BY BLUE BUFFALO

Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Adult Dogs

Formulated for the health and well-being of dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients and features:

Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit
NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
NO corn, wheat or soy
NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives

INGREDIENTS

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Peas, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Flavor, Potatoes, Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, DL-Methionine, Caramel, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

• What is everyone’s favorite dog food brand? Mine is THE B...4 Answers
  • Has anyone bought their dog food online? Do you find it c...4 Answers
  • How is this dog food? I currently feed diamond naturals.....4 Answers
THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Adult Dogs
  • "and she has food allergies, so he put her on the prescription dog food which was $80 a bag, but she wasn't completely healing and my daughter was using this dog food for her dog." in 6 reviews
Jenna W.
I've been giving my dogs blue buffalo for YEARS. I have a Jack Russell who is almost 14 and has been on it his entire life (I change flavors every once and awhile but the chicken and brown rice is his favorite. My dog has really bad allergies and has yet to be affected by this food (thank god). My jack russell eats all of the food from his bowl and then goes to my schnauzer mix's bowl and helps himself to his food! My Schnauzer mix is a medium sized dog and he's been on this food for a few months now (since we adopted him) and he seems to love it as well! He is a very picky eater (even when it comes to human food). Although it can be pricey (we buy the large bags), I wouldn't buy anything else for my pups!
Emily D.
North East, MD
I have an English bulldog and he has a ton of allergies! Bulldogs typically have a lot of health / skin issues so it is always a trial and error game with food! It took many months of alternating foods to find what worked best for my pup and after multiple trials with multiple grain free foods, this is the only one that did not cause his face to severely break out. It is definitely on the pricier side but I do get coupons for this brand often and it’s worth the price to have a healthy dog with minimal skin irritation
Hanani S.
Lake City, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT feed this to your dog if they have a sensitive stomach!! I put my pit bull on this food for a single week and it had him pooping major amounts of blood out. As soon as I switched him off of it again the blood disappeared and he was healthy and happy again.
Emily M.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Our dog loves his food. He has been on this for a few years and he has never tired of it. He helps his coat and all around energy. It’s not a bad price either! A 30lb bag lasts out dog about 3 weeks ( he weighs 130 lbs) so it goes a long way even for big dogs. I have recommended this food to many of my friends who have also started using it.
Katie R.
Bowie, MD
Soooooooooo my boyfriend for the longest time argue with me to switch to blue buffalo. I kept saying no but I finally made the switch. My dogs skin and coat change in about a week. I have a cane corso and he already has a beautiful coat but know it is even better. The only thing I would change is the little pebbles that is in the mix for adult dogs I found them everywhere around the house or maybe it is because my dog is a messy eater.
Mary C.
Pueblo West, CO
Only the best for my Furr babies. My dogs are very lucky eaters. I like the mixture of small and even smaller size kibble. Also comes in a variety of sizes for whatever budget. I usually purchase this at Safeway and it's hit or miss on sale. Stil a good value though for your babies.
Michelle P.
Brooksville, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My pit-boxer has a sensitive stomach and he can only tolerate blue buffalo. Both dogs love the food and we are happy knowing the main ingredients are wholesome. We use chewy delivery to get the food shipped right to our home and it’s a little cheaper than the store prices.
Dawn N.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is another flavor I feed my dog. He loves all the flavors. The price is great considering it’s 100% natural. I have a small Yorker/bison, so he has to be fed a certain diet. I would def recommend this to anyone that LOVES their dog! Best brand on the market!
Maddy S.
beach park
It’s a little bit hard to review this. My dogs seem to really like it and it doesn’t smell very bad. Which is why I gave it five stars. The only thing I recommend is that when you switch over to this food slowly incorporate it with your dogs current dry food so that it can get their stomachs used to it.
Caitlin C.
Southgate, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This food has the best ingredients out of all i have tried for my 3 dogs! It keeps them full and healthy! I would recommend this to all dog owners. Only con is that it’s a little expensive but you get want you pay for! Quality always costs a little more.
jenny n.
Harrisonburg, VA
I would like to switch my dog to eat this brand of food, but it is extremely extensive. What is the best way to find a good deal on this brand of dog food?
Desiree N.
Does this work good for dogs who have a lot of allergies?
Alyssa A.
Bakersfield, CA
My dogs are so weird, they spit out the life source bits - anyone else have this issue?
Megan S.
North Liberty, IN
I have an 8 year old, very active blue heeler. Is this brand worth the price? I am very skeptical of a brand that costs so much but I know so little about.
Elizabeth L.
Raeford, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
About how much does this cost? I have two dachshunds would it be good for them?

Kohl's