BY TEAVANA

• Teavana or Starbucks1 Answers
  • Any suggestions for some relaxing herbal teas?2 Answers
  • I really wanna try some tea from here and ive noticed they have l...5 Answers
Teavana
  • "I think this is a great way to get introduced to loose leaf tea - however it is WAY too easy to be intimidated into buy WAY too much tea that you will never drink." in 21 reviews
  • "Sure, Teavana's teas taste great when you sample them at the store, but you have to buy massive amounts of their loose leaf tea and sugar to reproduce the flavor at home." in 9 reviews
  • "And the people who work at the ones I've been to have always been very helpful and knowledgeable." in 5 reviews
  • "They give free samples that DO taste amazing.. but to make what they gave you, you will need about 3 teas and their special sugar, and containers for all of it." in 5 reviews
  • "The good ones are really good, but still not worth the expense unless you have plenty of disposable income laying around. " in 5 reviews
Kailee C.
Clarksville, TN
They have a variety of loose leaf tea to choose from and the employees are pretty knowledgable on what they offer. They also have a ton of patience for people who like to spend a while deciding on the tea they want and mixture. They do offer a single serve cup to try it out. There's only a couple downsides and that's their price and lack of labeling for what's in the tea (you get a name and category but not so much full ingredient list). The amount you get does last a while so that justifies the price for me. Plus you can use your Starbucks rewards cards there.

Their tumblers are the best! I could compare them to those Yeti tumblers but these beat the price and you can use it for loose leaf. They literally stay hot all day. I took mine to the snow one day and left it in the car, and at the end of the day it was still really hot. Totally worth the money.
Jess E.
Farmington, MN
Now, some of the reviews here are saying that the sales people are pushy and the stuff is expensive, don't believe a word! The sales people offer free samples as part of their job, that's not pushy. When you ask about a product, they will tell you what they know about it, how it's used, etc. Being knowledgeable is not the same as being pushy. As for the prices, they reflect the quality. Many of the teapots they offer are handmade. Many of the teas they sell are hand-picked and hand-processed. You are paying for quality. If you want cheap tea, get the pesticide-laden crap tea bags at a grocery store. If you want to enjoy tea the way it was meant to be, Teavana is where to go. They have many kinds of tea, and the salespeople are all well educated on each type. They will help you select the tea that is right for you.
Alli M.
Suwanee, GA
This is the best loose leaf tea you could possibly purchase. I love the youth berry orange mix. I have tried to strawberry lemonade mix and I have to say that ones not my favorite because it doesn't come out as strong as it smells. Last time I was in the store I had mentioned to my boyfriend I wanted to get a tea from Starbucks before leaving the mall. The cashier informed me that they actually sell the teas there (duh, how did I never realize this..the cups say teavana) she told me Starbucks just mixes them with lemonade. Next time I go in I'm purchasing the mango black tea! I will update this when I know how it is!
Heather G.
San Diego, CA
I love Teavana, this is how I was introduced to loose leaf tea. The employees are always nice and not pushy, and if you're not sure about whether you'll like a tea or not, you can just buy a cup at the store or try one of their samples for that day. The only downfalls I see are that it can be overwhelming and a bit pricey. If you really love tea, it's great, but I have had a few teas go bad before I can use them and when you're paying up to $15 per every 2 oz. that is not a good thing. The pros definitely outway the cons and I tell everyone I know to go to Teavana and try out something.
Christina B.
Uppr Marlboro, MD
Only tea shop I go to. They always have a new product for me every time I come in. They always have something ready for tasting so I always know if I like what I'm getting
Jennifer P.
Cedar Rapids, IA
I ADORE Teavana. They got me addicted to their maharaja chai/samurai oolong mix, and the closest store to me is an hour and a half drive south. (They really need to open more stores in my area). So, imagine my surprise when I get to their lovely store in the mall, and find that they're not doing tea service during the holidays. If It would have been during the weekend during Christmas Week, I'd understand. This was December 12th, a Thursday. I was heartbroken and irritated about being refused service. Corporate must've had a change of heart, because when I went to a different location that weekend they did allow me to buy my cup of tea.

The tl;dr: I LOVE their tea, just don't expect a cup during the holidays.
Mary R.
I think this is a great way to get introduced to loose leaf tea - however it is WAY too easy to be intimidated into buy WAY too much tea that you will never drink. The salespeople are awesome and show you a zillion ways to mix teas and you imagine a totally different life from your own in which you will actually make all of these tea concoctions and drink them - getting your money's worth out of the $200 or more you are dropping on tiny tins of tea. And then reality sets in and you drink one or two of the flavors occasionally and the rest sit in the tins for years. Now I go in just for what I want and don't try anything - too easy to be tempted! The teas are great quality - I can easily get 4 cups out of one batch of tea, so the price isn't as bad as it seems; as long as you actually use the tea!
Jess F.
Hauppauge , Ny
I give them an A. Here's why. Yes they can be pricey but well worth it IMHO. Say you go for coffee per cup which most people do, that's anywhere from 2-5 per cup. Just like that your out 25, for 25 worth of tea I've made 60+cups of tea. I love you can sample and smell the tea before buying, you can even get a cup made my fav is dragon fruit devotion, strawberry paraiso, youth berry, oprah chai, blueberry bliss is fab with almost all the teas, pineapple kona, watermelon mint chiller. Accessories are pricey but wait for a sale and sign up for email specials around the sale time you'll get a 10off coupon. I bought an ice tea set with 6 teas and 6tins and a 1lb of rock sugar it was on sale I used a coupon and got it for 40.
Heather L.
Tampa, FL
I love Teavana! I have so many teas from there it's ridiculous! I love the ability to smell and try several different blends and types of teas. You can purchase in as small as 2oz measurements to as much as you'd like. It's really a great way to try different teas and find what you like. You have the option to get sweet or earthy teas and they also have many cups and accessories to go along with them. I prefer the youthberry as well as the pumpkin brule teas! The green teas are packed with energy and so yummy as well! I have a few tumblers that I love from Teavana as well! It's definitely a nice experience visiting the store and also enjoying the teas!
Cara G.
Claysville, PA
Yes, it's a little pricey for tea... But I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for the quality. There is a ever changing "menu" of teas. Be aware that unless you have more restraint then I do, you may end up spending more then you wanted to. The stores offer free samples, which is a great way to taste test a new tea. There is a tea bar there too - so you can buy a cup of tea as well.
Naila K.
Are the teas here worth the price? It seems crazy to me to spend so much on tea.
Stephanie G.
Yonkers, NY
Whats your favorite tea?
Caitlin W.
Monroeville, PA
What everyone's favorite tea!? I want to try some new ones! I love peach tranquility! Any other goodies!
Teresa L.
I'm new to tea. What are some of your flavor recommendations? I really like fruity teas.
Kay K.
I've seen so many negative comments about their salespeople so I have to ask, where on Earth are you people shopping lol? Gotta make sure I don't go to those stores lol.