BY THE BODY SHOP

Hemp Hand Protector - The Body Shop difference: Hemp Hand Protector will soften and protect hands, even after washing. The Body Shop's best-selling Hemp Hand Protector is dermatologically tested for very dry skin contains Community Fair Trade hemp seed oil. Hemp seed oil contains unusually high concentrations of essential fatty acids that repair skin's moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple. Community Fair Trade bees wax also is a great moisturizer and conditions skin. It acts as a barrier to seal in moisture. Best for very dry skin. 100% Vegetarian, Never Tested on Animals, Support Community Fair Trade Ingredients, No Sulfates, No Phthalates, No GMOs, No Triclosan - Hemp Hand Protector see more...

• Do you recommend for a tough skin person?1 Answers
  • Is hemp so good ?5 Answers
  • The [legal] definition of hemp is a plant that has low THC and pe...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Zola H.
Greensboro, NC
Wellness Guru Expert
This lotion is quite emollient with a limited grease (which is good when you are at work, like I often am), there is a a faint scent that if it were any stronger I wouldn't particularly care for. I got this lotion on the 420 body shop sale and I feel as though I got a good price.
Catrice F.
Arvada, CO
This stuff is fabulous, I use it every night on my hands when I get out of the shower. Just a tiny bit goes such a long way that I only need about 1 tube per year which is awesome because I feel it’s a little pricy for lotion but with as long as it lasts the cost is not too bad
Ashley S.
Wellness Guru Expert
This is another hand cream from The Body Shop that is a holy grail item for me. I love in a dry climate and my hands need moisture. A lot of moisture. This is the perfect hand cream for when my hands are feeling extra dry. It's thick. But it is moisturizing and for how thick it is it soaks in well and doesn't leave a crazy oil slick behind. My hands always feel amazing after using this. It makes the dry feeling go away after the first use and gets better from there! The smell may not be for everyone, but I would describe it as earthy. By no means are you going to smell of weed. Instead it has that fresh, green, came from the earth type smell. Not overpowering at all. For me it is well worth the price and the tube lasts for a good amount of time. Plus it comes in a variety of sizes. The Body Shop also has great sales and BOGOs that tend to include this lotion. I've also been finding this lotion at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, which means even more savings!

My ONLY issue is the metal tube. We have a love/hate relationship. I LOVE that it's metal, because it means you can roll the top down as you use it. Which means it takes up less space and it makes sure you're getting all of the product out. I HATE it because I live in a higher elevation and when I take the cap off the lotion just oozes from the bottle and doesn't stop easily. This means I get more product than I want, the cap won't go back on easily as it keeps seeping out and the cap and neck get gunked up. But I deal with it just so I can use this product. Plus I am now able to buy this in a jar, so no more fighting with the metal tube!
Alyssa C.
Burbank, CA
First of all, there's a slight scent. It smells like plant and it's not my type of scent. After awhile you just get use to it. Secondly, it comes in a tube. It's very travel-friendly. With that said, it's hard to get to the end of the tube. I wish the packaging was slightly better. Third, it's in-between medium to thick consistency. Once applied, it melts into your skin and feels like butter. It doesn't leave the heavy, greasy feel. It feels smooth and creamy on the skin. Lastly, it works magic. Since it absorbs into the skin, the hands improves quickly and hydrates.
Casey C.
Lawrenceville, GA
I got this item as a part of a Black Friday tote special deal. I was pretty new to The Body Shop at the time. I had only used their body butters up till then. I have eczema on certain spots on my hand, so I'm always looking for super moisturizing hand creams. I would use this at night to let it work overnight since I use my hands quite a lot during the day and wash my hands often . It definitely helped my eczema, but I couldn't stand the unpleasant odor. So I ended up only using this for a week and have it my friend who loved it so much, she went and bought more within a week.
Daniel A.
When I first bought this product I thought wow. The lady in the body shop said this hand cream lasts long and it's totally worth it. Well I will tell you when I have applied it on my hands it feels very thick. However the problem is I have to apply it every 2 hours or so because it just seems to vanish from my hands. It does not seem to last all day but if you want something to refresh your hands every once in a while it's a good option. I definitely would not make it my regular.
Sonal S.
I have eczema on my skin and regularly have cuts and extremely dry hands. I would put aquafor, l'occitane, aveeno eczema, etc. with cotton gloves at night and nothing works nearly as well as this stuff! It truly is amazing if you have very dry skin! Must try!! I couldn't live without it anymore. Life changing!
Kathrina W.
Martinsburg, WV
I'm in love with this hand cream. My previous job requires a lot of hand washing, I hate wearing gloves so I'd rather wash my hands than using it. Anyway, I already have dry skin, and frequent washing leaves my hand very dry and flaky. I started using this and saw a big difference. Since then this is my number 1 product for my hands. I also love the scent. It's a little greasy at first application but it dries quick.
Taylor H.
Oxford
This product by far is my favorite of all of their products.  leaves your hands as smooth and rehydrated as possible. It's like going and getting a hand massage while getting a manicure done. The hemp on its own is extremely good for the skin with all the natural vitamins it contains. It smells creamy and contains all natural ingredients. I highly recommended it to all.
Mikaela D.
Wellness Guru Expert
Review for: The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector, The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
This product is amazing! I'm in love with The Body Shop's entire Hemp collection. Their lotion has been an all time favorite for years; my mom got me into it due to her having severe dry skin that causes deep cuts in her hands in the winter. This is the ONLY lotion out there that heals and replenishes those cuts! It keeps my own skin soft and is a must-have in my book!
Sherrisse C.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Kinda confused.... Doesn't hemp mean marijuana? And there's a picture of a leaf on the tube as well. So does this product contain actual pot or does it contain other herbs?
Dita V.
Akmenu liela 17
Is hemp so good ?
Angela N.
Wellness Guru Expert
The [legal] definition of hemp is a plant that has low THC and perhaps has a higher level of CBD. They are derived from the same plant but completely different uses. Cannabis has so many beneficial purposes. The only reason it is illegal today is because we had a paranoid president who thought some psycho kid with multiple personalities was under the influence of it and murdered his family... Crazy! Anyways the hand protector is AMAZING!
Oi, oi, sou cabelereira gosto de produtos eficientes para os cabelos e com cheiro incrivel. Se for bom quero saber.
beauty f.
debrecen
Do you recommend for a tough skin person?