BY THE BODY SHOP

Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask - The Body Shop Difference: Wild-harvested seaweed, which comes from The Body Shop's fabulous Community Trade partner in Ireland, is an incredibly nutritive sea vegetable that has been a diet stable in Japan and China for thousands of years. How it works: Community Trade bladderwack seaweed and seaweed harvested from the French coast balance skin tone and purify and clarify the complexion. 100% natural clay complex cleanses and revitalizes skin; negatively charged ions act like magnets to draw out dirt and impurities from the pores. Seaweed is packed with vitamins and minerals that are also great for your skin, and because it moisturizes and conditions with zero oils, it is ideal for use on normal to shiny skin. Grown without any chemicals or fertilizers, The Body Shop's seaweed is an entirely natural and sustainable ingredient that re-grows fully within two years. Vegetarian. Not Tested on Animals. Contains Community Fair Trade Ingredients. No Phthalates. No Triclosan. No GMO. - Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask see more...

• How does this mask work on dry/normal skin? Have used this brands...2 Answers
  • I love this mask, but sometimes it dries out my face. any tips to...6 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Bao-Tran L.
Review for: The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, 4.2 oz more...
The mask is okay. It dries up quickly on the face. Once I wash it off, my skin feels smoother but that’s it. I didn’t feel like there was a progression of healthier skin after using it constantly. My oily skin didn’t get better or have reduced oil on the face, sadly. Eventually the box dried out even though I shut the lid pretty tightly. Not the best. If I wanted a product that reduces shine and oil on my face, I’d use the Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque
Kali G.
Salem, MA
Review for: The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask more...
I have combination/oily skin and the seaweed line is designed specifically for that skin type. This line helps balance the oils on your skin and this mask is no different. I love the scent of this mask and how soft/smooth it leaves my skin feeling. A little goes a long way, especially if you use once a week. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes until it is fully dry and then wash off.
Priyanka B.
Spokane, WA
Review for: The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, 4.2 oz, The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, Other more...
This is one of my favorite masks of all time because it feels like it really works. The new packaging tends to dry it out faster, unfortunately, but the mask can be revived with a little bit of water, and the product lasts forever so it’s always a good value for the money.
Kate W.
Pawhuska, OK
LOVE LOVE LOVE! I honestly can’t say enough about this mask. It really helped clear up my problem areas without drying out my entire face. The only thing I didn’t like was the smell of the mask. It was not the best.
Inzul M.
Roswell, GA
I don't use this mask too often as I feel like it dries my skin out too much (I have super dry skin) but it really helps with any and all skin problems. I also use it as spot treatment for pimples and on my nose to minimize pores and black heads.
Kim A.
Owls Head, ME
Works pretty well and doesnt seem to dry out my already dry skin. Only problem i had was ive used it 4 times and this last time my left cheek felt a little pain and burning but not on rest of my face so i dnt know if im allergic to it will try again.
Tiff P.
Sharon, PA
Review for: The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask more...
First, I want to note that this is now called "Seaweed Oil-Balancing." I needed a new facemask since my favorite store-brand kind was discontinued, and the Body Shop had a killer sale that made this as affordable. I prefer clay masks. I typically use them once a week (every Sunday night).
I absolutely LOVE this. It has a pleasant smell and applies smooth. My skin ends up firm and refreshed, feeling clean. I also use a retinoid and this causes no issues. Definitely recommend!
Alexa P.
I really enjoy using this mask. I have oily skin and it's great for balancing out the areas of my face that get too oily. My skin always feels refreshed after using it. However, I found that after opening it the mask tends to dry out rather quickly while it's in the container and after a certain point it does get difficult to use and apply.
Kisty M.
Hayward, CA
I love this clay mask! This mask keeps my skin soft, supple, and not shiny. I got this for NZ$34 and I thought it was pricey but a small jar also goes a long, long way!

You're supposed to leave it for 10 minutes but I noticed that it gets deep into my pores if I leave it longer than that. I swear, the blackheads I used to see on my nose vanished!
Rachita S.
Jamaica , NY
I got a sample from body shop and I really liked the fresh feeling afterward. My skin felt tight and firm. After that I purchased the container. I would recommend using a moisturizer afterward because the skin feels really dry after using it. Also it dries up in the container pretty soon so you need to mix it with water and use. I would like to explore other clay masks as well
Daedre H.
I love this mask, but sometimes it dries out my face. any tips to combat the dry skin?
Lindsay B.
Glen Ellyn, IL
How does this mask work on dry/normal skin? Have used this brands tea tree mask before