BY TEAVANA

Teavana
  • "I think this is a great way to get introduced to loose leaf tea - however it is WAY too easy to be intimidated into buy WAY too much tea that you will never drink." in 21 reviews
  • "Sure, Teavana's teas taste great when you sample them at the store, but you have to buy massive amounts of their loose leaf tea and sugar to reproduce the flavor at home." in 9 reviews
  • "And the people who work at the ones I've been to have always been very helpful and knowledgeable." in 5 reviews
  • "It's high quality tea, but I have quality loose-leaf tea from other places that didn't cost nearly as much, and the sales people tend to be a little pushy, so it's hard to go in there and just look around without buying anything" in 5 reviews
  • "They give free samples that DO taste amazing.. but to make what they gave you, you will need about 3 teas and their special sugar, and containers for all of it." in 5 reviews
Jenis T.
Saint Louis, MO
I love tea. Ten tin teavana canisters, and about a dozen others, 3 infuser tea pots, 2 regular teapots, 3 tea sets, 7 boxes, and a 5lb jar of German rock sugar will tell you loud and clear-- I love tea... which means, coming across my first Teavana store 5 years ago, was a match made in heaven. I love their teas, they're fragrant, unique, you won't find anything like them anywhere. A myriad of gorgeous washi tins, and cast iron tea sets, and a ton of samples to try makes Teavana a fabulous store. The only thing holding me back from giving them an outright A, is their lack of transparency towards some of the artificial ingredients in their teas, along with their INCREDIBLY pushy sales people. I've gone car shopping and had far less pressure than in a a Teavana store. But, if you have a strong will, and a sense of adventure, go on into a Teavana store.
Jess E.
Farmington, MN
Now, some of the reviews here are saying that the sales people are pushy and the stuff is expensive, don't believe a word! The sales people offer free samples as part of their job, that's not pushy. When you ask about a product, they will tell you what they know about it, how it's used, etc. Being knowledgeable is not the same as being pushy. As for the prices, they reflect the quality. Many of the teapots they offer are handmade. Many of the teas they sell are hand-picked and hand-processed. You are paying for quality. If you want cheap tea, get the pesticide-laden crap tea bags at a grocery store. If you want to enjoy tea the way it was meant to be, Teavana is where to go. They have many kinds of tea, and the salespeople are all well educated on each type. They will help you select the tea that is right for you.
Alli M.
Suwanee, GA
This is the best loose leaf tea you could possibly purchase. I love the youth berry orange mix. I have tried to strawberry lemonade mix and I have to say that ones not my favorite because it doesn't come out as strong as it smells. Last time I was in the store I had mentioned to my boyfriend I wanted to get a tea from Starbucks before leaving the mall. The cashier informed me that they actually sell the teas there (duh, how did I never realize this..the cups say teavana) she told me Starbucks just mixes them with lemonade. Next time I go in I'm purchasing the mango black tea! I will update this when I know how it is!
Heather G.
San Diego, CA
I love Teavana, this is how I was introduced to loose leaf tea. The employees are always nice and not pushy, and if you're not sure about whether you'll like a tea or not, you can just buy a cup at the store or try one of their samples for that day. The only downfalls I see are that it can be overwhelming and a bit pricey. If you really love tea, it's great, but I have had a few teas go bad before I can use them and when you're paying up to $15 per every 2 oz. that is not a good thing. The pros definitely outway the cons and I tell everyone I know to go to Teavana and try out something.
Christina B.
Uppr Marlboro, MD
Only tea shop I go to. They always have a new product for me every time I come in. They always have something ready for tasting so I always know if I like what I'm getting
Kylee V.
Buffalo, MN
I love tevanna! I was there today. They were the first to introduce me to lose leaf tea. They have wonderful selection of teas and their rock sugar is amazing. I am sad they are closing however.
Jennifer P.
Cedar Rapids, IA
I ADORE Teavana. They got me addicted to their maharaja chai/samurai oolong mix, and the closest store to me is an hour and a half drive south. (They really need to open more stores in my area). So, imagine my surprise when I get to their lovely store in the mall, and find that they're not doing tea service during the holidays. If It would have been during the weekend during Christmas Week, I'd understand. This was December 12th, a Thursday. I was heartbroken and irritated about being refused service. Corporate must've had a change of heart, because when I went to a different location that weekend they did allow me to buy my cup of tea.

The tl;dr: I LOVE their tea, just don't expect a cup during the holidays.
Mary R.
I think this is a great way to get introduced to loose leaf tea - however it is WAY too easy to be intimidated into buy WAY too much tea that you will never drink. The salespeople are awesome and show you a zillion ways to mix teas and you imagine a totally different life from your own in which you will actually make all of these tea concoctions and drink them - getting your money's worth out of the $200 or more you are dropping on tiny tins of tea. And then reality sets in and you drink one or two of the flavors occasionally and the rest sit in the tins for years. Now I go in just for what I want and don't try anything - too easy to be tempted! The teas are great quality - I can easily get 4 cups out of one batch of tea, so the price isn't as bad as it seems; as long as you actually use the tea!
Jess F.
Hauppauge , NY
I give them an A. Here's why. Yes they can be pricey but well worth it IMHO. Say you go for coffee per cup which most people do, that's anywhere from 2-5 per cup. Just like that your out 25, for 25 worth of tea I've made 60+cups of tea. I love you can sample and smell the tea before buying, you can even get a cup made my fav is dragon fruit devotion, strawberry paraiso, youth berry, oprah chai, blueberry bliss is fab with almost all the teas, pineapple kona, watermelon mint chiller. Accessories are pricey but wait for a sale and sign up for email specials around the sale time you'll get a 10off coupon. I bought an ice tea set with 6 teas and 6tins and a 1lb of rock sugar it was on sale I used a coupon and got it for 40.
Cara G.
Claysville, PA
Yes, it's a little pricey for tea... But I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for the quality. There is a ever changing "menu" of teas. Be aware that unless you have more restraint then I do, you may end up spending more then you wanted to. The stores offer free samples, which is a great way to taste test a new tea. There is a tea bar there too - so you can buy a cup of tea as well.
Naila K.
Are the teas here worth the price? It seems crazy to me to spend so much on tea.
Stephanie G.
Yonkers, NY
Whats your favorite tea?
Caitlin W.
Monroeville, PA
What everyone's favorite tea!? I want to try some new ones! I love peach tranquility! Any other goodies!
Teresa L.
I'm new to tea. What are some of your flavor recommendations? I really like fruity teas.
Kay K.
I've seen so many negative comments about their salespeople so I have to ask, where on Earth are you people shopping lol? Gotta make sure I don't go to those stores lol.