BY THAYERS #1 in Toners & Astringents

Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner will make your skin bloom. Rose Thayers remarkably soothing Toner is made with rose-petal water and our proprietary Witch Hazel extract.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract

Hamamelis Virginiana? We Call It The Shrub Of Life.
Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients – THAYERS® Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin. THAYERS® are the only Witch Hazel products made of non-distilled extract from the Witch Hazel shrub maintaining the highest levels of therapeutic tannins.

These natural elixirs have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations. Once you use them, you’ll know why.

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
  • "It really gets any leftover makeup off your face that washing misses, it doesn't suck all the moisture out of your skin, and the light rose scent is awesome." in 6 reviews
Slay B.
If you've ever had any sort of acne problem in your life, YOU NEED THIS! Over the past two years or so, I had been super struggling with acne. Nothing I tried was working. I finally decided to splurge and get a whole bunch of acne solutions products from Clinique (more to be said on these in a future post). Those helped my face a lot, but I was still not satisfied. I'd still be breaking out all the time and you could tell just by looking at my face that if you peeled the top layer off, it wouldn't be a pretty sight underneath. I had bumps everywhere and not even makeup can cover that up.
I started going to a dermatologist and remember her telling me that the only thing I should ever be putting on my face for skin care was witch hazel. I was like okay yeah lady, whatever you say. But I never actually got around to getting myself a bottle. Then one day, I walked into Target to buy ONE THING, and as always, found myself in the beauty aisles. I came across this bottle of Thayers Witch Hazel and was immediately intrigued. Could dermatologist lady be onto something?
So I picked one up. They had two scents available, lavender and rose, and being a lover of rose water,  I went with the rose.
Now I have super sensitive yet pretty oily skin. My face is pretty unpredictable when it comes to trying out new skin care products. I washed my face for the night and put some on with a cotton round and my face immediately felt so hydrated. I was literally amazed. This toner is alcohol free, so it doesn't dry out your face but still gets the job done. And it smells GLORIOUS! I do have to say that the scent is super strong, so if you're not into your skin care having a scent, you're not going to like this. You can literally smell this on your face for a good while after putting it on.
You can use it several times throughout the day and I definitely do. I wash my face in the morning and put this on. There are days when I know I'm not going to leave the house and just don't put on any makeup. Anytime I feel like my face is getting oily, I just put some on a cotton round and rub it all over my face. It's such a refreshing feeling.
I'm not going to claim that this cleared up my face, because honestly I had gotten a pretty good handle on my acne situation before I started using it (DON'T SKIMP ON YOUR NIGHTLY ROUTINES GUYS! NO JOKE! MAKE SURE YOU GET ALLLLLL OF YOUR MAKEUP OFF!!!!) I am going to say that it's just an all around great product that leaves your face feeling so clean and fresh and hydrated, it's worth every penny.
You can pick it up at Target for around $10. They do have different scents available. I personally prefer the rose. Not 100% sure if the different scents do different things, but you guys should definitely check out this product! You won't regret it!
Allison Z.
I had heard that witch hazel is good for acne-prone skin, however I am part of the rarer population that has normal-dry skin as well. So, I didn't think witch hazel was an option because as far as I knew, they all had alcohol in them, which would dry my skin out. One day, I was looking around Target and saw these, which say "Alcohol-Free" on the bottle, so I picked up the rose scented one because it's my favorite scent. Let me tell you, I will never turn back. I'm the type of person who finds that hydrating my skin prevents and soothes my acne, and this does exactly that. Over the course of a few days of using this, I found my skin texture and overall appearance to improve and I was not breaking out as much. I do not wash my face in the morning because for my skin, less is more, so I use this instead and it feels so refreshing and hydrating. Then I follow up with a sunscreen moisturizer and makeup. At night, I wash my skin and use this product after and besides being hydrating and soothing, it removes any remnants of makeup I didn't get off when I was cleansing. Even though I don't have oily skin, I heard that it is good for all skin types. I highly recommend anyone to try this product out!
Kelsey G.
Recently started using this after a recommendation from a skincare group I had joined. I have oily/acne prone skin with hyperpigmentation in places from scarring; overall redness and irritation. I had previously used Dickinson's witch hazel, which was VERY drying. This Thayers witch hazel toner is amazing. Just using it a few times, it gave my skin a healthy glow.  Some of the hyperpigmentation has seemed to start to fade as well. The Rose sent is also very pleasant, especially after using the Dickinson's, which smells like bologna. The product is alcohol free, which is awesome and it is not drying in turn. I am very pleased!! I bought this at target for about $10.95. It is a large bottle so it will last awhile. I used it twice a day, with my morning and night routine right after I cleanse. I apply it with a cotton swab, but you can use a spray bottle as well. Great product, I will never go back to what I was using before!
Janay G.
Bronx , NY
I been hearing so many things about this toner so I decided to pick some up I work at target and they were selling like crazy but anyways I finally got my hands on a bottle and I noticed the smell right away it smells very fresh and gentle that was a plus for me I have very oily skin and I tend to break out a lot because of it I have dark spots when the pimples disappear so they toner gave my skin such a healthy looking glow it did not leave my skin feeling sticky or dry at all. I used this twice a day with My African soap 100 Percent Natural And Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner my skin looks the healthiest it’s ever been I really Love This toner and I will be getting more trust me lol
Anna C.
salinas, CA
I bought the rose petal version to try after hearing so many good reviews. I like that it's alcohol-free so it's not drying at all. I don't really like the smell of roses, it was just something I had to get used to. It leaves my skin feeling soft and it's very soothing, especially after using my nose strips or mint julep masks which I think is a bit harsh on the skin. I never thought of the product to help with breakouts. I don't have an acne problem, I just break out a little bit around the time I get my period and I did notice that it has reduced the amount of breakouts I get when I do get them. I'm very impressed with the product and it has done great things to my skin. I will keep using these and stock up when I can because my target tends to sell out of these.
Tasnim C.
As someone who has struggled with acne for almost ten years, this product is a holy grail. I never really had oily skin and had more dry skin and just got acne from I don't know what!

I always cleaned my face but nothing ever cured my face other than dermatologist prescribed medication. But recently I wanted to stop that so I did, and broke out horribly this year, a few months back. Nothing was working. Then I read about this and tried it.

In about two weeks, I stopped getting acne and it did not irritate my skin at all. In fact, it kind of soothed my face. It's been a little over two months and I have not gotten nearly as much acne as I got before and it's AMAZING! Love the smell too.
Monica H.
I've recent started using this toner because I keep hearing great things about it! So far, I can say it.measures up to the hype! The rose scent is really calming yet invigorating and the fact that it's alcohol-free, means I don't have to worry about dry patches showing up overnight or an exasperated blemish within hours of using this. I'm really hoping that with its use over time, my dull skin will start to appear brighter and that my pores will shrink. I can usually be a huge skeptic at first, but so far I'm loving this product! I'm big on spreading the love when I find something I like, so I've gotten both my sister's thus for Christmas! Nothing like the gift of healthy, beautiful skin!
Ivette Z.
If you have dry, red , flaky sensitive skin then look no further. This toner is made for you. Forget about those alcohol toners. They won’t give you the satisfaction that this guy right here will give you. I love how I can use this to simply give my face a quick cleanse using a cotton pad or I can use it at night as my toner to close up my pores, cleanse, moisturizer and brighten my face. This has helped my redness and dryness SO MUCH. Way Better than the Clinique toners that I was using before I discovered this. I’m not saying those are bad but for my skin this was way better. This is in my nightly skincare routine. I never skip it. I’ll skip every other step but never this one.
Jessica C.
Camp Lejeune
I saw this on some beauty bloggers "holy grails" page and quickly went out to my local Target to pick some up. I will say that I was unsure of how much of a difference it would make to my skin if any. I have dry combo skin that gets easily aggravated. I use this right after I was my face and right before I apply my moisturizer. A step my face was SORLY missing. It balances my skin out, creates the perfect canvas for the moisturizer and removes the leftover makeup I WAS SURE I had already removed. I get red on my cheeks and texture and this helps calm the redness and even settles some of my bumps. I dont know how I ever lived without this in my skincare routine.
Janet L.
New York
The rose scent of this product smells so good, kind of like rose and lychee, which I always find rose products to smell like lychee to me. I would use this by soaking onto a cotton pad or cut up a bounty tissue into rectangle strips as a substitute. Then whenever I need a pick me up, or to clean my face I will wipe my face with it. I once got a terrible reaction with a DIY face mask I made which is made of homemade orange peel and water. My advice to you to NEVER USE ORANGE PEEL AS A MASK as it burns my skin and left it raw and red after 5 minutes. I immediately treat it with an ice roller from Amazon, spray it with rose hazel and rotate it with rose water spray. My face was initially a terrible mess, I use this method of using the ice roller and roll my face to cool it own, then refresh it my spraying rose water and wiping with hazel. After about an hour and a half, my face cleared up a lot. And the next morning you couldn't tell that it had been flared up. Which I also applied a generous amount of sunscreen because oranges are high phototoxic and to keep my face from reacting with the sun. In the end, if I hadn't had my rose hazel, rose water and ice roller I might have actually ruin my skin but these saved me. And my skin has been looking better ever since.
Brittany K.
Sherwood, AR
This product sounds amazing and would like to try it. Where can you buy it?
Kristal C.
Canoga park , CA
Where can I buy this? I'm trying to look for a new toner and I don't know what to buy and I would like To try this
Yurelkys C.
Will this break me out? I have spots and looking to clear my skin?
Samantha M.
Union City, CA
I've been hearing good things about this product! Anyone know where I can buy it?
Savannah O.
Where can you find this?