BY TATCHA

What it is:
A skin-protecting, makeup-perfecting primer. This featherlight smoothing balm of pressed silk makes makeup last longer while keeping it out of skin, helping to prevent clogged pores and breakouts.

Why it's different:

• Blurs: silk extracts feel nourishing on skin and instantly diminish the look of pores, fines lines and imperfections for the perfect canvas before makeup.
  • Primes: silk powder makes makeup glide on more evenly and last longer, minimizing excess shine with a soft focus finish.
  • Protects: protective barrier derived from botanicals keeps makeup and pollution out of skin that can otherwise lead to clogged pores, breakouts and premature signs of aging.
  • Enhances: pink and gold pearl helps even skin tone for a healthy look.
  • Anti-aging: Hadasei-3, a trinity of Japanese superfoods, visibly restores youthful radiance.

Who it's for:
For All Skin Types. Non-comedogenic. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing. Dermatologist tested.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Ceresin, Titanium Dioxide, Squalane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sericin, Hydrolyzed Silk, Silk Powder, Caesalpinia Spinosa Fruit Extract, Kappaphycus Alvarezii Extract, Yeast Extract, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Disodium Edta, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica (Ci 77019), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491)

Formulated without:
Parabens, synthetic fragrances, mineral oil, sulfate detergents, phthalates, urea, DEA or TEA.

• Can everybody PLEASE report the review that say they paid $1 for ...2 Answers
  • TATCHA The Silk Canvas who else is dying to get their hands on th...5 Answers
  • Is this mattifying? The description doesnt ou right say it but it...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "i purchased this tatcha primer when it launched and wore it every day for the last week and honestly i’m on the fence, it has a nice smell, beautiful packaging the product is very silky smooth. it doesn’t fill in my pores as well as other primers and it doesn’t combat oil so have to use another primer with it. i’m going to keep it and continue to use it but i don’t think it’s going to be a holy grail product for me" in 3 reviews
Anna D.
San Jose , CA
This looks stunning in person, pictures don’t do it justice. It looks like a piece of art, making it the perfect item to display on your vanity! Applying this, it went on silky (true to name) and melts right into the skin, leaving behind a soft makeup base. I noticed my pores were definitely minimized and my makeup wore better than usual! The one thing that concerns me about this primer is that I find myself getting oilier as the day goes on. Thus, while this claims to control oil, I don't think I can agree. However, if you have drier skin, I feel like this would be an amazing primer where you won't have to touch up much throughout the day. Still, I enjoy this primer as it gives my skin a blurred appearance while prolonging the wear of my foundation. This is just something you have to try for yourself!
Ellie S.
Morrow, OH
I absolutely LOVE this product. I love the packaging, it's very pretty yet simple. I'm not too crazy about the little coin scraper, however I do like that it allows me to make sure I'm not using too much product. I've tested the primer out using a few of my favorite foundations.
When applying the primer it is a little thicker of consistency and almost feels like a moisturizer. It makes me skin feel silky smooth without feeling slippery. I did notice a nice blurring effect on my pores. Overall my foundations lasted me the entire day without really settling into any fine lines. I didn't notice it controlling oils but it did help fill my pores. I will def. be using this again and I do think it's worth the pricier price tag. TATCHA The Silk Canvas
Venus O.
Mequon, WI
If you are in the market for a high end primer/ skincare then you should try the @tatcha silk canvas. This is a primer that blurs, primes, color corrects, and has anti-aging and protection against the pollution. You only need a small amount and even the amount that they recommend is a little too much, in my opinion.
This works so beautifully on my skin. It felt like butter going on and it smelt so good! As I wore this throughout the day, my skin just felt better and better. I highly recommend this product!TATCHA The Silk Canvas
Riya D.
Hillsborough, NJ
I've tried my fair share of primers, including popular primers from top makeup brands like Too Faced, Becca, Tarte, etc but never found one that I felt actually made much of a difference. The Silk Canvas changed the game! You can literally feel your skin becoming smoother as you apply it to your face. This primer makes liquid foundation glide on easily and evenly, and smooths out any imperfections and pores. I'm also used to needing a loooot of product with other primers I've tried - One of the best things about this one is that a little bit goes a very long way, so it will last so much longer! You really only need a tiny amount of this product - applying in excess has the potential to make your face appear oily because the primer is so moisturizing.
Lisa C.
Boston, MA
I have been using this for almost a month now and I have never ever been happier. I have used the benefit porefessional, becca primer, makeup forever primer, drugstore primers and the Ordinary primer but nothing comes close to the results I get with the Silk canvas. It is by far the best primer I have ever used for masking my pores and making my skin look smooth under foundation. It masks the texture in my skin much better than any primer I have ever used. This is a great investment and I would recommend anyone with large pores and texture to invest in this product or at least get a tester.

P.S i use this as an eyeshadow primer too and it works beautifully. Makes blending super easy. Love it
Haley H.
First of all, Tatcha is an amazing brand. The packing is absolutely gorgeous. If you're looking for a high end primer, this is it. It comes with a flat scoop to help you get the right amount of product. It melts into the skin very well and it gives a flawless finish to makeup. It also helps intensify makeup and blocks out toxins. If you have oily skin, this may make your skin a bit too oily, maybe just use less product. I have drier skin and it definitely helped retain moisture more than I am used to. I really love the overall look this primer gives to makeup. It's also great as an eye shadow primer.
Taylor T.
Oklahoma City, OK
I’m having a hard time writing this. I wanted this to work so badly. I tried a few different foundations and applied as directed, but no matter what I did it just. Looked. So. Bad. I have very dry skin, and this felt good going on, but it only made things worse throughout the day. It made my foundation “last” but it was weirdly separated into these dots, and around my chin makeup literally would not stick. It just clung to my dry patches, nothing about this was smoothing for me. My pores got clogged. It’s disappointing because I’m not afraid to spend money on good skincare/makeup, so I expected to look amazing. I’ll stick to the cleansing oil I guess :(
Chelsea D.
I bought this product from Sephora and I have had it for about a month now. At first it was fine I didn’t really notice anything special with my skin. I then, noticed it balling up on my face? Not sure what that was about. I figured I wasn’t letting my skincare soak into my skin long enough beforehand. So I quit using it and I then watched some reviews seeing how other people was applying it. So I started by taking it one portion of my face at a time. I looooooove it!!!! I received so many compliments on how my face looked flawless. So happy with this. I just gave it some time and it worked beautifully. I’d recommend to everyone!
Marti W.
I was pretty disappointed in this product. It is very oily and moves around if you touch your face. I also don’t really see any difference. I do not wear foundation and I generally just wear a little concealer everyday. I was mostly looking to improve my skins appearance and block pollutants. I felt it clogged my pores a bit and left a light cast on my skin. I tried this many times with different quantity and different skincare products but it just wasn’t for me. I love most of tatcha’s products that I’ve tried but this was the first one I have been totally disappointed by. As other tatcha products are, this is wildly overpriced. Would not recommend. One star for signature tatcha scent.
Kinady W.
Shelby
I have been using this primer for about a week. The first time I used it I hated it, it felt heavy and didn’t feel like it did much for my overall makeup look for that high of a price point. I now am on day five and I must say I misjudged this. It is freaking amazing. It blurs Emmy pores into oblivion. Keeps my makeup on longer and I don’t start to separate as soon as normal. My overall favorite thing about this primer though is how it makes me look airbrushed, it definitely upped my beauty game.
Daphne W.
Willoughby, OH
TATCHA The Silk Canvas who else is dying to get their hands on this??
Sandy C.
Winters, CA
Sephora is out of stock! Where else can I pick this up?
Ashley F.
Las Vegas, NV
I have pitted acne scars, Has any one tried it on uneven texture or acne scars? how well does it smooth out the skin? TATCHA The Silk Canvas
Taylor R.
Peninsula , OH
Am I the only one that is not getting an accurate description of the product from these reviews? Has anyone actually used this product. lol. These reviews are so generic you could copy paste them to any product, I feel. :(
Jennifer O.