The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks uploaded by Juliana G.The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks uploaded by Miranda F.

BY GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING #71 in Books

• Is this worth reading??? Isn't there a movie too?2 Answers
  • Is this the best Nicholas Sparks book to start reading for a first ...1 Answers
  • How did you like this book? 1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Bobbi K.
Bobbi K.
Bookworm Expert
I like any book by Nicholas Sparks. All his live stories are really good. My kind of book.
Katie J.
Katie J.
Upland , IN
This is a great movie and book with a great story line. Grab your tissues and enjoy!
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Mason, OH
This is such a cute story to read. Such a great love story. The movie was just okay.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Southaven , MS
This wasn't my favorite by Nicholas Sparks, but it is still a great movie and book.
Monique B.
Monique B.
This was one of my other favorite Nicholas Sparks books. He is such a great author
Larissa H.
Larissa H.
Volcano, CA
I hated this book left me weeping for days. How is that ok. No I was so mad.
Jamielynn W.
Jamielynn W.
Saint Louis, MO
Such a cute love story. Another great love book by Nicolas sparks! Loved it
Amelia S.
Amelia S.
I like to read a Sparks novel occasionally as a break from more serious literature. They seem like well written romances with good plots and characters. However, the endings have become predictable and never 100% happy. From the beginning of this book, I kept thinking about how it would end and if someone would get killed.

Dawson and Amanda had been high school sweethearts even though they came from "opposite sides of the tracks" in Oriental, NC. They split up due to pressures by her parents. She ended up married to a dentist and they had children. Dawson went to prison for four years for accidentally killing the town's doctor when driving a vehicle. Later he worked on offshore rigs in the Gulf.

Dawson and Amanda met up again over 20 years later when Tuck a mutual friend and father figure in Oriental died. His will requested that they scatter his ashes at a cottage that had been owned by him and his deceased wife. Two of Dawson's cousins hated him and made multiple attempts on his life.

At some point the ending became very predictable and typical of Sparks. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading it. At least up to the predictable ending.
TinaMarie C.
TinaMarie C.
Toms River, NJ
Again, a story by Nicholas Sparks to change the ages. A plot that makes actual sense and plays out amazingly. But, again, Nicholas Sparks, falls short in the emotional connection department. I'm sorry but I've read several of his books, most before the movie and it always misses my heart. It's like a matter of fact writing not a messy love induced writing. I've read scenes in books that have caused my breath to hitch or I finish a paragraph and realize I'm smiling. I don't get these with Sparks.
Alex P.
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
Bookworm Expert
The storyline kept the reader wondering what was going to happen next-would she reciprocate his feelings, would she go with him, would his Cousin's ever leave him alone. Lots of twists and turns. Couldn't put it down! Kept me motivated from start to finish. An unexpected ending, pretty sad actually. I hated to get to the end of the book.
Rachel S.
Rachel S.
How did everyone feel about this book??? ( and the movie I guess)
Zorimel V.
Zorimel V.
New Bedford, MA
How is this book? I've read many Nichols spark books, and they all have similar story lines. A this like his other books?
Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.
Vermilion , Oh
Which book of his is your favorite ?
Pamela N.
Pamela N.
Hamilton , Ontario
I liked the movie. Is the book much different then the Movie ?
yakalis d.
yakalis d.
Orange City, FL
It has pros and cons but i think is a good book