BY BLUE BUFFALO #9 in Dog Food

Formulated for the health and well-being of small breed dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients and features:

Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
NO corn, wheat or soy
NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
And to help support the special needs of smaller dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula for Small Breeds is made with increased protein and carbohydrates to meet higher energy needs.

INGREDIENTS
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine), Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Peas, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Natural Flavor, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Potatoes, Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, DL-Methionine, Caramel, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

• I have trouble finding dog food that our dog will continu...3 Answers
  • Anyone else had problems with their dog not eating the vi...2 Answers
Emma N.
My dog is an incredibly picky eater, and blue Buffalo formulas are the only dog food he’ll actually eat. It’s nice to know he’s getting a healthy diet, and it says something when he won’t even touch other similar priced brands. As long as he eats it, I’ll keep purchasing it!
Deb C.
Denver
We just started our dog on this food recently, but we can already see the difference quality food like this makes. I did heaps of research on dog food and finally decided on this, because it has the healthiest ingredients and outstanding reviews. So glad we found this, she loves it and I know that it is good for her!!THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Small Breed Adult Dogs
Tricia C.
Tracy, CA
Purchased at: PetSmart
This is the food I feed my dogs and they like it, except for the life source bits. They will let those little pieces fall out of their mouth but will end up eating it later, so I can tell they really don’t like it that much. Those pieces are filled with vitamins. To make this product an even better product they could integrate those pieces into the regular dog food instead of having separate pieces. I only feed my dogs healthy nutritious food and this food is nutritious but can get a little messy because of those little pieces. I’ve been feeding my dogs this food for four years and haven’t had a problem with the nutritional content and they are all very healthy!
Amanda U.
Philadelphia, PA
I thought he really liked this food until his yeast infection kept coming back. I switched to a different food and he seems fine now. I’m not sure if it was all the carbs in it that was converting to sugar or what but I don’t think I’d recommend in the future based off the price.
Karyn W.
Cleveland, OH
I feed my cats the cat food in this same line and my dog loves it just as much. I like that it's not full of corn gluten meal and instead has nutritious ingredients like chicken and rice. It's pricey but since my dog eats less of it at once, it's worth it!
Thais S.
Everett, MA
The only dog food I give to my dog. I really like the small grains so that she is able to actually fit them in her mouth. Great ingredients and I know she’s getting the nutrients she needs. I will continue to buy this for my dog! I very much recommend.
Megan M.
Indianapolis
I have been feeding my Jack Russell Blue Buffalo for about a year. My Jack Russell loves this food. It is more expensive than other dry dog foods, but I think it is worth it for higher quality ingredients 💕🐶. I just started transitioning my 5 month old puppy to the same food. He also really seems to like it. I think they like this food because of the small size of the kibble. THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Small Breed Adult Dogs
Janna F.
Cape Coral, FL
I think my dog has become a snob, because this is the only kibble she’ll eat. It’s a little pricey, but it’s better to know what is in your dogs food then to not know. It also keeps your dog healthy and lean . ☺️
Toni M.
I buy this for my dog he is about 12 years young and he loves this stuff ! First time I gave it to he act like I never gave anything to eat . Don’t mind paying the money for it . He is worth it .
Amanda L.
Santa Ana, CA
I love blue buffalo. Every dog food I’ve tried makes my pups have a wet watery stool. I guess none of them were compatible to any of the other foods. Also blue buffalo has really good natural ingredients and no by products. I recommend this brand to all my pup lovers!
Paula B.
Rome, GA
I have trouble finding dog food that our dog will continuously eat. Do most dogs like this brand? What flavors are in it? I try to get dog food that has different meat flavors.
Sarah R.
Anyone else had problems with their dog not eating the vitamin bits? Maybe there is some way to make them more appetizing?