MakeupFace MakeupFace PrimerTatcha
The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer

What it is: A weightless, oil-free liquid primer that protects skin from pollutants and makeup while helping your look go on better and last longer.

Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily

Skincare Concerns: Pores, Redness, and Dullness and Uneven Texture

Formulation: Liquid

Highlighted Ingredients:
- Thin Layers of Silk (Fibroin, Sericin, and Silk Powder): Diminish the look of pores, fines lines, and imperfections for the perfect canvas before makeup.
- Anti-pollution Natural Actives: Help keeps makeup and pollution out of skin that can otherwise lead to clogged pores, breakouts, and premature signs of aging.
- Tatcha's Signature Hadasei-3: Restores a healthy-looking, youthful radiance with nourishing green tea, rice, and algae.

Ingredient Callouts: This product is cruelty-free.

What Else You Need to Know: The bestselling, innovative silk formula is now available in a weightless, oil-free liquid. Thin layers of silk and a special blend of botanical extracts act as a barrier between makeup and skin, helping to prevent clogged pores that can lead to breakouts. The result is healthy-looking skin as lustrous and smooth as silk.

Clinical Results: Expert grader assessment results, immediately after use:
- 100% demonstrated an improvement in skin tone
- 98% demonstrated an improvement in the appearance of pores
- 93% demonstrated an improvement in skin texture

2 weeks after use:
- 90% demonstrated an improvement in the appearance of winkles
- 98% demonstrated an improvement in the appearance of fine lines

Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.

Which would you suggest this liquid version or the original version? [product:tatcha-the-liquid-silk-canvas:-featherweight-protective-primer]
Is this primer any good for dry skin?
Is this primer good?
Start your review of TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer!
Amanda S.
Kearneysville, WV
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Amanda S.
Wow I really like this. I’m actually does what it claims. It blurred my pores, made my skin and complexion look very flattering even alone without foundation. This purchase was a great one. Overall I’m very satisfied and I will continue to purchase this. I highly recommend. If you have any questions feel free to comment or message me.☺️😉 Btw this came from QVC with blotting papers for a great price— under $60.
Tabi W.
Vista, CA
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Tabi W.
Purchased at: Sephora
OMG!!! I bought this primer last night after hearing the hype and let me tell you it’s a game changer. My makeup looked so flawless😍😍😍
Barbara I.
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Barbara I.
Purchased at: Sephora
I absolutely fell in love with this primer! It is a Oil Free featherweight protective primer that feels amazing on my skin. I have combination skin, but love a little bit of extra hydration, so this was a perfect fit. Would highly recommend for someone with Combination-Dry skin. Get your hands on it, worth the price.
Amy O.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Amy O.
Decided to see if Tatcha was really worth all the hype, so I got the mini to try... I’ve used this for the past week and I LOVE it. It’s so lightweight and not sticky at all. Does a decent job at blurring my pores and leaves my skin SO soft. The faint scent is nice and clean, like something you’d smell at an expensive day spa. I’m definitely buying the full size when this runs out.
Julie C.
Elmwood Park, IL
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Julie C.
Purchased at: Sephora
If you don’t already own this primer, hurry up and take advantage of Sephora’s spring savings event. This primer is soft and silky and leaves you with a flawless face. I’m already purchasing another while I can save 20%!
Jyotsna G.
San Jose, CA
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Jyotsna G.
Its so beautiful, this product ia so smooth and silky. I have tried a bunch of different primers but hands down ill have to say this is my favorite. My skin is combination and in the beginning I thought it would make my skin oily but it just created an amazing canvas for me to built on like literally!
Brittney S.
Costa Mesa, CA
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Brittney S.
I had heard about this from a friend and bought it but when purchased I was disappointed. I don’t know if it was that I don’t usually apply too much primer but the application made my skin look super dry and flaky. I immediately returned because even when applying makeup it looked weird. I love more hydrating primers like the smashbox primerizer photo finish because it has the moisturizer too.
Rachel Z.
Westborough, MA
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Rachel Z.
I was SO lucky to get this from Influenster in a vox box one time and I have used it ever since. This is without a doubt the best primer I’ve ever used. When I’m looking for a more natural look, sometimes I just use this primer and a very light tint and I always love the way it looks. I could not recommend enough. It comes with a fairly heavy price tag, but I’ve found it lasts a long time.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Viridiana M.
Vallejo, CA
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Viridiana M.
Purchased at: Sephora
Es un Primer hermoso cumple lo que promete Mati física y ayuda a disimular los poros y las líneas de expresión cualquier base quedaría hermosa con este primer hidrata y ya sé que tu maquillaje dure todo el día
Alicia H.
1,350 reviews
TATCHA The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer uploaded by Alicia H.
I love Tatcha and have recently gotten a little haul for myself. That haul included this - The Liquid Silk Canvas. Its described and marketed as a feather light weight protective primer that is oil free, makes makeup last, and reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines by softly blurring. To use, apply 1 pump to skin after SPF is applied, and before makeup application. On the skin, it feels very light and fresh. Its very lightly scented with the signature Tatcha smell. I find for my skin, personally, it instantly blurs and reduces the look of my pores. Particularly in my problem areas, which are my nose and cheeks to the side of my nose. Its a great base for makeup, makes makeup look smoother, does not pill, and settles into the skin wonderfully. It also makes my makeup last longer. Overall, I would have to definitely reccommend!

341 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Deborah T.
Forty Fort, PA
il y a 3 mois
Charlotte A. il y a 11 jours
In my experience, both products worked remarkably well for my skin. The liquid silk makes my skin really smooth and the setting powder gives me a healthy subtle matte look as finish.