BY BLUE BUFFALO

BLUE Homestyle Recipe® Fish & Sweet Potato Dinner with Garden Vegetables For Adult Dogs

Natural, healthy BLUE Homestyle Recipes
No matter which delicious BLUE Homestyle Recipe you give your dog, you can be sure you’re providing him with rich, wholesome nutrition – each formula contains only healthy, natural ingredients.

Natural, High-Quality Whitefish
Real deboned whitefish provides essential amino acids he needs every day.

Wholesome Whole Grains
Hearty whole grains like brown rice and barley supply the complex carbohydrates that your dog needs for energy.

Healthy Garden Veggies and Nutritious Fruit
Whole carrots and sweet potatoes, blueberries and cranberries...these are just some of the nutrient-rich fruits and veggies you’ll find in our Homestyle Recipes.

Available in 12.5-oz. cans.

INGREDIENTS

Whitefish, Fish Broth, Brown Rice, Barley, Carrots, Peas, Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Cassia Gum, Potassium Chloride, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Blueberries, Cranberries, Salt, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Niacin Supplement (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9).

• I've been wondering if this is the best type of dog food ...7 Answers
  • Do you think Blue is a good brand of dog food? Yes or No. 🐾5 Answers
  • Do you feed your dog this dog food?2 Answers
THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Homestyle Recipe® Fish & Sweet Potato Dinner with Garden Vegetables For Adult Dogs
Buy on Amazon
Kelsey P.
I love blue buffalo brand dog food. The options include grain free which is amazing for dogs with grain sensitivities, and recipes sans chicken, etc. in case your lil pup has a chicken allergy like mine. He absolutely loved the salmon and sweet potatoes, and he’s normally not the biggest dry dog food fan. The ingredients in blue buffalo never make me question whether or not it’s fit for my baby, rather they make me feel good about feeding it to him. A word of advice though, if you’re making the switch to this particular flavor for your dog, slowly introduce it in combination with their previous food, because the oils in the fish gave my dog the bubbly guys for the first few days after an abrupt diet switch. Besides that, I only have praises for this dry food! Thank you to blue buffalo for healthful and delicious formula for my best friend!
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We adopted our Cane Corso Italian Mastiff about 8 months ago and were very concerned with what food to feed him as this was our first dog (my boyfriend and I's) of our own. Given that he's a large-breed dog, we knew the importance of food quality/nutrient from our vet advice and own research. We read lots of reviews and veterinarian statements as well. Once we had it narrowed down, we compared ingredients from Blue Buffalo dog food to some of the other popular brands and were shocked at the amount of filler / artificial flavoring/coloring in them. It made us realize that health issues or problems we'd seen in our parents dogs - i.e. overweight, coughing/wheezing, loss of shine in coat, fatty tumors - could all be the product of these foods. We've fed our boy nothing but Blue Buffalo since we got him and he is the healthiest one-year-old we know. He's 106 lbs, built like a body builder and has the shiniest coat I've ever seen. I never knew before, but now I'm a 100% believer - the food you give your dog makes a HUGE difference!
Cate M.
Saint Paul, MN
We were pressured into purchasing a high protein, grain free kibble and were recommended to try Blue Buffalo. Our poor dog did not take well at all to this food. We transitioned over 3 weeks, twice. Each time we got to purely B.B. meals he suffered from diarrhea, dehydration, and lethargy. Our energetic dog turned to a miserable, sick boy. We switched back to our lower protein kibble and he did a complete 180 within 24 hours. He ended up losing 8lbs from the whole ordeal.
Megan A.
Lafayette
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a working dog that requires a fish protein source as opposed to chicken/etc. I know diets are going to be different for each animal. However this food made my pet have routine diarrhea and she wasn’t particularly fond of the smell/palatability so it was hard to get her to eat it. There also doesn’t seem to be much research from the company into efficacy of their formulas.
Jane S.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is the only thing we feed our old coonhound. It doesn't upset her stomach at all, and she loves eating it. We've been able to carefully control her weight using this food but she doesn't seem to realize that she's on a diet which is beyond helpful.
Malia O.
Hammond, LA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog devours this food like nothing I've ever seen!  I was skeptical when I saw the words sweet potato, thinking my dog wouldn't go for it.  But, wow.  And this food is so good for dogs due to the minimal list of premium ingredients!
Summer W.
Stanardsville, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I usually buy parina one but this obviously beats them. Just take a look at the ingrediant list! There are so many healthy, natural, and great things in this dog food! Plus my dog gobbles it up in no time! He loves it so much and so do I! Be a great pet owner and get this dog food!
Hannah H.
Carbondale, IL
It is so hard to find dog foods with good ingredients. Almost every brand in the grocery store couldn’t care less about what they feed to animals. I have even found plastic in other brands. But this is my ride or die for my fur babies.
This brand dog food is the best! I really think they knew what they was doing its a great taste for my dog and better for him as well WIN WIN? I got my bag at Wal-Mart I love this food so much it's amazing I will buy again and again you well to its a must have THE BLUE BUFFALO CO. BLUE™ Life Protection Formula® Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe For Puppies
Andrea B.
Lexington, KY
Our dog trainer recommend Blue Buffalo for our dog who has digestion issues. We used this product with our 97lb Lab/Rottie. She loves food but grew tired of this quickly. We also learned that Blue Buffalo was lying about their products  and used way more grains and less protein than they claimed. Since this brand is so pricey, I would suggest finding a different product from someone who is honest about their ingredients!
A R.
Is this brand any good? I've been wanting to change my dogs food, but not so sure. I'm very picky when it comes to buying food for her.
Abby V.
Worthington , IN
Is this a good food for a dog who has food allergies?
Emily C.
Norway , ME
I've been wondering if this is the best type of dog food for a new dog I'm getting... Not a puppy but not completely adult yet... Suggestions?!
Adrianna V.
Bakersfield, CA
Is this food good for any type of dog?
Jessica R.