The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of The Perfect Shave Starter Kit uploaded by Janina H.The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of The Perfect Shave Starter Kit uploaded by Jenna M.The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of The Perfect Shave Starter Kit uploaded by Colin J.

BY THE ART OF SHAVING

For Normal to Dry Skin 100% Pure Sandalwood Essential Oil The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave® guarantee optimal shaving results while relieving and preventing ingrown hairs, razor burn, nicks & cuts, and sensitive skin. The Art of Shaving products are formulated using high quality botanical ingredients and 100% pure essential oils. Free of Alcohol, Synthetic Fragrances and Dyes. Includes: Pre-Shave Oil. Shaving Cream. see more...

The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of The Perfect Shave Starter Kit
  • "My husband loves this kit, he's required to shave daily for work." in 7 reviews
  • "this definitely would be a great gift for my boyfriend since i know hes always talking about shaving his little beard off lol" in 7 reviews
  • "The pre-shave oil softens the stubble and makes it easier to shave and the after shave balm conditions your skin and makes sure you have no ingrown hairs." in 6 reviews
  • "It also makes his face smooth and he hasn't had any skin problems like he usually does." in 5 reviews
  • "My husband used to get awful razor burn so he switched to this products and he will never use any other shaving product." in 5 reviews
Monika B.
Cape May Ch, NJ
Review for: Sandalwood more...
My boyfriend has this kit and he really likes it. He loves the smell of everything and how the actual products work. It's very effective. It is on the pricey side, however you are paying for great quality and this will give you just that. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Taylir L.
My husband has this kit and he absolutely loves it. He really likes the smells of everything and he says the brush is super useful and works really well. The only thing that we both didn’t like about it was the price. It is extremely pricey but everything is supposed to be healthy for you hair, skin and beard. I am on the fence weather it is worth it or not. I think if you have the money do it but if not there are other options that are just as good.
Claudia S.
S Ozone Park, NY
I purchased this for my hubby last Christmas. He really liked this. He was hesitant to use it because “it was fancy and didn’t look like it would work well.” Everything worked beautifully for him and he began investing in some of the products.
Jacob G.
Master Groomer Expert Level 1
Review for: Sandalwood more...
The best thing about these shavers is the close shave and long lasting blades. In my use, they easily lasted 2-3 times longer than comparable shavers from other companies.
BettyJo M.
Cedar Hills, UT
The shaving oil is amazing not only for men but for women! No razor burn or bumps. Just a great kit that should be unisex because it works well for either sex. Great price and I am a repeat buyer especially if the shaving oil!
Raven G.
Aliso viejo, CA
Master Groomer Expert Level 1
Boyfriend loves this! He says best shave ever! Quality and great brand. Better than most competitors. He uses it 2-3 times a week. I️ hate facial hair so he’s super considerate! I️ recommend highly.
Jennifer P.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is the perfect little set to give as a gift or to get if you want to try out their products before buying the full size ones. I bought this for my boyfriend and he absolutely loves it! It makes his face nice and smooth and it smells wonderful. I am definitely impressed and will definitely buy this again.
James G.
Beaverton, OR
Let me start this off by saying that I have been traditional wet shaving with a safety razor for about 6 months now. It is very hard to find products for this kind of shaving as most shops don't carry the tools anymore. That is one of the reasons I was so excited to try this starter kit, they have multiple brick and mortar stores in my city so it would be a huge hassle-saver not having to order everything online.

First things first: The Brush.
Decent. Its pretty quality hair, well designed handle. Its one of their smaller brushes, but it does the job. The issue is the price. With the kit, its good as you get all the other products. If you were to try to buy this brush on its own in the store, you're looking at paying 400% more than you would for a comparable brush from one of the bigger online retailers like WestCoastShaving.com.

The Pre-Shave Oil

This is actually a good product. Its about a mid range in price for one of the bigger bottles in store. Some good ingredients as well as some of the big preservatives which aren't great for your face, but it does the job. Its not necessary for a good shave, but if your facial hair is especially coarse or skin sensitive, its a good idea.

The Shaving Cream

Worthless. When you look at a good artisan shaving cream, you really want to see quality natural ingredients: kokum butter, shea, natural oils... What you do not want is the same list of ingredients you would see in a drugstore canister. Its slightly better than one of the more expensive drug store lines (Aveeno, Dove, etc.)

The After Shave

Again, a decent product, but hard to justify the price.

In final: I think most people who are going to get back in to wet shaving will more than likely start out with this kit, but if its something that you want to stick with and get a more enjoyable experience, try reading blogs to get their suggestions. There is a huge range of quality products out there for much less and one of the great things about wet shaving is trying new soaps/creams, and types of tools.
Caitlin K.
Battle Creek, MI
Master Groomer Expert Level 3
This is the perfect gift for any man in your life. It comes with all of the essentials to ensure that your skin is perfectly smooth and hydrated when you shave. It's perfect for those with sensitive skin because the products are unscented, so fewer chances of irritations.
The first time I walked into art of shaving I was introduced to this kit as a way of trying out the product at a low cost. I purchased the sandalwood pack and love the smell but most importantly the way the products work. I have very sensitive skin and it gets irritated with almost every other shaving cream I have ever tried. But to this day I have yet to have any issues with these products. Definitely recommend this product.
Trinitee G.
Haledon, NJ
Does this actually work
Teresa G.
Little Elm, TX
I would love to get my hubby something like this for valentines! Is it really worth the price? What are some experiences you have had with this?
Angel U.
Robinson, TX
Been wanting to purchase this for my boyfriend but I have seen that the brush smells funny, is this true or just a bad review from someone? I though it was a reasonable price for what you get but not sure if I should get it or not?
Leah C.
In the gift set, are the products small, for instance deluxe sample size? Wondering if a gift set is the way to go or to buy full size products and make my own?
Kelli C.
Does this kit work with disposable razors? Or is something a little more sturdy and well made needed for this? And if so, what type of razor specifically is the best for use with this kit?