The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks uploaded by Juliana G.The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks uploaded by Miranda F.

BY GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING #60 in Books

• Is this worth reading??? Isn't there...I have read many of Nicholas S... 2 Answers
  • Is this the best Nicholas Sparks book...It's a great book but I have t... 1 Answers
  • How did you like this book? It's a great book and very wel... 1 Answers
Saint Louis, MO
Such a cute love story. Another great love book by Nicolas sparks! Loved it
Amelia S.
Amelia S.
I like to read a Sparks novel occasionally as a break from more serious literature. They seem like well written romances with good plots and characters. However, the endings have become predictable and never 100% happy. From the beginning of this book, I kept thinking about how it would end and if someone would get killed.

Dawson and Amanda had been high school sweethearts even though they came from "opposite sides of the tracks" in Oriental, NC. They split up due to pressures by her parents. She ended up married to a dentist and they had children. Dawson went to prison for four years for accidentally killing the town's doctor when driving a vehicle. Later he worked on offshore rigs in the Gulf.

Dawson and Amanda met up again over 20 years later when Tuck a mutual friend and father figure in Oriental died. His will requested that they scatter his ashes at a cottage that had been owned by him and his deceased wife. Two of Dawson's cousins hated him and made multiple attempts on his life.

At some point the ending became very predictable and typical of Sparks. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading it. At least up to the predictable ending.
TinaMarie C.
TinaMarie C.
Toms River, NJ
Again, a story by Nicholas Sparks to change the ages. A plot that makes actual sense and plays out amazingly. But, again, Nicholas Sparks, falls short in the emotional connection department. I'm sorry but I've read several of his books, most before the movie and it always misses my heart. It's like a matter of fact writing not a messy love induced writing. I've read scenes in books that have caused my breath to hitch or I finish a paragraph and realize I'm smiling. I don't get these with Sparks.
Alex P.
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
The storyline kept the reader wondering what was going to happen next-would she reciprocate his feelings, would she go with him, would his Cousin's ever leave him alone. Lots of twists and turns. Couldn't put it down! Kept me motivated from start to finish. An unexpected ending, pretty sad actually. I hated to get to the end of the book.
Trisha F.
Trisha F.
Esparto, CA
I loved the actors , but I'm the type of person where I really want the movie to end in a happily ever after . I get spoiled with so many movies and books ending that way . So when it doesn't it actually doesn't make me feel good and leaves a sadness in the air . So it's definitely not my favorite and I don't plan on ever seeing them again
Ana C.
Ana C.
Amazing book by Nicholas Sparks!!! And I love the fact that i cannot predict his stories! It makes it exciting for the reader because we do not know what to expect!
Shaunice L.
Shaunice L.
This book made me cry it was so sad how they found love and it was taken just as quickly. I enjoy all of Nicholas's books as much as I dislike them. Someone always dies so I guess that's what makes them so realistic.
Zohra K.
Zohra K.
New Brighton, MN
This book, the movie, is everything. It's so very touching I love everything about the storyline. It makes me happy, it makes me feel it makes me and my feelings you know. I'm a very emotional person and this book and also the movie had got to me.
Demiree B.
Demiree B.
Sequim, WA
If you want to cry read this book! One of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. I love how different he can make the typical love story be in each one of his books. I love his writing style and yes this is a must read. I highly recommend!
Sarah A.
Sarah A.
Bookworm Expert
Another great book to read, anything by this author is a must to read! Absolutely good story plot, keeps you on your feet you just can't put it down! The movie is just as good as the book, and I'd definitely recommend to others!
Rachel S.
Rachel S.
How did everyone feel about this book??? ( and the movie I guess)
Zorimel V.
Zorimel V.
New Bedford , MA
How is this book? I've read many Nichols spark books, and they all have similar story lines. A this like his other books?
Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.
Vermilion , Oh
Which book of his is your favorite ?
Pamela N.
Pamela N.
Hamilton , Ontario
I liked the movie. Is the book much different then the Movie ?
yakalis d.
yakalis d.
Orange City, FL
It has pros and cons but i think is a good book