Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent

by Thayers

The Shrub of Life. Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, heal and preserve your skin. Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients, these natural elixirs containing important tannins have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations. Once you use them, you’ll know why.

Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners have been soothing, softening, healing and stimulating skin since 1847. Try our hands-on approach.

Hamamelis Virginiana? We Call It The Shrub Of Life.

Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients – THAYERS® Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin. THAYERS® are the only Witch Hazel products made of non-distilled extract from the Witch Hazel shrub maintaining the highest levels of therapeutic tannins.

Ingredients: Purified Water, SD Alcohol 40-B (Natural Grain) 10%, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet of Aloe Vera), Hamamelis Virgiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Witch Hazel), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Citric Acid

what do people with normal to oily skin think of this? and acne prone. I don’t want to try out my skin tho!
What's the best toner you guys have used? I like Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent
1-10 how much would you recommend?
Start your review of Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent!
How would you rate this product?
Birmingham, AL
I use this product daily right after I wash my face. It does not irritate my sensitive skin and it has not caused an increase in my acne. It is the exact kind of astringent that I was looking for when I went to buy a new one and I do not think I will use another brand again - I plan to be a loyal Thayers customer from here on! I definitely recommend it.
Oily, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Whiteheads
Hot Springs, AR
I try and use this under my makeup as much as possible along with after I take my makeup off. It makes my skin feel so much better than without it. Sometime during the winter it makes my skin dry so moisturizers are a must during winter time along with this product.
New Jersey
I think this product is the product that breaks me out on my nose. It’s in between of harsh and gentle. I bought the small version of it and I will not be buying again. Everyone has different skin so I would at least give it a try and see it it works.
Combination / Acne, Dark Spots
Rogersville
Works exactly as it claims to. I just am not a super huge fan of the smell of witch hazel. I have seen other scents recently though, perhaps I will give them a try. It does do its job, refining my skin, not harsh or drying at all.
Dry, Combination, Normal / Acne, Dullness, Large Pores
San Angelo, TX
I’ve tried this a few times on some trouble areas on my face and it seemed to improve my skin somewhat. I didn’t like the way it smelled though, so I definitely recommend trying one of the scented ones.
Combination / Blackheads, Fine Lines, Scarring
Been using this for about 6 months now and love it. It combines the right amount of cleansing action and moisturization at the same time. I use it as the first step in my facial moisturizing routine!
Combination / Blackheads, Large Pores, Redness
I love this for when my skin is just going through it and I feel like I need alittle better cleaning. Im convinced this clears my pimples faster and really cleans the dirt in my skin. I even got my boyfriend hooked and his skin has never looked better breakout wise.
Dry / Dryness
Montclair, NJ
Purchased at: Whole Foods
This product is he t for multiple reasons. It functions as a cleanser as a toner or even moisturizer.... one product for so many things and it’s a great price. Lasts a long time too.
Combination
Pittsburgh, PA
This toner works very well especially if you have oily and acne prone skin like I do. It can be a bit drying and the smell is a little strong but over all it's a pretty good product for it's price. I'm overall glad with it but I'm not sure if I would buy it again.
Oily, Sensitive / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Bostic
Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent is great toner/ cleaner for the skin. The only draw back i have is that it is a little drying to the skin and it doesn't smell so pleasant. if they could improve on those two issues it would  be perfect to use everyday.
Combination / Fine Lines, Dark Spots
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Medina, OH
7 months ago
Jessica C. • 5 months ago
I am dry everywhere but the t zone and this does not make my dryness worse! This is easily the best toner I’ve ever used. Highly recommend
Sioux Falls , SD
7 months ago
Does this Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent sting and make your skin peel? I have never used an astringent.
Ashley A. • 7 months ago
I have sensitive skin & it has never left my skin red, dried out, or peeling.