BY BLUE BUFFALO CO. #5 in Dog Food

Formulated for the health and well-being of small breed dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients and features:

Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
NO corn, wheat or soy
NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
And to help support the special needs of smaller dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula for Small Breeds is made with increased protein and carbohydrates to meet higher energy needs.

INGREDIENTS
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine), Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Peas, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Natural Flavor, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Potatoes, Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, DL-Methionine, Caramel, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

• I have trouble finding dog food that our dog will continu...3 Answers
  • Anyone else had problems with their dog not eating the vi...3 Answers

Start your review of THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Small Breed Adult Dogs!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
susan m.
I tried a few different brands of dog food for my poodle and after reading reviews decided to try blue buffalo. So glad I did! This doesn’t upset his sensitive stomach and he gets so excited to eat this he acts like it’s a treat! I’ll never feed him anything other than blue buffalo!
Deb C.
Denver
We just started our dog on this food recently, but we can already see the difference quality food like this makes. I did heaps of research on dog food and finally decided on this, because it has the healthiest ingredients and outstanding reviews. So glad we found this, she loves it and I know that it is good for her!!THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Small Breed Adult Dogs
Amanda U.
Philadelphia , PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I thought he really liked this food until his yeast infection kept coming back. I switched to a different food and he seems fine now. I’m not sure if it was all the carbs in it that was converting to sugar or what but I don’t think I’d recommend in the future based off the price.
Karyn W.
Cleveland Hts, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I feed my cats the cat food in this same line and my dog loves it just as much. I like that it's not full of corn gluten meal and instead has nutritious ingredients like chicken and rice. It's pricey but since my dog eats less of it at once, it's worth it!
Thais S.
Everett, MA
The only dog food I give to my dog. I really like the small grains so that she is able to actually fit them in her mouth. Great ingredients and I know she’s getting the nutrients she needs. I will continue to buy this for my dog! I very much recommend.
Aisha N.
Palmdale, CA
Purchased at: Walmart
I just adopted a bonded pair miniature poodles and they wouldn’t eat all of the dog food that the shelter gave them. When I got home with these today they ate it all up! I want only the best for my babies and I saw the reviews on this and I’m happy to say that I agree with all the good reviews! It’s a bit pricey but think about all the food you buy for yourself! A little more money for your dogs health won’t hurt! Unless you’re like super broke then yeah buy them something cheaper but check the reviews and see what’s good for them!
Megan M.
Indianapolis
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have been feeding my Jack Russell Blue Buffalo for about a year. My Jack Russell loves this food. It is more expensive than other dry dog foods, but I think it is worth it for higher quality ingredients 💕🐶. I just started transitioning my 5 month old puppy to the same food. He also really seems to like it. I think they like this food because of the small size of the kibble. THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Small Breed Adult Dogs
Janna F.
Cape Coral, FL
I think my dog has become a snob, because this is the only kibble she’ll eat. It’s a little pricey, but it’s better to know what is in your dogs food then to not know. It also keeps your dog healthy and lean . ☺️
Viv I.
My two doggies are super picky with their dog foods (not human foods). We’ve tried a couple different brands but it seems like they like this one better. They will not even touch others like Purina. I like how the kibble is small for their little mouths. The ingredient list looks better than other brands out there. However, I do notice one of my dogs pick out all the darker kibbles and leave them on the ground. But I think that’s just him being a picky eater.
Amanda L.
Santa Ana, CA
I love blue buffalo. Every dog food I’ve tried makes my pups have a wet watery stool. I guess none of them were compatible to any of the other foods. Also blue buffalo has really good natural ingredients and no by products. I recommend this brand to all my pup lovers!
Sarah R.
Anyone else had problems with their dog not eating the vitamin bits? Maybe there is some way to make them more appetizing?

Amazon