BY GARY CHAPMAN

- Over 11 million copies sold

#1 New York Times Bestseller for 8 years running

- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary

Simple ideas, lasting love

Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?

In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.

The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.

Includes the Couple's Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.

Jade B.
Durham, NC
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I think this book is a great conversation started about communication in your relationship in general, and gets you thinking about how you express love (and want love to be expressed to you). So, the general concept is great. I took issue with a lot of the dated language and gender roles and examples that are used in the book, so much that it took away from the overall message for me. Would like to see a more progressive exploration of this concept.
Kamille C.
Austin, TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
It is an okay enough book. Kind of common sense if you ask me? Because people should definitely know who likes what and how they could contribute to that lol. Self help books though for ya.
Rebecca m.
I recommend this book to anyone and everyone. Whether you're single or taken, if you're married single engaged, estranged.... I recommend it.

This book does so much more than just teach you things about your partner.

My Husband and I have an amazing marriage BECAUSE OF THIS BOOK. It's not too preachy of a book, the metaphor of the "Love Tank" made it really click.
The application of the Love Tank and the love languages can be applied to any kind of relationship.
Natasha S.
Chambersburg
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Loved this book so much. It has had an impact on the way I look at my husband and how to love him more and better. It has been very effective to our marriage. I think i bought this at Hobby Lobby or eBay and was affordable. I recommend this to others.
Ro T.
Love this book. Sometimes in relationships it's about understanding how to communicate with your loved one and knowing their love language. There are 5 love languages and everyone typically will have one or two dominant love languages.
MK R.
1,461 reviews
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I got the military edition because I’m a military spouse and I loved it. I learned what mine and his love languages are and it helped me realize some better ways to communicate better and understand each other better. It’s worth reading
Brittney B.
Clarksville, TN
I bought this a while ago because I was going through a hard time and I felt that it not only helped me realize where I was going wrong but it helped me learn to fix it and find myself. It benefited me and I still refer back to it.
Angelica R.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves someone. They niw have different version (ie kids) but we all express and preconceive love differently this helps us communicate our love in away they can receive it.
Gal D.
This books changed my life. Whether read with your partner or not it teaches you how you and others perceive love. It’s a wonderful book that changes the way you interact with those around you.
Carey C.
Manakin Sabot, VA
This is a great book to help understand your partner and his or her needs. It also helps you discover what you like and dislike in regards to how others treat you and how you love. I highly recommend this book!