Tender Care™ Lanolin - 2 oz Tube

by Medela

#3 in Breastfeeding

Advanced Nipple Therapy™ Soothing relief for dry, sore and tender nipples. 100% safe for mom and baby. Glides on smoothly and gently - no-mess application. Preferred by moms over other formulas. Contents: 1 - 2oz tube Model 87122 Our Customer Service team is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 8:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at to answer any questions you may have. For hygienic reasons, once this product is opened it cannot be returned. ;

Is this product any good? Asking for my fiancé who is a big skeptic about anything.
When is the best time for use before, after pumping? Any advice for a first time mom!
How does this compare to Lanolin from Almeda?
Start your review of Tender Care™ Lanolin - 2 oz Tube!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, and until the baby and myself got latching figured out, this was a life saver for sore/blistered nipples.” in reviews
“Lanolin is great and very useful when breast feeding however this brand felt thick to me and was not what I needed at that time.” in reviews
“This did seem to soothe my sore nipples, but my twins didn't like the taste of it when I would nurse them. ” in reviews
“When I first brought baby home I got cracked nipples like none other and this made it so much easier and soothed them amazingly =]” in reviews
“A little goes a long way with this stuff and it is multi purpose which is nice - from diaper rashes to incredibly dry skin it seems like it lasts forever” in reviews
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
When my first son was born I thought the longer I waited in between breastfeeding the more milk would build up. Then I realized he needed to eat more often to build up supply. I started to pump constantly to try to build up my supply. I turned the pump up to high and it made my nipples bleed and they were so sore. I bought this and it improved. After 2 weeks I didnt need it anymore. If you can get a couple of sample sizes of it you prob wont need to purchase a bottle of it. However I ended up using the rest of it as a diaper cream for a girl I babysat. Zinc made her break out and this was perfect for her sensitive skin!
Bedford, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Ive been through the ringer this time around while breastfeeding.. well my NIPPLES have actually. Luckily I got a sample of this cream from them after buying some of their other products and after ONE use I was in loOoOoOve! Had to get the full size! From cracked, burning, sore, tenderrrrr oh so tender... each time this provided immediate relief for me and even HEALED my nipples. I havent had to use it in awhile thank sweet baby jesus my boobies are doing amazingly now but this has also came in handy for my dry lips as the blistering cold has arrived in my area on few occasions! Def recommend!
Glen Burnie
Purchased at: Walmart
My husband gave our breastfed daughter a pacifier while in the hospital, which resulted in her latch getting weaker and my nipple being sore and scabbed. The nurses gave me a trial sized tube and with just a couple applications, my nipples were back to normal. I went out and bought a larger tube for when I am not pumping and you cannot beat the price point for this product that will last a good long while!!
Lombard, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Purchased at: Target
I got a little sample size at the hospital because I forgot to bring the one I was gifted at my shower. LOVE IT!!! I love that I don’t have to wash it off before nursing my little man. And I love how hydrating it is for my nipples. He really did a number on them in the three days we were at the hospital lol and this has totally helped. Also pro tip you can use lanolin creams for diaper rashes! Win-win!
Norfolk
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This product was a LIFE SAVER! My first week breastfeeding was rough. We had a hard time figuring out our latch on the left side and that caused some bleeding and cracking. Thankfully a friend gave me a sample of this and I immediately sent my significant other to Target to grab a full tube of this. I probably would have given up on breastfeeding if it wasn’t for this product.
Virginia Bch, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I received Tender Care™ Lanolin - 2 oz Tube cream as a sample through medela and received two tubes through the hospital after giving birth to my daughter. The product is greasy in texture. It did provide little relief but to be fair I used it after damage was already done. I did notice it stained my clothes. I wish I used this before the first latch.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This was the only lanolin cream I would use with my son. I had purchased a different kind, but the hospital gave me trial sizes of this kind and I immediately went out and bought more once I ran out. It's much smoother, softer, and less thick than the other brands I've tried. Because of this it was much more ideal for tender, cracked nipples.
Pomona Park, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This product kinda burned when I would put it in and it always kinda left a sticky feeling. what I liked though is you can buy them and they are single serve verses some breast creams came in a container it is more convient to take with you. but a con is just like everything with the Medela name it is kinda pricey.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love this product ! It was really helpful in my transition to pumping. I tried to breast feed but my daughter was just not getting it and it tore my nipples up BUT this product literally saved them . This is a must if you want to try breast feeding and it also helped with the occasional soreness from pumping
Lexington , KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I received a sample of this at the hospital to help with my sore breasts after breastfeeding. The first couple of times when I first started nursing, my nipples would get cracks and would bleed. When I used this product it helped smooth and heal the soreness. I highly recommend for breast feeding mommas!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...