BY THE BODY SHOP

Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser is a mild oil-free and soap-free milky cleansing lotion. Effectively removes makeup and impurities without drying the skin. Leaves skin soft and supple with a shine free matte finish. Designed with seaweed to effectively care for combination to oily skin. Our leave-on Seaweed products contain both wild-harvested Community Trade seaweed from Ireland and our adaptive, oil-balancing technology, so shiny zones are controlled all day and essential moisture is delivered to your skin where it needs it most. What’s more, our seaweed is sustainable and naturally grown without chemicals or fertilizers, making it an environmentally-sound choice. We have never tested on animals. Similarly, we insist that our suppliers have not tested their ingredients on animals for cosmetic purposes. see more...

• Does using tea tree disturb the bodies natural "g... Be the first to answer!
  • Need a new facial cleanser that doesn't contain a lot of chemical...2 Answers
  • Is this a makeup remover or should I clear off my makeup before u...5 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I hate that the price is so high for such small bottles, but The Body Shop has great sales a few times a year, so I just stock up then. " in 1 review
  • "It leaves my skin soft and supple, and it doesn't overly dry it or leave a strange film." in 1 review
Michelle L.
Springfield
This is a great daily facial cleanser for my combination skin! It clears away the dead skin cells and any leftover products from my nighttime routine. I use other things to remove makeup but I'll often use this to get what was missed as well as help to restore balance to my skin since makeup removers can leave me feeling a bit too dry.
Jasmine M.
Sanford, NC
I like this facial cleanser for the fact it actually cleans your face very well! It's so effective and it's so gentle against your skin! It doesn't irritate your skin. It gives you a smooth soft finish that you can tell works for any type of skin.
Abby S.
I love all of the products from The Body Shop!! I especially love the Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser, as it cleans my face without leaving it too dry or too oily. It also doesn't have any strong scent, so you don't feel like you put on fragrance when you wash your face! LOVE IT!!!
Micah C.
Baltimore, MD
I liked this because it smelled really good. But I don't think it did much in terms of my acne. It was also drying at times. I feel like this cleanser was much stronger than the ones I have used before.
Alana H.
After just one use of the Seaweed Facial Cleanser and Seaweed Clarifying Toner my pores were visibly smaller. It's the first product I use in the morning and one of the last I use at night. My skin feels so fresh and clean after using this cleanser. The best part is that you can just wipe it off with a cotton pad or tissue -- no water or washcloth needed!
DONNA V.
I started to love this cleanser after I stopped using it with water. I use a quarter sized amount, massage it into my face and neck and then use a washcloth to remove it. It leaves my skin soft and supple, and it doesn't overly dry it or leave a strange film. I follow up with the matching Seaweed Day Cream. It's great for removing stubborn makeup (Like BB creams which tend to be waterproof)and doesn't overly dry my combination skin, like many 'acne' fighting cleansers do. Using it like this, I found I don't need toner, either. I am nearly out of my bottle, which has never happened with a skin cleanser before and I am looking for a replacement. It doesn't work overnight but it DOES work.....
Alexandra P.
I have oily combination skin and this product works great with it. It has an amazing scent and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I use in the morning and at night to wash my face and it's not harsh at all. It is on the pricier side for a smaller bottle ($14) so a little more than drugstore but I usually buy during the b3g3 sale at the body shop and stock up for a few months.
Amanda L.
I use this cleanser in the morning with another scrub cleanser, because I like to have exfoliation in the morning. Alone, this wash feels fresh, but I can't feel the effect. There is no tingle or coolness to it. It does, however, seem effective to calm redness caused by acne. I haven't noticed an effect on breakouts.
Cori C.
My skin tends to build up a tolerance to skincare products, so I use this a few times a week (the rest of the time I use their tea tree line). It has a nice smell and feels very creamy. It doesn't lather, so sometimes I wonder if it's actually working, but it seems to be. It is a bit expensive for a small bottle.
Felicia M.
Eugene, OR
I love this! I have combination skin and using this wash for a week has made my face feel so smooth. I love the scent, and it's not too bad a price when they have their buy 3 get 3 deal! Definitely worth it
Mary O.
Pasco, WA
Is this a makeup remover or should I clear off my makeup before using?
Beth L.
Grand Blanc, MI
Has anyone tried this line? If so what did you like about it, not like about it?
Marissa F.
Peterborough, ON - Ontario
Does this help with small breakouts? I'm looking for a nice cleanser.
Dilly S.
Severna Park, MD
Need a new facial cleanser that doesn't contain a lot of chemicals. I have prescription medicine to use now for my acne that dries my skin out so I just need a basic cleanser. I don't want anything with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Is this a good one? If not what would you recommend?
Jalm P.
Minneapolis, MN
Did this product cause any skin irritation? I live in a city with high humidity in the summer and we spend a lot of time in the sun and at the pool! Wonder would it make a difference