ointments are contri indicated during pregnancy. So I would buy this from The body shop. I would also get the facial wash, shine gel and drying anti acne night cream.

It smells very strongly, a medicated smell. A little is all you need which can be dabbed on problem areas. Never caused too much drying or irritation to surrounding skin but did help in drying up pimples.

Probably more effective for those with occasional breakouts, mild to moderate acne vs. people like me with cystic acne, as it didn’t do too much for my bad breakouts, and also didn’t reduce the amount I had.

But, if you are looking for an on the spot occasional treatment, then this will probably be more helpful
Kira N.
Sacramento
I love, love, love this! It is amazing, it's seriously like magic. I use this as a spot treatment for acne before bed and when I wake up the next day it is GONE. Often times I'll look in the mirror the morning after to inspect how much a pimple has gone down or if it's become less red and I can't even find it anymore because it's literally vanished from my face. I don't know how the heck it works, but it does, and I would give everybody I know a bottle of this if I could! The best part is that a little (and I mean a LITTLE) goes a long way. Tea tree oil should always be diluted anyways due to the fact that it's so strong and drying on the skin (a good thing!) that you actually risk a chemical burn. Many people apply it full strength with no reactions however this is not recommended because with continual direct application to skin, it WILL catch up to you! So please always dilute it. You can mix it with another oil which is recommended but water will also work. You only need about 1 tsp of liquid and 2-3 drops of the tea tree oil. This will last you forever and for only $10 it's a steal!
Samantha M.
I have been using this product for years now and I love it so much. I tried finding other tea tree oils in stores but they always were so oily when I applied it to my face, this one doesn’t really feel like an oil on your face because it dries down so it doesn’t bother me. This tea tree oil has helped me so much with my pimples. I usually apply it with a cotton ball every night before I go to sleep, but sometimes I’m too lazy and just use my tea tree oil gel that has a wand attached to it which is easier to apply the tea tree oil with.THE BODY SHOP® Tea Tree Targeted Gel
Crystall C.
This has been one of my holy grail products. It does have a medicated smell, but that's the original tea tree for ya! I use a q-tip to get some a few drops and pat it on my blemishes or extracted pimples. Everytime I do this and wake up the next morning, it's either completely calmed down or it definitely does reduce the size of the blemish I had the night before. It does have a stinging sensation but that's obviously showing that it's doing its job!
Taylor C.
E Stroudsburg, PA
I got this as a free gift and I am LOVING it. While my face has cleared up for the most part I still get acne here and there and this stuff works amazingly! And I'm noticing my acne flares are appearing less and less from using this. A little goes a long way, and when I say little, I really do mean that. It's great for spot treatments and all over. The smell isn't horrible or off-putting but I did find it a little strong, it's growing on me though. This is the first tea tree item from the body shop but I'm very interested in trying more. Will be repurchasing
Maryam Z.
A little bit goes a long way. I bought mines last summer from Ulta and I still have it more than half the bottle left which I’m so surprised because I use it often. I use mines on top of my moisturizer at night, I don’t put this all over my face. I just spit treat it. I have tried it all over my face because and it deter my skin out so bad. You only need this for the spot you wanna treat. I’ve recommend this to a few friends and they all love it. Amazing product and not too pricey, lasts you a long time.
Ashley W.
Springfield, OR
I love this product, it leaves a cooling/tingling sensation when applied to the face. Apply by using a cotton ball/pad. The price for a small bottle can be a little expensive so definitely splurge a little bit and go for the bigger bottle so it lasts longer. I would definitely recommend to anyone who may have acne! I use this in the evening as a spot treatment for acne and when I wake up the next time it’s GONE! 😭😍🙏🏼. A little goes a long ways so you get a lot of product for your money!! Love, love, love
Sarah C.
Victorville , CA
I absolutely cannot live without tea tree oil! I use it every other day! It is such an amazing product that is super universal. It has so many benefits such as helps treat sunburns, skin infections, acne, act as a disinfectant, and so much more! I mainly use it to get rid of acne and acne scarring. It truly does wonders to my face. I love the scent because it smells super fresh. However, at times it can be a little strong if you put to much on. Tea tree oil can be super gentle on the face with using just one to two drops. But I have noticed that if you use an excess amount it can dry out your face! So I suggest using a few drops every so often! With my acne is completely stops the redness and makes them reduce size over night! This product is so amazing and versatile. Everyone need to try it !
Evelyn P.
Hudson, MA
I love tea tree oil as a spot treatment. It immediately dries out any pimples you have and clears them up within days. I just apply it after my toner and before my moisturizer on any acne I have. My one complaint is the packaging. The applicator it comes with is weird and doesn't dispense the product well. I'd recommend just taking that part off so you don't have to struggle with it. It's much easier to just dip a q-tip straight into the product and apply it.
Anna A.
Tifton, GA
This review is not a reflection on the body shops products or even just their tea tree oil, this is about ALL tea tree oil. Please be careful while using this. I know a lot of YouTube beauty bloggers rave about how this lessens pimples over night, but please don’t overdo it because it will burn you skin! I’m dealing with irritation/ burn/ contact dermatitis on my face that doesn’t seem to want to go away after using this on pimples. Use sparingly and if you have sensitive skin, skip all together!
Julie N.
San Jose, CA
What is the best way to apply this product? With a q-tip?
Alegna C.
BASKING RIDGE
How fast would you say it would get rid of a pimple? Overnight? and does it dry out your skin too much?
Dina A.
Ajman, Al Humaideya 2
How do you use it?
Gina J.
Mapleton, UT
What other uses, besides acne, do you use your tea tree oil for?
Jessica B.
Springfield, MO
How does tea tree oil affect your skin?