BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #99 in Books

Illus. in color. A beginning Beginner Book, this ingenious story uses a vocabulary of only 75 different words. "A hilarious story in rhyme about a number of animals who could carry 10 apples on their heads."-- Elementary English. see more...

• Where can I find this? Is it good, never heard of it. 13 Answers
  • I haven't heard of this one I'm trying to look for some books for...9 Answers
  • Never read this one 12 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I absolutely loved this book as a kid!" in 1 review
  • "This story line and illustrations both did a great job of keeping my children, ages 2 and 5, engaged throughout the entire book." in 1 review
  • "This is a great book for teaching rhyming and counting." in 1 review
Sarah H.
Chicago , IL
I will never forget some books reading with my kids and this is one of them! I have triplet girls. The oldest has had to have tubes placed in her ears. She didn't hear well for awhile and we thought she was a bit behind because of it. I would take extra time helping her with her homework, reading with her and such. One day I was cooking dinner and she was sitting on the floor with this book. I realized she was reading it loud and clear, all by herself! I also realized that she was using her hearing problem to her advantage for more attention! LMBO! She had to do what she had to do to compete for attention in a house with six kids. Every once in awhile now she pulls it out and asks for help reading it! I now see it as a cue she feels she needs more attention. It's a very special book for us!
Jackie K.
North Reading, MA
Bookworm Expert
Ten Apples Up On Top is part of the “Bright and Early Board Books” series by Random House which capitalizes on the popularity of Dr. Seuss by extending the line to shorter titles. Ten Apples Up On Top was written by Dr. Seuss under the name Theodor LeSieg which is simply his real name (i.e. Theodor Geisel) with his last name spelled backwards
Kristine L.
This book is so cute and I feel that it in a way replicates how children act. When children are younger, they are always trying to one-up eachother in the mind set that "anything you can do, I can do better". So, when reading this with a child, it's funny to see how they react when the characters are one-upping eachother. 😋
Hannah M.
Cleveland, TN
I remember looking at the pictures/reading this book as a little kid. I have great memories of it. It's one of my absolute favorite children's books of all time! And I love Dr. Seuss, he was a genius!!
Stephanie G.
Odenton, MD
This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books! It is so much fun to read, especially to kids who love hearing books that flow. If you get into it and can read in an animated kind of way--then you will love this book! I feel as if it is a classic book for kids of all ages!
Tracey W.
Dr Seuss books are fun to read. They teach children different things. This book teaches kids to count to ten with animals doing funny things. The books have good rhymes, variety of characters and teach kids while having fun reading. I recommend this book.
Hannah G.
Agoura Hills, CA
Another classic Dr. Seuss book this is a great book to read it too young to win they are just learning to read. I would definitely recommend this book to any moms with young children. This is just a classic.
Lindsey H.
Buffalo, NY
My 5 year old is just starting to read full books and this is her favorite. Such an easy read and a classic story. The book flows so well that it captures every listeners attention. Everyone should have this book in their library.
Stephanie S.
Bookworm Expert
Super cute classic story with apples, counting and an outrageous chase scene that ends in an amazing crash! Loved this one as a kid and really enjoy reading it to my little!
Ana J.
Glen Ellyn, IL
My oldest son loved this book! Unfortunately we lost it when we moved. It's really cute and helps with counting forward and backward. The story line is funny as well. I would recommend this book to anyone with small children.
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Would you read it to your kids ?
nakalia f.
What's this book about? Is it good for kids?
Asia V.
Casper , WY
Where can I find this? Is it good, never heard of it.
Dominique T.
Never read this one
Victoria G.
Quitman , LA
I haven't heard of this one I'm trying to look for some books for my daughter for Christmas she is one would this be a good one? Is it colorful enough