Add a Photo

By THAYERS
#1 in Toners & Astringents

Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner will make your skin bloom. Rose Thayers remarkably soothing Toner is made with rose-petal water and our proprietary Witch Hazel extract.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract

Hamamelis Virginiana? We Call It The Shrub Of Life.
Made of extract from the Witch Hazel shrub (Hamamelis Virginiana) and a blend of other time-tested ingredients – THAYERS® Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Astringents and Alcohol-Free Toners are soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin. THAYERS® are the only Witch Hazel products made of non-distilled extract from the Witch Hazel shrub maintaining the highest levels of therapeutic tannins.

These natural elixirs have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations. Once you use them, you’ll know why.

Photos (104)
Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

Where do I even begin. I'll start from the beginning. I suffer from acne, acne scars, hyper pigmentation, you get the deal. I have been looking for different products to either get rid of or light my scars, but also to help get rid of my acne. Nothing would really work for me. I found this on amazon and saw all of the amazing reviews and pictures and I decided to get the 2 pack since it was cheaper and I wanted to try it out. I got this item on a day where I was very broken out with acne. I was super excited and immediately put some on. I continued to apply with a cotton ball or just directly to the face as often as I could or about 10 times a day. Within 3 days most of my acne has cleared up and any scabs from picking at my face were completely gone. This also left my face super smooth and soft. About a week later, I broke out in a way I had never done before. I had, no lie, over 20 pimples on my face and a bunch of small ones on my forehead and jawline. I was so sad because my skin had finally started to get bitter. I picked at it in destress and made things worse. But I continued to apply hoping that it would things better and it did. About a week had passed and everything had cleared up. I realized that it was just bringing everything to the surface and I was hormonal because of Aunt Flow. Since then I have gone about 2 weeks with very minor pimples and my acne scars have lightened up so much. After a month, I have about half a bottle left which is great because i use it non stop as well as my parents who have also seen improvement in the sun damage on their faces. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures so that you guys could see the difference, but please please try this product, you won't be disappointed. I do have a tip that helped me. I got a paper towel and put enough drops so that it was wet. Then I put it on a face like a mask and left it until it dried up. I did that about 2-3 times day. The best thing is that you can use this as many times as you want and there won't be any negative consequences
Nicole E.
Nicole E.
Cincinnati, OH

When at all possible, I try to keep my skincare routine simple & all-natural. I discovered witch hazel over 10 years ago, as a more gentle solution for quickly cleaning up my skin. Other store-bought cleansers / toners always seemed to be filled with tons of ingredients & chemicals that I would prefer to avoid, so this was a great solution for me. Eventually, I adopted the Rose Petal variety specifically as my favorite for it's light, refreshing, floral scent. Now, years later I'm still using the same product for wiping my face on a daily basis. My routine goes like this: wet a cotton round with the witch hazel and gently swirl around my face, letting it absorb into my skin (and free my skin of any makeup). It's quick, easy, and doesn't leave my skin irritated. Afterward, my skin feels utterly refreshed & I can even use it as a makeup remover if needed around my eyes. I love love love this product and choose it over any other facial cleanser / toner.
Emily G.
Emily G.

Not since my 20s have I ever thought of using a toner; however, in my 40s I have rediscovered it in a different use. When in my twenties it was to remove excess over productive oils. But now that I'm in my 40s I'm finding that this product in particular is really great to not only remove excess make up but very lightly exfoliates giving me a really fresh perked up glow. The older I get, harsh scrubs are only a weekly or even monthly task as my skin has changed more. Since I've always found the scent of the regular witch hazel a little invasive, I am soooo glad I found the aloe Vera rose water one. It's much gentler than other toners but Rose is great for skin sensitivities which I also have. Since I love multitasking products, I was extremely pleased that this was definitely one of them. There are many surprising uses for witch hazel. I highly recommend it.

The result is an amazing, very youthful glow...and helps prep my moisturizer that much better.

Heather R.
Heather R.

I have tried more face products than I'd like to admit. Something I always had trouble finding was a product that left my face feeling clean without leaving it feeling stripped. That is until I tried Thayers organic rose petal witch hazel toner. It cleans like no other product I've used before but it's also hydrating and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I have combination skin and occasional acne. This product can handle all of that. It really does clean and tone my skin. It's alcohol free and contains all natural and organic materials so I can use it as frequently as I want without fear of harsh chemicals on my face. I use it morning and night for cleansing and toning, then follow with olay regenerist moisturizer. I would recommend this to anyone. I think it's something that is adaptable to all skin types. There's no harsh smell (it smells very lightly of roses) so it shouldn't affect any allergies. I'd give it 10 stars if that were an option.
Alexis P.
Alexis P.
Los Alamos, NM

I only started using a toner as part of my skin care routine last year. Crazy, right? I use this after cleansing my skin and before applying any serum or moisturizers. I don't think I can go back to the days of not using a toner. It helps to wipe away any residue from your cleanser and prepares the skin for your moisturizer. I find that all my products work better and my skin feels more balanced when I use this. It's alcohol free so not only does it cleanse the skin, but it also moisturizes - which is great for my combo skin.

To be fair, I haven't given any other toners a real try, but I do love this one. For the amount of product you get, it's very affordable. This guy lasted me about 4 months - using it twice daily. I do want to try out some other brands of toner first, but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this in the future.

I purchased mine from Amazon for $10.50, but it's also currently available at drugstore.com for $7.99.
Stephanie A.
Stephanie A.
Beacon, NY

This is my holy grail, end all be all of toners. I've been using it for almost 10 years and will continue to use it for as long as they make it (hopefully, forever and ever). I use it morning and night, it's refreshing and doesn't irritate my skin like a lot of other toners on the market (they can sting sometimes). I always get the rose petal scent because it's absolutely lovely, not overpowering or fake smelling at all. Think a bouquet of fresh roses and you're on the right track. I love this stuff so much that I always buy 2-3 bottles at a time to make sure I never run out. The only downside is it can be hard to find in stores around me, I've only ever seen it in health food stores and most of them are quite a drive from where I live. So, I usually end up just ordering it online.
Brittney G.
Brittney G.
Irvine, CA

I've been using this toner for a couple of weeks now, twice a day, and I have to say that it is amazing. The reviews were spot on for it and I cannot be happier with it. I have very very oily skin, so after using my Clarisonic to cleanse my face, I don't always like to moisturize my face with lotion until I've given my skin a chance to breathe for a little while. I use the Thayers rose petal toner directly after cleansing my face and it has helped bring moisture to my skin so that I only need to apply a very small amount of face lotion to my skin afterward. I feel this toner really working in my pores and on top of my skin and I am pleased with the results I have been seeing so far. I will be purchasing this product again and am happy to have found something that works this well.
Rumana R.
Rumana R.
Queens Vlg, NY

I started getting small bumps and cystic acne on my cheeks around the contour area last year. I washed my face in the morning by rubbing Cetaphil with my fingertips, and night with Cetaphil on my Clarisonic. My skin felt great, but only around all the acne and bumps. After much desperation and research, I decided to the Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner out. I mixed this product with a few drops of tea tree oil, put the mixture on a cotton ball and put it all over my face before putting on my moisturizer, twice a day. I kid you not, my skin nearly cleared up overnight. I've been using this for the past two weeks now and all I'm left with now are a few acne scars, which are slowly fading away. This product is affordable, natural and totally a game changer!!
Anh D.
Anh D.
Arlington, TX

I've battle with redness on my cheeks for most of my life. I've tried so many different products and treatments, and sometimes it's mild, but it's always there. I've switched recently to more DIY beauty products and I saw more improvements than ever before, but I still had slightly red cheeks. When I tried this product it was almost like a transformation before my eyes. I could actually watch the redness disappear. My skin on my cheeks is the same color as the skin on my shoulders or my forehead now. It's amazing. Where has this product been all of my life?!? I will be a life long customer. This stuff is amazing. My skin is softer, more even toned, and I'm breaking out less. I think you should stop reading reviews and just buy some already! ;)
Bailey T.
Bailey T.

I have to start out by saying that I have "normal" skin with no issues with acne/excess oil/ or dryness. I've heard great things about this toner, but I just don't think it really fits into my skincare routine. I didn't notice any difference in my skin after applying it post-cleansing. Their rose-scent isn't my favorite, it reminds me of roses mixed with freshly cut grass, so a very natural rose scent. I do apply this to any red bumps I get after shaving and it seems to help! I haven't tried any other toners because it seems like an unnecessary step in my skincare routine, but this one is at such a great price point and it seems to do wonders for other peoples skin (especially with acne). If I were to use a toner, this would be the one!
Brittany K.
Brittany K.
Sherwood, AR

This product sounds amazing and would like to try it. Where can you buy it?
Kristal C.
Kristal C.
Canoga park , Ca

Where can I buy this? I'm trying to look for a new toner and I don't know what to buy and I would like To try this
Yurelkys C.
Yurelkys C.

Will this break me out? I have spots and looking to clear my skin?
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Union City, CA

I've been hearing good things about this product! Anyone know where I can buy it?
Sally R.