THE BODY SHOP® Hemp Hand Protector

Our best-selling hand cream. Wave goodbye to rough skin and help protect your hands from the elements with our soothing and nourishing hemp infused.

All Ingredients

Aqua, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cera Alba, Panthenol, Methyl Soyate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Sodium Benzoate, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Talc, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499.

This looks like a very thick cream, how often do I need to re-apply if I wash my hands frequently?
What is it like for dry skin?
WhatiiS the texture like? Is this good for dry skin? How nice it smells?🤔
Start your review of THE BODY SHOP® Hemp Hand Protector!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...right before bed, and in the morning my hands feel so soft. It is very moisturizing for hands. The entire Hemp line from the Body Shop is amazing.” in reviews
“...The earthy smell, thick cream and longevity is unsurpassed by any other dry skin formula I have ever used. Hands, nails, elbows , knees and feet all get some great love with one application of this wonder cream!” in reviews
“This is my favorite hand cream for winter. It smells amazing, absorbs well, and you don't need to use much. I received the gift box last year and I still have so much left. The tin it came in was also great for keeping all my nail tools together. I'll buy this!” in reviews
THE BODY SHOP® Hemp Hand Protector uploaded by Olive A.
Purchased at: ULTA
Bought this for my boyfriend because his hands get dry to the point of cracking and itching, and it works! He likes that it has a mild neutral fragrance and it keeps his hands healthy and soft. I’ve been using it at night once or twice a week to prevent dryness with all the hand washing lately and I haven’t had any dry skin issues. It’s a thick cream but runs in easily. A little definitely goes a long way, so this tube should last several months between the two of us. It‘s too rich to immediately use your hands right after applying, but it absorbs in about 5 mins. Highly recommend and will repurchase!
Portland , OR
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I got this free from the promotional offer from the body shop, so it’s in sample size. When I first tried, the smell of hemp threw me off. It’s a bit too earthy for me, even my boyfriend commented negatively about the smell. However the cream itself does a good job on moisturizing the skin and keep it that way. The hand gets super smooth for a while. I’m not sure if I’ll repurchase because I can’t stand the smell, but if you can deal with the smell and have bad dried hand, this is for you.
Texas
My favorite thing EVER!!! I worked in a bakery for a year and I use to wash dishes my hands would dry out due to the soaps and cleaning agents to the point where they cracked and bled. I searched everywhere for a hand cream that would help and they would just cause my hands to burn this one soothed and healed my hands with in a month and that was 4 years ago and I still buy it in bulk when I am down to one tube. It’s well priced and well worth it
I have been using this stuff since middle school! It’s got a really heady earthy smell and waxy consistency. I don’t love the ingredients , as the body shop is one of those companies that tends to green wash and make you thing they are ethically sourced, better for you, cruelty free, etc.... if it wasn’t for nostalgia and the little waste due to the collapsing aluminum recyclable packaging this would go down to a 4 for me!
San Francisco, CA
I put this thrice a day for just a week and my hands were healthy and soft again. Even my nails are stronger and growing again. This moisturizer is so heavy duty that I sometimes leave it on overnight. This cream absorbs pretty quickly, doesn’t leave a sticky feeling on your skin, and has a pleasant fragrance (to me, it is lightly grassy). It’s not offensive and smells natural. You will wake up and have baby soft hands.
Johnstown, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I am obsessive with my hand lotion and creams. I love that hemp is used more widely now. It took too long for many too see it's natural benefits and I love it. My hands feel amazing and it lasts a longer time than most. Bath and body smells good but honestly doesn't promote healing. It just feels nice and smells good. I recommend this if you need a product that helps to soften and moisturize hands.
Newmarket , NH
Heavy and not for the faint of heart. It’s greasy and thick but it *works* especially when rubbed into nails and cuticles; rub it in well and then clean your palms without water (wipe them well on a dry cloth or wet wipe) so your phone doesn’t go flying across the room and knock someone out, or use it before bed for max benefit without having to deal with greasy hands
San Diego
I received this product in the Black Friday tote (it was pre-chosen, I did not intentionally select it). It is very thick and incredibly moisturizing (as it is meant for ultra dry hands). It really helped my hands during the winter when they got very cracked. However, no one in my family likes the scent of it, so I cannot use too much of it when I am around them.
Montverde , FL
I used this when I worked at a grocery store where I was constantly opening boxes. My hands would get so dry and rough but this kept them feeling soft and amazing throughout the day no matter what I did. It smells earthy but not overpowering at all. I would 100% recommend this to anyone who is constantly doing things with their hands. It’s a life saver!
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I would love to give this more than 1 star but the smell of this hand cream is horrendous!! I bought this online thinking the hemp was more of an ingredient to make your hands feel extra soft BUT it’s also incorporated into the smell.. unlike the known HEMP lotion.. not a pleasant scent you want on your hands in public..or even at home. not for me );
Ask a question to the Influenster community...