BY THE ART OF SHAVING

Unscented for Sensitive Skin Pre-Shave Oil is formulated with a blend of botanical ingredients and essential oils to soften the beard and protect the skin for a close and comfortable shave. see more...

• How does this smell? Is it pretty neutral or does it have any pun...3 Answers
  • Is this pre-shave oil good? 8 Answers
  • How is this product? Does it work well? 1 Answers
Jennifer P.
Pittsburgh , PA
The Art of Shaving makes some amazing products! This pre-shave oil is great because it really preps your skin for the shave and makes it so that it's a little less harsh on your skin. It smells amazing too. I definitely recommend this to others!
Karen R.
Burleson, TX
If you have a touch beard and are not using some type of pre-shave oil, you are missing out. Pre-shave oil is a must. The oil lubricates the razor and hair, allowing the razor to almost glide across the skin. I imagine the oil is also absorbed into the hair, making it easier to cut as well.
I have a tough beard and cannot imagine going back to not using it. Depending on how long your beard has grown out, it may gunk up your razor, forcing you to tap it on the sink to clear it out, but other than that this product is great.
Sal Z.
Bronx, NY
I don't actually love the art of shaving as much as I used to. I was an avid AoS customer until recently. I find the formulas to be a little on the harsh side for sensitive skin, especially since I've started using Jack Black & Kiehls. For the price & results I would invest elsewhere, especially since Nordstrom stocks both Jack Black & Kiehls.
Caitlin M.
This oil is good for very dry skin when you're attempting to shave it as the blade is moisturized in the hair follicles are softened. However I can leave your skin feeling a little bit oily afterwards. It comes in unscented, and other smells too.
Jennine C.
As a barber we use this in our shop on our clients. Unscented is the safest way to go when your dealing with the masses. This product helps the blade glide right over the skin while softening and adding moisture.
Tom T.
Probably the first shave oil and only shave oil I'll use. Using it on the face wasn't too complex and the product had a light scent that didn't linger. Made shaving a lot easier using with or without shaving creaming.
Kaferin R.
My husband received a sample and really like a lot so we bought it because it leaves skin very smooth after shaving , he love the art of shaving all their products are really good repeat customer
Cori M.
Shelby , NC
I love the art of shaving travel pre shave oil! My husband uses it maybe once a month and says it's better than the leading brands, he thinks it's easy to use and would recommend this product to others.
Krystal Z.
My husband has used this before and really seems to enjoy it....gives him s nice close, shave. I will repurchase it again for him in the future. Highly recommend!
Maizoua M.
Anchorage, Ak
My boyfriend uses this, every time he is done shaving, his skin feels pretty smooth and it leaves a small little scent. Great And easy to carry around on a trip.
Sarah W.
Mount Orab, OH
What exactly does this do? My fiancé is obsessed with his facial hair, so maybe this would be something he'd like?
Miguel L.
Is this pre-shave oil good?
Kyla C.
S Yarmouth, MA
What do you like most about this product?
Meghan L.
Can I use this on my labia?
Leon H.
Great Neck, NY
Can you use this as an after shave too?