BY THE BODY SHOP

Give your skin a new lease of life with our Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask. Inspired by Chinese traditions, we’ve blended ginseng extract, rice extract and sesame seed oil into our 100% vegetarian creamy exfoliating mask, that’s been formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil. Use two to three times a week to reveal brighter-looking, even and supple feeling skin. For a stimulating facial at home experience, we recommend using this face mask together with our Facial Mask Brush.

• 100% vegetarian
  • Creamy exfoliating face mask
  • Formulated without parabens, paraffins, silicones or mineral oils
  • Perfect for skin that needs an intense treatment to remove dullness and unevenness.
  • Illuminates, evens and revitalises skin
  • Blended with rice & ginseng extracts from China and organic Community Trade Seasame Seed Oil from Nicaragua.
  • Discover the benefits of our natural 100% vegetarian face masks to reveal amazing, healthy skin!

All Ingredients

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit, Kaolin, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PEG-100 Stearate, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire dÕabeille, Perlite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Menthol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract/Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Citronellol, Linalool, Menthoxypropanediol, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Eugenol, Dextrin, Oryza Sativa Extract/Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.

Buy on ULTA*
Rachel H.
New York
PAMPERING TO PERFECTION!!! When The Body Shop released their new mask collection, I went and bought them all!!! I love face masks and the The Body Shop so nothing could've been more perfect. And they didn't disappoint. The Chinese Ginseng and Rice mask is by far my favorite and I can't say enough good things about it. For starters, you get about 4-5 uses out of the pot, depending on how generous you are with the product. In my opinion, this is pretty great! I usually have a few different masks on hand and alternate between them so I only end up using the same mask 1-2 times a week. The mask smells amazing when you first open up the pot and continues to smell great until you wash it off! It's a little think and goopy but feels luxurious on your face. I apply a fair layer to my entire face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Once it begins to dry and get caked, I dampen my fingertips and massage it in, so the exfoliation particles can work their magic, then I rinse my face completely and pat dry with a towel. The exfoliation is perfect! Not to rough and not to gentle. My face always feels very refreshed, pampered and has a crazy glow about it!! Next time you want to pamper your skin, reach for The Bod Shop's Chinese Ginseng and Rice Polishing Mask!
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I am a skincare enthusiasts & I keep researching about new & unique natural ingredients to help my skin look & feel better. I have read a lot about Chinese ginseng ,it’s benefits & what it can do for your skin. Lot many beauty bloggers & skincare enthusiasts swear by this ingredient. Chinese ginseng is believed to have anti ageing properties & it also helps in getting even toned brighter skin. I was really curious to add this ingredient to my skincare regime so when I came across this mask I had to try it. The body shop products are really effective & I trust this brand for good quality products. I have liked almost all the products which I have ever used for the Body Shop.I must say I wasn’t disappointed with this mask as well. It leaves my skin soft, smooth & clear & I can see the effect of this mask on my skin for days. I suffer from occasional acne & these acne leave behind stubborn acne marks. I always look for products with clearing & brightening ingredients so they can help with my acne scars. This mask is definitely helping with my acne scars as well. I am using other acne & acne scar treatment product along with this mask. Like any other mask this mask doesn’t dry up my skin though I always follow up any mask with my usual skincare routine (essence, serum, moisturiser etc.) as I have combination skin my skin gets dried up easily on my cheeks & forehead area if I don’t use moisturiser. I use it once or twice a week. Although it has a strong smell but it’s bearable for me. I will definitely buy this mask again.
Andrea H.
Los Angeles, CA
Let me start with the positives, because this mask has an amazing texture. It smells great, like tea. Or like something aromatherapy related. Super thick and creamy with coarse rice grains for exfoliation. This mask is great for brightening, and deep cleaning but NOT as harsh as their charcoal one. However, it’s got some heat to it. The good thing is your skin will glow after you use this bad boy. You’ll look like a new person. However, it takes far too much effort to get the mask off. Luckily I have a facial brush, but if you’re trying to just wash it off, forget it. I advise people to do this mask in the shower.

Also, for some reason this mask has some heat to it. It’s a tingling, hot, pulsating feeling. Kinda like the Aztec healing clay mask if anyone’s ever tried that. This gives me the feeling that it’s working but can be very off putting. Overall it does what it says, and gives the skin great result if you can get over the feeling it brings.
Evelyn P.
Hudson, MA
Really great mask! Good for oily skin or anyone looking for a good exfoliating mask. Not as strong as their Himalayan charcoal mask, meaning it's a better choice for more sensitive skin. My only criticism is the price seems a bit much for the size of the container. With regular application, it would only last you a couple months. However, the product itself is great and I'd absolutely recommend.
Janay B.
I personally didn’t have problems with this product but I know some people don’t like the consistency of it. I have mildly sensitive skin so it didn’t break me out but my sister’s skin is super sensitive so she had hives all over her face
Christal N.
Smyrna , GA
This one I love because it doesn’t dry down rock hard but evens out the skin tone and easy to wash off . I love the texture and recommend it for those who may have acne scars . They also make a milieu toner that goes with the mask , once again good for those who want to even out the skin tone
Sony C.
Very calming effect...I have always been huge body shop product fan and this mask does not disappoint....it has a little rough texture which works as a scrub ...skin feels absolutely supple and refreshing after you apply this mask
Ana P.
I️ love this mask!! I️t smells so good to me. I️t reminds me of fruit loops! Most importantly I️ love the way I️t makes me face feel so soft and bright. I️ purchased I️t online while the promotion buy one get two free was going on just to try I️t out & I️ would repurchase. I️ also enjoy the toner.
Melissa D.
Lake charles, LA
One of my fave mask!!! It exfoliate my dead skin cell, my skin looks refreshed and glowing. I got it at Ulta when they had the promotion, so it's a great deal because a little goes for entire face hehehe
Yasmen J.
Dayton,Ohio
This mask is very great. Before I bought it I made sure my friends tried it out. This was my first time trying in the packaging was actually really great and I bought it online on Amazon and there is no improvement needed for this product
chloe l.
Littlehampton, Littlehampton
Anyone else find this broke them out
Ashley W.
Paragould, AR
The Chinese know true beauty from the inside out! Who else is buying this?
Shannon C.
Cumberland, RI
What does it smell like? Im big on how things smell when im putting them on my body.
Alex S.
Has anyone had a good experience with this product? Would you repurchase/recommend?
Thi Ngoc Anh P.
Hamilton, ON
What is the difference between before and after using it? Is it worth the money?