BY BLUE BUFFALO

Formulated for the health and well-being of dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients and features:

Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
NO corn, wheat or soy
NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
BLUE Life Protection Formula for Large Breed Dogs contains glucosamine and chondroitin to help support the special needs of bigger dogs.

INGREDIENTS

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Peas, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids), Dried Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Potatoes, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Potato Starch, Choline Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Caramel, DL-Methionine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, L-Carnitine, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Spinach, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Dried Kelp, Parsley, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2- Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), L-Lysine, Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

Ashley V.
This dog food is garbage.  We used to give this to my black lab for 4 years.  The formula has changed over the years and was getting cheaper and cheaper. Ever since it was announced that they would be selling this at Meijer, Target, etc that was when the formula REALLY cheaped out and my dog stopped eating his food.  I believe I read somewhere that Blue Buffalo is is an off brand of Purina or one of the other cheap brands (not surprised).

The food used to have a ton of life source bits, but the bag had hardly any as of lately.  Also, the food is about $45-$50 a bag and it's full of garbage ingredients.  We switched our dog to Taste of the Wild, which is grain free and the ingredients are a lot more whole.  Also, the food is the same price as Blue Buffalo.
Sarah D.
Summersville , WV
My dog was a rescue and when I asked the vet for a recommendation for food he instantly pointed me to this! Not knowing my rescue's sensitivities or past health history it was a solid starting point. Two years later, he has grown from small puppy to a large 65 pound baby! I did try various foods with him to see if he would maintain but he certainly did not! This food has worked wonders. He is a strong, healthy weight. The food gives him enough energy to run for hours a day without slowing down. It has also given him one of the shiniest coats I have ever seen on a dog before. We get compliments almost every time we go out on how shiny and healthy looking he is. Although the food is a bit pricey, I wouldn't go to anything else!
Nichelle F.
Great dog food you can feel good about. I love knowing that my dog is getting quality food, and not something full of fillers and other junk. Our dog has always had a healthy, shiny coat while eating this too.
Dr. Joanna T.
Houston
We have used the large breed puppy and adult food for our Great Pyr. Our vet recommended a large breed food when Michael was a puppy and we have been super happy. We use Blue Buffalo for all our furry babies.
Samantha D.
Indianapolis, IN
My dog loves blue buffalo! He had a very sensitive stomach and cannot eat most dog foods or treats but he handles this kind without getting sick. It is a bit costlier but I've found it very worth it because it's good for my pup.
Monica Q.
Salinas, CA
All four of my dogs are currently on the blue buffalo chicken and brown rice formula. My yorkie and Pomeranian are on the small breed adult formula and my husky and lab/pit mix are on the large breed formula. They all love their food and chow down their entire bowl at dinner time. The lifebits in the food provide vitamins and nutrients for your fur babies and I've noticed since moving them to this food their coats are just GLEAMING!! They look so healthy! I strongly recommend this line of dog food, just remember to mix in their old dog food as you start to introduce the new dog food - don't want to switch it cold turkey and have it upset your dogs tummy!
Kleekohnanook
Its Important Kleekoh gets a good healthy meal. It’s hard finding the right Dog food/chow for him because of his sensitive stomach.
Blue Buffalo’s Adult Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe does the job!THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Large Breed Adult Dogs
Jill J.
Mount Royal, NJ
This is the only food that we've tried that doesn't make my dog sick.  He has an extremely sensitive stomach, so the natural, whole ingredients in the Blue brand food has calmed his stomach issues.  I typically buy this online at Amazon so I don't have to carry it out to the car :)  The UPS guy probably hates me!!
Leah A.
We've purchase Blue Buffalo brand for our Golden Retriever since he was a puppy. He absolutely loves it and we wouldn't feel him anything else. Blue Buffalo is one of the pricier dog foods but the ingredients are nothing less of great. I will continue to repurchase blue Buffalo products for our dog.
Chelsea B.
Noblesville, IN
My dog love this! Blue Buffalo is the only dog food that her sensitive stomach can handle. She eats well and it never makes her sick. She was very malnourished when we got her, and Blue helped her to get back to a healthy weight.

back