BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #97 in Books

Illus. in color. A beginning Beginner Book, this ingenious story uses a vocabulary of only 75 different words. "A hilarious story in rhyme about a number of animals who could carry 10 apples on their heads."-- Elementary English. see more...

• Where can I find this? Is it good, never heard of it. 13 Answers
  • I haven't heard of this one I'm trying to look for some books for m...9 Answers
  • Never read this one 12 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I absolutely loved this book as a kid!" in 1 review
  • "This story line and illustrations both did a great job of keeping my children, ages 2 and 5, engaged throughout the entire book." in 1 review
  • "This is a great book for teaching rhyming and counting." in 1 review
Kristine L.
Kristine L.
This book is so cute and I feel that it in a way replicates how children act. When children are younger, they are always trying to one-up eachother in the mind set that "anything you can do, I can do better". So, when reading this with a child, it's funny to see how they react when the characters are one-upping eachother. đŸ˜‹
Megan M.
Megan M.
Holland, MI
My kids love this book. It's okay. It's an easy read with cute graphics, but the ending is just weird. Every time I read it, I expect there to be some resolution to the obvious tension of competition between the characters, and then... there's not. I wouldn't recommend giving this as a gift.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Nelsonville, OH
I love that my daughter loves to read and this is one of her books she consistently goes back to read again and again. She laughs throughout the book and gets excited as each page gets turned. It's amazing that a book like this can bring pure and simple joy to a child.
Natalie M.
Natalie M.
Shakopee, MN
This is a fun read and great for learning to count. Each time an apple is added it is the perfect time to count all the them. I have used this teaching Kindergarten and with my own children. Its a fun read and kids like sill ideas in books that make them laugh.
Tracey W.
Tracey W.
Dr Seuss books are fun to read. They teach children different things. This book teaches kids to count to ten with animals doing funny things. The books have good rhymes, variety of characters and teach kids while having fun reading. I recommend this book.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Easy book to read with kids, or to teach children how to read and count! It combines two skills at one, simple counting as well as short words and sentences. I use it when I work with special needs children to teach them two academic principles at once!
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
Advance, NC
You can never go wrong with Dr. Suess. He was a childhood favorite and still is one of my all time favorite authors. His stories are cute and funny, but they also have such vital lessons and meanings behind each and every book. Read it for sure!
Emily O.
Emily O.
Madison, AL
This is classic Dr. Seuss! This is a fun book to help teach kids about counting to ten. I read this book to my kindergarteners every fall, and it is always an instant favorite! I would definitely recommend adding this to your child's library!
Morgan R.
Morgan R.
Freeland, MI
Kids love this book! Very simple but really helps students and kids with simple addition. There are so many different activities and lessons that can be introduced with this book. Young grades and young children can really enjoy this book.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Pooler, GA
Hahaha I remember this book. I have a whole bunch of Dr. Seuss books and I have read them since I was very little. I read this to my son and many days he pulls it out and starts going through it all on his own. It's absolutely adorable
Helen M.
Helen M.
Lynn, Ma
Would you read it to your kids ?
nakalia f.
nakalia f.
What's this book about? Is it good for kids?
Asia V.
Asia V.
Casper , WY
Where can I find this? Is it good, never heard of it.
Dominique T.
Dominique T.
Never read this one
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Quitman , LA
I haven't heard of this one I'm trying to look for some books for my daughter for Christmas she is one would this be a good one? Is it colorful enough