THE BODY SHOP® Africa Shea Butter & Sesame Oil Body Balm

This rich body balm is inspired by African tribal spa rituals. It moisturises even very dry skin.

All Ingredients

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent),Glycerin (Humectant), PPG-2 Myristyl EtherPropionate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner),Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Stearyl Alcohol (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient),Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-ConditioningAgent/Emollient), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ximenia Americana Seed Oil (Emollient), Parfum(Fragrance), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Populus TremuloidesBark Extract (Natural Additive), Lactic Acid (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient),Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative),Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient),Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient),Caramel (Colour), CI 15510 (Colour).

Does this product have a funky smell? Is it pungent or have a delightful scent?
I really want to try this body butter as I have dry skin, my question is does it have a greasy feel after and does it just sit on the surface of the skin?
Start your review of THE BODY SHOP® Africa Shea Butter & Sesame Oil Body Balm!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...skin. It leaves a lovely lightweight sensation, without compromising its moisturizing capabilities. I only wish it came on a bigger jar, as I go through it very quickly. Will definitely buy again.” in reviews
“I have dry skin so this really helps. You get a good amount for the price. Nice scent that isn't overpowering. The texture is nice and goes on smoothly” in reviews
“Smells good and leaves you with soft smooth and shiny skin. Fells good on your skin and leaves you with a amazing results” in reviews
Milwaukee, WI
This product by ALL means deserves 5 stars. Smells AMAZING. The package is cute itself so you can always reuse it for other things. Leaves your body feeing soft and smelling great. I would most definitely buy it again.
East Orange, NJ
I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT,THE SCENT ISNT OVERBEARING SO IF YOU WANT TO WEARPERFUME WITH YOU CAN. ITS REALLY GOOD TO USE AFTER SHAVING TO REPLENISH YOUR SKIN. ITS A LITTLE PRICEY FOR MY POCKETS CONSIDERING YOU CAN FIND A BETTER PRODUCT FOR A CHEAPER PRICE
Coppell, TX
Great product which gives my skin more smoother than before and left a nicer feeling. Shea leaves the skin softer and gives an exact nourishment for the dry skin like mine. Sesame gives the glow. I just love it.
Seattle, WA
Any kind of body lotion/balm with shea in it pulls me in and I never regret it. The soft scent and the buttery smooth feeling this balm leaves me with is incredible. The price makes it affordable because the results of smooth skin are last a while.
Colorado Springs, CO
The Shea and Sesame Body Balm feels so good after a long day at work. Able to come home, have a bath and rub it on my legs and arms, and it has just barely a hint of scent that allows me to use plenty without sneezing uncontrollably. Leaves my legs and arms soft and smooth. When others ask how I got such soft skin I recommend the The Body Shop.
San Antonio, TX
Great for a spa night, I recommend using this with a light hand since I find it to be a little harsh on the skin but once you rinse it off I leaves skin like a dream. I would want to give another scrub a try.
North Port , FL
The moisturizer has the most lovely consistency of a mousse, and although it is very dense it melts and glides easily on the skin. It leaves a lovely lightweight sensation, without compromising its moisturizing capabilities. I only wish it came on a bigger jar, as I go through it very quickly. Will definitely buy again.
Auburn, AL
This product is good for hydrating hands, feet, knees, elbows, and other areas prone to dryness (especially in the winter). I personally use it before I apply self-tanner, because it allows for a smoothr application.
Denver, CO
This stuff is seriously amazing!! I am a huge fan of body butter, but this stuff is my favorite one. It smells good and it leaves you feel like you're glowing. it leaves your skin so touchably soft, it's amazing
Seattle, WA
Mmmmm this stuff is delicious! One of those rich, decadent, creamy body butters that feels absolutely lush to apply. A bit pricey compared to drugstore but when I have extra dry elbows, knees and feet this is the baby I reach for. Totally recommend!