BY THAYERS #1 in Toners & Astringents

Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner will make your skin bloom. Rose Thayers remarkably soothing Toner is made with rose-petal water and our proprietary Witch Hazel extract.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract

Hamamelis Virginiana? We Call It The Shrub Of Life.
Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients – THAYERS® Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin. THAYERS® are the only Witch Hazel products made of non-distilled extract from the Witch Hazel shrub maintaining the highest levels of therapeutic tannins.

These natural elixirs have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations. Once you use them, you’ll know why.

• Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner Any one...5 Answers
  • does this help with tiny bumps on forehead ?2 Answers
  • Might be a silly question, but does this do anything to f...1 Answers
Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
  • "My ideal toner. Never stings or leaves my skin feeling dry or tight. Its not a viscous consistency, but it's maybe just slightly thicker than the average toner which I think makes it more moisturizing. I have combo skin and this makes my pores appear smaller and it removes any leftover makeup left behind after cleansing. I always feel brighter and cleaner after using it. Plus it smells lovely which is a plus!" in 190 reviews
  • "It really gets any leftover makeup off your face that washing misses, it doesn't suck all the moisture out of your skin, and the light rose scent is awesome." in 6 reviews
Jenna B.
I found that this formula was not too harsh or irritating on my skin. As someone with oily and acne prone skin, I decided to give this a try since the ingredients list is light and the price point is very reasonable.

Rose-petal water is exceptionally beneficial for anti-ageing as well as calming, soothing and healing irritated skin. Most products with rose ingredients are super effective in treating irritated skin due to its anti-inflammatory response. Its a great antioxidant for your skin, which helps reduce free radicals in the skin which attribute towards ageing. Rose-water also acts as an antibacterial, which for acne skin; works wonders at deep cleaning the pores, reducing the bad bacteria that cause acne as well as tightening and reducing pore size. Rose-water also helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin. This also contains grapefruit seed extract which acts as another form of antibacterial, antifungal and has antiseptic properties which are incredibly beneficial for irritated, sensitive and oily/acne prone skin.

I found that it was soothing, and not too irritating on my skin. It didn't leave a burning or stripping sensation nor did it leave my skin feeling dry afterwords. My skin felt tighter and my pores were visibly reduces and my skin felt softer. I would recommend for users to follow up with a serum and moisturize afterwards. I do not recommend using this product as a stand-alone due to the fact that you need to add moisture back into your skin after using a toner. Using any kind of toner without a serum or moisturizer after can cause overproduction of oil which can lead to breakouts. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a gentle and light toner.
Liliana Z.
Hayward
Hey everyone, I started using this product after washing my face nightly. I used it in conjunction with Dr. Bronner's Tea tree castile soap. My routine would consist of wetting my face, adding a drop of Dr. Bronners to my Clarisonic Mia 2 and brushing it over my face. After I would get a cotton pad with some squirts of toner and apply to my whole face. You guys, I broke out pretty bad :( ... I have a combo skin type (oily T zone) and I recognize I always have a pimple or two on my forehead, but not like this. It was a different type of acne, the type that is not popable because it is so imbedded into your skin! I never get acne anywhere else than my forhead, its rare when I get one or two on my cheeks but this was just too much. I also started getting smaller pimples on my nose that was not common for me at all! Honestly not sure if it was the toner exclusively that broke me out, but it could have been, or the use of this and the Dr. Bronner's soap together. This was my experience (1 month use) and I hope it helps to anyone who is going to try it. I read 95% good reviews on this product and that was the motivation for me to purchase but I guess I am one of the few who  it didn't work for.  Hope it works for you though. Cheers, LZ.
Ashton L.
Livingston, AL
I had tried toners in the past, but they always dried out my skin and seemed to do more harm than good. However, after seeing good reviews on this product I decided to give it a try.
Let me start by saying I have combination skin. It's oily in my t-zone and dry in the other places. It's also pretty sensitive so I have to be careful about putting products on my face so that I don't break out. Bottom line: it's hard for me to choose something that works for my face.
I've been using for this for a month now, and I love it! It's not harsh and I haven't had any problems with break outs. I also have noticed that my t-zone isn't even close to being as oily as it was before. I also have redness on my cheeks and chin, and the redness has lessened. I use this product on a cotton round or cotton ball at night and in the morning.
Another thing to note: my boyfriend has started using this too. He has problems with blackheads, oily skin, and redness. After two weeks, his blackheads have lessened and the redness around his nose has started to subside. As far as his oily skin, that has went away also.
Overall, I would say that anyone with all skin types should give this toner a try. I would most definitely recommend it to others.
Miss C.
Nashville
Hands down the best astringent/withhazel I have ever - and WILL EVER - use!! And I LOVE the new packaging (so much. so much.) I have very sensitive skin, and most other astringents or micellar waters dry my skin or break me out. This is never the case with Thayers. I like to use Thayers after cleansing to pick up any bits left behind, I like to use it before I go to bed as a cleanser if I haven’t worn makeup that day, and I like to use it before applying my moisturizer and makeup in the mornings. I noticed that after a week of ONLY using Thayers, my skin is clearer, has fewer breakouts, my skin almost glows and my skin feels happy. I genuinely love this product and it is a HG of mine that I will probably use forever. It does not dry my skin, does not irritate my skin, does not cause new comedones, and it is lightweight and smells grew. A+.
Alexandra R.
Henderson, NV
Ever since using this product, in conjunction with  St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub my acne has completely disappeared. The Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel has the most amazing scent I have ever smelled for a facial toner. Most toners are harsh, smell like tea tree or alcohol, and sometimes leave a filmy, oily (or sometimes overly drying) feeling- and this product does none of that. Every time I use this, my face feels crazy clean. I use it twice a day: once in the morning after the shower before I start my usual makeup routine and also once at night before bed and after washing my face. It always tends to pick up extra makeup that My face wash and wash cloth missed. I've started to notice that more stores have started carrying this product like Walgreens, Target, Amazon, etc. They also have a wide variety of scents (rose is my favorite) but I got my boyfriend hooked on the  Thayer Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula
Dani F.
Chicago
I really like this toner! I got it from Target after hearing great things from the beauty crowd on YouTube. It has a strong rose scent, so if you don't like scents, stay away. Otherwise I feel like this is very moisturizing. I like to use it in the morning under makeup. I don't notice any difference in pore size (witch's hazel should shrink them a bit) but it's a nice addition to my skincare routine. Note! If you use a cotton pad to swipe this product on your face and see that it removes the excess makeup from your skin, you may need to use a better cleanser or double cleanse. I found that once I started double cleansing, I didn't see makeup residue on the cotton pad anymore. Now I just squirt the toner onto my hands and pat it onto my face (saves product because a cotton pad can absorb it).
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
Had been looking for a good toner for a while now, and I think I've found my go-to! My skin isn't super sensitive so I can get away with getting drug-store skincare instead of super expensive high end skin care, and this is definitely a budget-friendly skin care product! I usually don't like rose-y or flowery smells, but I really don't mind the rose smell of this toner! It actually smells really nice and refreshing. I use this toner before I put on moisturizer and when I apply it at night, it does a good job of evening out my skin tone and also getting rid of any excess makeup that might not have washed away before. My skin feels super fresh after using this toner and there's a lot of liquid in the bottle to last a while! I believe I got it on Amazon for like $6-7.
Allison Z.
I had heard that witch hazel is good for acne-prone skin, however I am part of the rarer population that has normal-dry skin as well. So, I didn't think witch hazel was an option because as far as I knew, they all had alcohol in them, which would dry my skin out. One day, I was looking around Target and saw these, which say "Alcohol-Free" on the bottle, so I picked up the rose scented one because it's my favorite scent. Let me tell you, I will never turn back. I'm the type of person who finds that hydrating my skin prevents and soothes my acne, and this does exactly that. Over the course of a few days of using this, I found my skin texture and overall appearance to improve and I was not breaking out as much. I do not wash my face in the morning because for my skin, less is more, so I use this instead and it feels so refreshing and hydrating. Then I follow up with a sunscreen moisturizer and makeup. At night, I wash my skin and use this product after and besides being hydrating and soothing, it removes any remnants of makeup I didn't get off when I was cleansing. Even though I don't have oily skin, I heard that it is good for all skin types. I highly recommend anyone to try this product out!
Casey K.
Phoenix, AZ
I REALLY wanted to like this toner. I saw it a few times and passed it up but this time I grabbed a spray bottle. Idk if it's the strong rose fragrance added into it or what but after I use this my face has some spots that are burning and irritated, like below my eyes as well as some itching. I havent had this much of a sensitive reaction in a while, only if there is a strong added fragrance to it. Mario badescus rose facial mist doesnt irritate my face nor the pearlessence rosewater face mist I got from Marshall's. Maybe if I dilute this with house filtered water, the fragrance will lessen and it'll be less harsh, but I doubt I'd repurchase. I do love the smell and how hydrating it is.. but the fragrance strength is aggravating to my skin
Brittany S.
Lancaster, CA
This witch hazel smells really good, the bottle is really appealing & it helped my skin a lot. I hade such bad skin for the past 5 months, all the acne, scars, oily & dry combo. I’ve been using this for a good 4 months & it feels amazing on my skin after application. I put it in a small sprayer & after I shower I spray some on my face to lock it moisture & it really makes my skin feel smooth & supple afterwards. Now my skin is really clearing up & this has been always part of my routine, I will be getting more & more bottles of this! Considered this one of my fave products ever ❤️
Brittany K.
Sherwood, AR
This product sounds amazing and would like to try it. Where can you buy it?
Kristal C.
Canoga Park , CA
Where can I buy this? I'm trying to look for a new toner and I don't know what to buy and I would like To try this
Yurelkys C.
Will this break me out? I have spots and looking to clear my skin?
Samantha M.
Union City, CA
I've been hearing good things about this product! Anyone know where I can buy it?
Mads N.
Byron
When do you use this in your skin care routine?