BY NONE

Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
Great Book!I had the pleasure of seeing Sherman Alexie speak at an event at the University of Massachusetts somewhere around 2009 or 2010. He is a dynamic speaker and it was so awesome to hear him speak about his life on and off the reservation. I don't know why it took me so long to read one of his books! This one is a YA but I thoroughly enjoyed it as an adult reader. Sherman has a great ability to bring you into his world and his story is an incredible one. He shows us that if you really want something bad enough, you will do what you have to to make it happen! Don't miss out on this story!
Chrissy D.
This is a wonderful book based on the life of the author. Its a National Book Award Winner! Very raw, coming of age, modern. It'll rip your heart out & put it back in - better than it was before. This book was chosen by my son's alternative education teacher; she really picks thee best books! Very engaging. I loved it!! Very teen friendly- not boring at all. There are some serious surprises in here! You will not regret reading this gem!
Sophina A.
This was a fantastic novel! It is aimed toward a younger audience and I had to read it for my education course and I fully enjoyed it. You can feel what the protagonist feels which helps you become invested in the story. This book made me smile and want to cry. Alexie did a fantastic job writing and the little pictures and drawings in the book also made it more enjoyable
Mandi V.
Frackville, PA
Sherman Alexie is a fabulously gifted writer. This collection is both humorous and serious in nature and provides an insightful gaze into the life of Native Americans on reservation. I highly recommend it to realistic fiction enthusiasts like myself.
Jessica R.
Brooklyn, NY
This book is so captivating, it attracts you right away. Although there's a lot of repetition it's so interesting. I like this book a lot, and I got it at the public library. I highly recommend it honestly.
Cheyenne D.
Utica, NY
I can't say enough good things about this book. It is funny, mature, insightful, relatable, and heart warming. I learned so much in an accessible way.
Devan T.
Another favorite in my classroom. Great book to focus on themes of racism, students with disabilities, acceptance, bravery, etc.
Karen L.
Good book. Shows you the life of a young boy who is going through alot and its trying to better himself and his future
Karen L.
Did you like it???????????