Sarah H.
I will never forget some books reading with my kids and this is one of them! I have triplet girls. The oldest has had to have tubes placed in her ears. She didn't hear well for awhile and we thought she was a bit behind because of it. I would take extra time helping her with her homework, reading with her and such. One day I was cooking dinner and she was sitting on the floor with this book. I realized she was reading it loud and clear, all by herself! I also realized that she was using her hearing problem to her advantage for more attention! LMBO! She had to do what she had to do to compete for attention in a house with six kids. Every once in awhile now she pulls it out and asks for help reading it! I now see it as a cue she feels she needs more attention. It's a very special book for us!