BY TEAVANA

Teavana
  • "I think this is a great way to get introduced to loose leaf tea - however it is WAY too easy to be intimidated into buy WAY too much tea that you will never drink." in 21 reviews
  • "Sure, Teavana's teas taste great when you sample them at the store, but you have to buy massive amounts of their loose leaf tea and sugar to reproduce the flavor at home." in 9 reviews
  • "And the people who work at the ones I've been to have always been very helpful and knowledgeable." in 5 reviews
  • "The good ones are really good, but still not worth the expense unless you have plenty of disposable income laying around. " in 5 reviews
  • "It's high quality tea, but I have quality loose-leaf tea from other places that didn't cost nearly as much, and the sales people tend to be a little pushy, so it's hard to go in there and just look around without buying anything" in 5 reviews
Christina B.
Uppr Marlboro, MD
Only tea shop I go to. They always have a new product for me every time I come in. They always have something ready for tasting so I always know if I like what I'm getting
Kylee V.
Buffalo, MN
I love tevanna! I was there today. They were the first to introduce me to lose leaf tea. They have wonderful selection of teas and their rock sugar is amazing. I am sad they are closing however.
Jennifer P.
Cedar Rapids, IA
I ADORE Teavana. They got me addicted to their maharaja chai/samurai oolong mix, and the closest store to me is an hour and a half drive south. (They really need to open more stores in my area). So, imagine my surprise when I get to their lovely store in the mall, and find that they're not doing tea service during the holidays. If It would have been during the weekend during Christmas Week, I'd understand. This was December 12th, a Thursday. I was heartbroken and irritated about being refused service. Corporate must've had a change of heart, because when I went to a different location that weekend they did allow me to buy my cup of tea.

The tl;dr: I LOVE their tea, just don't expect a cup during the holidays.
Mary R.
Penns Grove, NJ
I think this is a great way to get introduced to loose leaf tea - however it is WAY too easy to be intimidated into buy WAY too much tea that you will never drink. The salespeople are awesome and show you a zillion ways to mix teas and you imagine a totally different life from your own in which you will actually make all of these tea concoctions and drink them - getting your money's worth out of the $200 or more you are dropping on tiny tins of tea. And then reality sets in and you drink one or two of the flavors occasionally and the rest sit in the tins for years. Now I go in just for what I want and don't try anything - too easy to be tempted! The teas are great quality - I can easily get 4 cups out of one batch of tea, so the price isn't as bad as it seems; as long as you actually use the tea!
Jess F.
Hauppauge, NY
I give them an A. Here's why. Yes they can be pricey but well worth it IMHO. Say you go for coffee per cup which most people do, that's anywhere from 2-5 per cup. Just like that your out 25, for 25 worth of tea I've made 60+cups of tea. I love you can sample and smell the tea before buying, you can even get a cup made my fav is dragon fruit devotion, strawberry paraiso, youth berry, oprah chai, blueberry bliss is fab with almost all the teas, pineapple kona, watermelon mint chiller. Accessories are pricey but wait for a sale and sign up for email specials around the sale time you'll get a 10off coupon. I bought an ice tea set with 6 teas and 6tins and a 1lb of rock sugar it was on sale I used a coupon and got it for 40.
Heather L.
Tampa, FL
I love Teavana! I have so many teas from there it's ridiculous! I love the ability to smell and try several different blends and types of teas. You can purchase in as small as 2oz measurements to as much as you'd like. It's really a great way to try different teas and find what you like. You have the option to get sweet or earthy teas and they also have many cups and accessories to go along with them. I prefer the youthberry as well as the pumpkin brule teas! The green teas are packed with energy and so yummy as well! I have a few tumblers that I love from Teavana as well! It's definitely a nice experience visiting the store and also enjoying the teas!
Cara G.
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, it's a little pricey for tea... But I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for the quality. There is a ever changing "menu" of teas. Be aware that unless you have more restraint then I do, you may end up spending more then you wanted to. The stores offer free samples, which is a great way to taste test a new tea. There is a tea bar there too - so you can buy a cup of tea as well.
Anita C.
Hoboken, NJ
One of my favorite things to buy in Teavana is the favorites sets. That's one of my favorite ways to sample new flavors that I wouldn't have gone out of my way to purchase 2 ounces of. Normally the only way I sample the flavors are from the ones they've brewed in store for me to try. But from the favorites sets I've found newer flavors and combinations that I really enjoy together and really relax me. It is a little expensive but I don't go through it very quickly.
Sarah  A.
I was never a fan of tea AT all until I worked near a Teavana. They offer samples, which I highly suggest you take advantage of that sweet associate standing there just beggingg for you to try some darn tea. The first time I tried it, I came in and purchased some because I was starting to get a sore throat. My favorite teas are white teas and black teas. I highly suggest trying the Monkey Oolong tea. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the insane price. I'll easily spend $60 on one week's worth of tea during the winter. If I received coupons, I would shop there more but they do have the Starbucks card (every 10 cups) which helps.
Baleigh C.
Oregon, OH
I tried this brand of tea for the first time this year. They have amazing herbal tea which I prefer. The smell and taste are amazing. It is kind of expensive but it's worth it
Naila K.
Are the teas here worth the price? It seems crazy to me to spend so much on tea.
Stephanie G.
Yonkers, NY
Whats your favorite tea?
Caitlin W.
Monroeville, PA
What everyone's favorite tea!? I want to try some new ones! I love peach tranquility! Any other goodies!
Teresa L.
I'm new to tea. What are some of your flavor recommendations? I really like fruity teas.
Kay K.
I've seen so many negative comments about their salespeople so I have to ask, where on Earth are you people shopping lol? Gotta make sure I don't go to those stores lol.