BY BLUE BUFFALO #53 in Dog Food

Formulated for the health and well-being of puppies, BLUE Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients and features:

Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
NO corn, wheat or soy
NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
Because puppyhood is such an important stage in any dog’s life, BLUE Life Protection Formula for Puppies features ingredients that support healthy growth and development.

INGREDIENTS

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Peas, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Flavor, Dried Egg, Potatoes, Salt, Fish Oil (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid and ARA-Arachidonic Acid), Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, Choline Chloride, Caramel, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Taurine, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

• Is this a good brand? My boyfriend and I are considering...8 Answers
  • Does your puppy like this food?5 Answers
  • I have a very active 2 year old weiner dog. Would this be...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Schree R.
Mechanicsville
We adopted this baby, Lyla, in August of 2017. Our other dog Sophie, needed a friend. After all the negative feedback about supermarket brands such as Purina, Beneful, etc, we decided to go with Blue Buffalo for her as well as our first rescue. She absolutely loves it! This brand may he expensive compared to the ones listed above but well worth it for the her well being. Well worth the purchase!
Faith H.
Tulsa, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
He loves this. We switched it because he was having a sensitive stomach to the other dog food. As soon as we switched his coat got shinier he was able to hold down food his poops became more solid and less frequent. He had more energy and actually ate less to! I guess because it’s better food it’s keeping him fuller longer? A little pricey when I buy the big bags but it’s worth it I think.
Heather B.
Chicopee , MA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Started my dog on grain free food as it seemed best for last dog. Feedings were k but he was having some tummy issues. I switched to this food due to being out and my boyfriend grabbed it as we both know the brand and he feeds it to his dog.   Never. Going. Back! My dog chows this down and no more tummy problems!!! THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Puppies
Jocelyn M.
Whittier, CA
This is the only brand that i feed to my puppy. She loves it so much. As soon as i fill her bowl with food she attacks and devours all her food. I had bought a different brand but she wasn't eating it then i switched to this one and i have been buying this ever since. I usually buy the 6lb bag at Target, the price is not to bad and it last her for a good while.
Heidi T.
My dogs LOVE the THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Wilderness® Chicken For Adult Dogs dog food and the THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Wilderness® Chicken For Puppies. As a proud dog mama, I want my pups to live the best life (and eat the best food!) While this product is pricey, it keeps my dogs happy and healthy, which is what every good dog owner wants!
Alice D.
Brooklyn, NY
When we first adopted him, the shelter was using this brand for him so we purchased a bag as to not drastically change up Loki's diet. However, we noticed that Loki's stool would be really soft and a lot of times liquid-y. We've tried a few other popular dog food brands and had similar results, so we switched Loki to a limited ingredients brand which worked for him and no more diarrhea for Loki.

We went to the vet and checked for everything, but couldn't work our exactly why Blue Buffalo didn't work for Loki. My guess is that he is allergic to some of the ingredients that are used in most dog food. So be aware if your dog has allergies or sensitive stomach.
Hannah F.
Indian Head
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My little puppy has a very sensitive stomach and this is the only food we’ve been able to feed him without him throwing it back up. It smells delicious (even to me lol) and my dog certainly loves it. I’m happy to have a healthy little guy running around!
Lizzie C.
West Union, SC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a foster dog that is a chocolate lab who is very active. The previous foster parents had them on this so this is what we decided to keep him on. I feel that this is a good dog food but I do not believe that it is worth the money and I will be slowly switching him over to Purina puppy chow.
allison n.
Cary, IL
Our goldendoodle loves this, we only want to feed her the best and that’s exactly what this is. She loves dinner time, we used to have to give her chicken in her old food because she didn’t like it, now she can’t get enough of this (without the chicken). It is pricey, but that’s what you get for quality food.
Bailey L.
brighton
My dog loved this food. She did however start experiencing some anxiety and the vet suggested that the led content in this food could have increased the anxiety. She was also was experiencing a lot of stomach issues, but we are not sure it was caused by this food. We have since switched her foods and she has been much better.
Kristin R.
Lafayette, LA
I love this product but have a hard time finding bigger bags of the small bites. Does anyone know where I can find it at?
Taylor C.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Is this a good brand? My boyfriend and I are considering getting a puppy
Anna R.
Clifton, NJ
Did anyone's dog get sick eating this? My puppy has stayed away from this dry food since she has had bad reactions to it
Nicole B.
New Iberia, LA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Been wanting to try this is itvwilorth the price??
kelly m.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Does your puppy like this food?