BY BLUE BUFFALO CO.

Formulated for the health and well-being of puppies, BLUE Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients and features:

Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
NO corn, wheat or soy
NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
Because puppyhood is such an important stage in any dog’s life, BLUE Life Protection Formula for Puppies features ingredients that support healthy growth and development.

INGREDIENTS

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Peas, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Flavor, Dried Egg, Potatoes, Salt, Fish Oil (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid and ARA-Arachidonic Acid), Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, Choline Chloride, Caramel, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Taurine, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

• Is this a good brand? My boyfriend and I are considering...9 Answers
  • Does your puppy like this food?5 Answers
  • I have a very active 2 year old weiner dog. Would this be...1 Answers

Start your review of THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Puppies!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
susan m.
I tried a few different brands of dog food for my poodle puppy and after reading reviews decided to try blue buffalo. So glad I did! This doesn’t upset his sensitive stomach and he gets so excited to eat this he acts like it’s a treat! I’ll never feed him anything other than blue buffalo!
Hillary G.
We used Blue Buffalo for the first couple months after getting our new puppy. She quickly became bored of the flavor. We tried mixing in some of the wet food, but she still was not interested in it. We do have another family pet who loves it, so I guess it depends how picky your pup is!!
Kim D.
Crossville, TN
I have used Blue Buffalo for my dog since he was four years old. He passed in December 2018. He was 11 years old. Blue Buffalo was extremely satisfying for him. He loved it and it was good for him. I would highly recommend for other pet owners.
Tania C.
El Paso, TX
The Blue Buffalo es una excelente comida para perros. Tiene comida para diferentes edades de perros. Como por ejemplo desde lo mas poppy hasta para los adultos. A mi perrita le encanta y no se come otra comida si no es esta.
Samantha S.
Las Vegas, NV
This food is the worst, it made my poor puppy so sick and lethargic. It's over priced especially since it made him so sick. I ended up getting rid of this food, dont buy totally not worth seeing your poor puppy sick.
Schree R.
Mechanicsvlle, MD
We adopted this baby, Lyla, in August of 2017. Our other dog Sophie, needed a friend. After all the negative feedback about supermarket brands such as Purina, Beneful, etc, we decided to go with Blue Buffalo for her as well as our first rescue. She absolutely loves it! This brand may he expensive compared to the ones listed above but well worth it for the her well being. Well worth the purchase!
Faith H.
Tulsa, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
He loves this. We switched it because he was having a sensitive stomach to the other dog food. As soon as we switched his coat got shinier he was able to hold down food his poops became more solid and less frequent. He had more energy and actually ate less to! I guess because it’s better food it’s keeping him fuller longer? A little pricey when I buy the big bags but it’s worth it I think.
Cydney K.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love all of the blue buffalo product and my dogs do as well , just realized I clicked puppies , but I have the adult version of the life protection formula. So whatever , same thing , my dogs are just old. Haha. Either way ... great product. I’d dock a star for the price because this brands so expensive .. but I’m not going too because I like it.
Lizzie C.
West Union, SC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a foster dog that is a chocolate lab who is very active. The previous foster parents had them on this so this is what we decided to keep him on. I feel that this is a good dog food but I do not believe that it is worth the money and I will be slowly switching him over to Purina puppy chow.
allison n.
Cary, IL
Our goldendoodle loves this, we only want to feed her the best and that’s exactly what this is. She loves dinner time, we used to have to give her chicken in her old food because she didn’t like it, now she can’t get enough of this (without the chicken). It is pricey, but that’s what you get for quality food.
Anna R.
Clifton, NJ
Did anyone's dog get sick eating this? My puppy has stayed away from this dry food since she has had bad reactions to it
Nicole B.
New Iberia, LA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Been wanting to try this is itvwilorth the price??
kelly m.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Does your puppy like this food?

Kohl's