BY THE BODY SHOP #14 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• What would you consider to be the best smelling/most worthwhile l...6 Answers
  • Hey thebodyshop professionals! I just wanted to thank you for bei...1 Answers
  • What are the main similarities/differences between this store and...7 Answers
The Body Shop
  • "I adore their body butters which nourish skin like no others...not so keen on the very sweet strawberry or floral butters, but the satsuma or pink grapefruit are both heavenly with a zing...really good skincare ranges too, my fav being tea tree, vit E and pomegranate...there's a quiz you can do on their website to find the best products for your skin type..." in 99 reviews
  • "I used to be a big fan of this brand, particularly for the appealing scents and temporary effects from the Seaweed and Tea Tree Oil face products, the Blue Corn face mask, and the Moisturizing Honey hair care (discontinued?)." in 42 reviews
  • "Absolutely love this store they have excellent products for from make up to skin care to hair care for a beauty store you name it im sure they got it." in 35 reviews
  • "I love The Body Shop, not only for their products but also their values (ie; Against Animal Testing, Community Fair Trade, Activate Self Esteem, Defend Human Rights, Protect The Planet, and Ethical Trade), as well as The Body Shop Foundation." in 24 reviews
  • "I love their body butters and perfumes they smell amazing, I really like their aloe vera face washes since I have sensitive skin." in 22 reviews
Avani P.
Avani P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
For someone who has hormonal acne and is allergic to salycilic acid which is in a large variety of affordable acne targeting products (face washes, toners, serums, masks, etc), I honestly didn't have much hope in finding anything miraculous here.
The first time I walked in, the lady at the register came around and listened to my concerns, she let me browse by myself and aided when I wanted extra explanations. I started with the Tea Tree line first, the face washes and toner last quite a long time, I have yet to purchase another of the toner and deep cleansing face wash.
The foaming face wash runs out much more quickly, but because of my sensitive skin, I prefer it's gentleness to the scrub. There wasn't a huge difference in my skin, the face wash and toner simply helped keep my skin clean and balanced without doing any further damage or being too harsh.
The tea tree oil, while less harsh than raw tea tree oil, it still felt too drying and didn't help my acne much.
The tea tree primer, I'm not sure if they changed the formula when they changed the packaging style, but it has been burning my skin and I've since stopped using it.
The new Tea Tree Anti-imperfection Daily Solution has to be absolutely AMAZING! I'm the type to breakout from anything, if a child playfully pokes my face, I will break out in that exact spot, any kind of face wax, eyebrow threading, you name it. However, other than my hormonal acne, which this actually helps calm down, this solution has prevented almost every other breakout. The first time I used it was after getting my eyebrows done and because the lady told me it was gentle enough to put all over my face, I went for it. I had not a single bump afterwards.
The Vitamin C moisturizer is the second most amazing product I've seen. I'm pretty sure its purpose is to brighten, but I also noticed a difference in my acne scars. Not only is my face brighter but this moisturizer has been keeping the redness down and helping fade the scars.
The Wild Argon Oil body and hair oil and the almond hand and nail cream are great. I use them almost daily.
I've tried quite a few other products of their's - Seaweed face mask, tea tree mask, drops of youth (sleeping mask and concentrate), and more. I would review those, but they just weren't as life changing, so maybe one day if I decide to give them another go.
One thing I would like to point out, the scents are not overpowering. As someone prone to instant headaches/migraines from strong scents, I've been quite pleased with these products in that aspect. The rose-scented line smells incredible, that's my next target!
Andrea R.
Andrea R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
He intentado muchos productos de esta compañía en cada categoría que venden. Se ha convertido en mi marca favorita para tales productos porque la marca es de bajo costo, los productos son de buena calidad, y hay una buena cantidad de producto dado. También me encanta que la mayoría de sus productos tienen ingredientes naturales. Uno de mis productos favoritos sería las mantequillas de cuerpo, el olor y la humedad que este producto da es grande. También me encanta el Satsuma Body Polish, es mi lavado de cuerpo favorito. También he probado la línea del árbol del té de productos, específicamente la piel del árbol del té que limpia el lavado de la cara y el tóner. Encuentro que cuando no uso estos dos productos mi cara estalla. Tengo la piel de la combinación y el lavado quita el aceite que está en mi cara, pero no seca mi piel hacia fuera. Mi eyeliner preferido es hecho por esta compañía, y es el eyeliner líquido. El único producto que no estaba muy emocionado con sería la humedad blanco concentrado Target Perfector. Durante el uso de este producto, no pude ver gran parte de la diferencia en mis marcas hiper pigmentación.
Me gustaría mencionar el olor de los productos que, es un tema que algunas personas están preocupados. Soy muy sensible a los olores fuertes; Debido a esto, no puedo usar ningún perfume. Todos los productos que he probado no son dominantes en el olfato, y no causan ningún dolor de cabeza. Esto será diferente para cada persona, y me gustaría comprar un producto que usted está interesado en, y luego ver cómo el olor es para usted.
En general, realmente disfruto de esta empresa, y estoy deseando probar más productos en el futuro.
Fraan G.
Fraan G.

The Body Shop is a store that like many others discovered years ago in England. At that time I was fascinated with the strawberry lip balm and the prefix White Musk but I did not decide to buy anything because it seemed a bit expensive.
Although I suppose everyone knows this brand, it is good to remember that they do not experiment with animals, that the ingredients of their products come from Fair Trade, that their containers are recycled and that it promotes campaigns against Gender Violence and foments their own self-esteem Of women, factors to take into account when buying
I am going to talk about the products that I have tried. First of all, mention that the makeup tools (brushes, brushes and others) are the best in the market, I can assure you. Corrector of dark circles (one that comes in thick pencil), is an authentic past and being in pencil lasts a barbarity, do not be fooled by its format, it is pencil but at the same time very creamy, with a perfect coverage and fixing; I like very much a Gel Translucent bronzer for the summer, it is a very light and refreshing gel that you apply it in the face in summer when you are brunette and it leaves you the face resplendent and with a fantastic tone, the product in itself when you see it is Black and this can frighten a little but to extend it on the skin is not like this.
Gabriela Alexandra D.
Gabriela Alexandra D.
Toledo, Seseña Nuevo
I recently became a big fan of The Body Shop from two incidents where they exceeded my expectations. I was a die hard, ride or die Sephora fan, and had decided to take a ride and make a trip to return some recently purchased and received via US Postal Service, various items. In addition, I heard that the location was one of the best I had ever heard of, and waa curious to make my own determination on how easily accessible it waa and so forth. Delightful, relieved and overall grateful are my feelings of The Body Shop. The adorable associate was very approchable and was a sweetheart. She was helpful and profession but yet remained genuine and that goes a long way with me. One part of my return exceeded the time allowed for a store return (oversight on my part - it was on the back of the receipt) and was instructed to send the items back using the pre-paid label.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Green Cv Spgs, FL
I love the Body Shop!! The only store I buy "specialty" bath products from! Some of my favorites are the coconut cream body scrub, the drops of youth facial oil, the whipped honey mania body cream, any of the body washes. Some of my favorite scents are the Fuji green tea, strawberry, mango, and of course honey mania! Their lip balm pots smell delicious and work wonderfully for dry or chapped lips! The hemp hand cream is great for guys! I use it myself in the winter months when I tend to dry out a bit, but find it too oily for me year round. If you haven't been to the Body Shop, head to the mall, follow your nose and try it out! They have a great rewards program as well! You're welcome!! 😉
Maha K.
Maha K.
Newark, NJ
I have been to the body shop a few times however I do no recommend it. Their make up is not very good in my opinion. Their foundation does not offer much coverage and their eye shadow seems on the cheap side. I recently bought their 3 for $5 face masks - they did seem good in the beginning. Their Ethiopian honey and charcoal masks were very pleasant to put on but after washing it off it didn't seem to accomplish anything. Their lotions smell very good, however they can often be found at cheaper prices at places such as TJ max and Marshalls. I would not go here as they do not have anything special to offer.
Coreen H.
Coreen H.
Baltimore, MD
The hemp hand cream is my "go-to" during the cold months! My hands get super dry and crack until they bleed! It's awful. The hemp hand cream at the body shop is full of fatty acids that help with the dryness. A little goes a very long way with this product. Not only does it moisturize with just a small dab, but it is also water resistant (hello to all you nurses out there!). The only negative thing I would say about this product is the smell. It's a little off putting at first, but don't let that get to you. This product is totally worth the money ($10 for the pocket size, $20 for the full).
Alissa J.
Alissa J.
Clive, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
By far my favorite place to get all of my body care essentials! I love how friendly the staff are at my local shop! I have been using their products since I was little [5 years old +]. My daughter has terribly sensitive skin; we have never had an issues with their products! I love the body butters, shower gels and my daughter's favorites are the banana shampoo & conditioner.

The only issue, I have is they don't have my childhood [my mom's favorite for along time as well] favorite shower gel/shampoo is the Dewberry.

I love their skin care products and makeup too!
Lilianne T.
Lilianne T.
I love that The Body Shop has sales ALL OF THE TIME! And their sales are REALLY good and you really get the bang for your buck! I primarily go to The Body Shop to buy the Tea Tree Oil Face Cleanser. It has helped me really cleanse my face and prevented acne significantly over my daily use in the showers. I also like their body butters because it is so hydrating and they all smell amazing. I just recently discovered their hand sanitizers and love them because they don't leave your hands feeling squeaky and uncomfortable afterwards like other hand sanitizers do.
Grissel C.
Grissel C.
Let me start by saying that i have been a huge fan of The Body Shop products since i was about 15. I was introduced to it by my mother who was a massive fan herself.
The smells are amazing & some of the products really work for me. with Body butter, A lot of people may have issues with it feeling quite greasy if your skin isnt in need of a good quenching, but you can apply as little or as much as you need.
I would definitely reccommend everyone to have one of these amongst their skincare stash. I will be buying these until i’m old and wrinkly.
sarah s.
sarah s.
GILLINGHAM, Kent
Will this product smell nice an feel nice on skin?
Kirsty A.
Kirsty A.
Scranton, PA
Does it smell good
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite Body Butter scent?
Tanya K.
Tanya K.
Alta Loma, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is your favorite scent?
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
What time of year do they have their biggest sale? I want to stock up, but have to wait for better prices and deals.