BY TATCHA

What it is:
A daily 7-second ritual to reveal your softest, most youthful skin. This resurfacing softener of 98.7% pure anti-aging Japanese superfoods makes all skincare work better.

Why it's different:

• Anti-aging: Pure concentration of 98.7% Hadasei-3TM, a superfluid of Japan’s three essential nutrients of Green Tea, Rice and Algae for skin health and youthful radiance.
  • Smoothing & Resurfacing: The natural fermentation of these nutrients produces lactic acid, helping to increase cell turnover, improve skin texture and create a smooth luster.
  • Plumping Hydration: Instantly doubles skin’s natural moisture content, above and beyond the results from a moisturizer, and softens & plumps away fine lines & wrinkles.
  • Maximizes Performance of All Skincare: Skin’s water channels are flush with lasting hydration, which creates a pathway to deliver treatments more deeply, amplifying their effectiveness.

Who it's for:
Universal – all ages and skin types. Oil-Free. Non-comedogenic. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing. Dermatologist tested.

How to Use:
Use daily, after cleansing and before any other skincare. Pour a palmful of The Essence into your hand, press your palms together and press gently into the skin on your face and neck.

Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Propanediol, Soy Amino Acids, Yeast Extract, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine, Phenoxyethanol

Formulated Without:
Mineral Oil, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, Pegs, Ppgs, Dea, Tea, Urea Or Phthalates.

• Would loove to try this one!! Does it leave your skin lik...2 Answers
  • I've tried this once or twice since I got it from Sephora...1 Answers
  • Anyone with sensitive skin have used this? How good is it...1 Answers
TATCHA The Essence
  • "Love anything Tatcha!!!! Wonderful skin line!! I feel like a geisha, with the most beautiful skin! Nourishing and illuminating! " in 16 reviews
  • "Loooove it. I use it every morning after cleansing and before my toner. I have super dry skin so it helps to hydrate and leaves my skin looking and feeling so soft and supple." in 12 reviews
Wendie W.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I use Tatcha The Essence Plumping Skin Softener twice a day, in the a.m. after washing my face and before Makeup and in the evening after cleansing! The bottles design makes sure you get the right amount WITHOUT wasting ANY product!! I have oily/acne prone skin and this has NOT caused ANY problems! It does Not give me a greasy or oily feel! It has defiantly caused fine lines and wrinkles to plump and has caused an over all smoothness to my face! I’m in LOVE! I just gently pat this in to my face, neck and décolletage after cleansing my face!! I LOVE it and highly recommend it for daily use to all you loves!! It HIGHLY worth the cost! Will be repurchasing!
Kimberly F.
Kansas City
Last November, I got REALLY serious about my skin care. I purchased the Tatcha starter kit for normal-oily skin, and fell in love with the oil cleanser, liked the rice powder, and loved the water cream, but it wasn’t until this past month that I realized, the product out of that set that really made the difference in the absorption was The Essence. I have continued to use the water cream, and good genes, and Luna Oil, but my skin doesn’t look as good as it did last year. The only thing missing? The Essence. I hadn’t continued to purchase it because the price point was so high, and I thought that the other (expensive) products I was using were what was making my skin so soft and supple... but nope! It’s The Essence! I ordered a sample sized bottle (which will last me about a month) to double check my findings, and sure enough, beautiful skin is back. Don’t even bother with another Essence, make the investment.
Kyndall M.
Sidney, NE
I really do like this product! I received it as a sample from Sephora and I used the entire thing! The smell was nice and fresh and it made my skin feel extra moisturized! I put this on before my moisturizer and I love how my skin feels
Erika J L.
Bryn Mawr
This product is my solution for dry, dehydrated skin. I have also noticed an increased effectiveness of my other skin care products. This makes my skin feel hydrated all day, and does a nice job at plumping fine lines and wrinkles. Definitely a product I will purchase again.
Nadia Z.
Atlanta, GA
After a lot of searching for an essence that will work for my skin, tatcha comes thru for me once again! I have been using the travel size version of this but in that bottle you get a lot of product! It is the lightest water essence i have tried and it really does absorb in 7 seconds! Just one tilt of this bottle and the right amount of product comes out and i pat it into my skin. I use this day and night after cleansing and before moisturizer. I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now and I’ve noticed that my redness is less and it doesn’t harm my sensitive and acne prone skin. The hydration feels great too. I will definitely repurchase. If you aren’t sure try the travel size.
Kristina M.
Eustis, FL
Everything anyone could EVER need. I love how nice and soft my skin feels after patting this on! It is SO gentle and I think it would be appropriate for ANY skin type. I will buy and buy until they make something better. LOOOOOOVE! TATCHA The Essence
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood , OH
So pricey but so worth it! This essence makes my skin feel so more healthy and glowing. I apply this after my cleaner and prior to my other serums and treatments. This helps the other products to absorb more deeply into the skin so that they work better. A little goes a long way too! I highly recommend if you are a skin care addict!
Cat A.
Absolutely in love with this product. I was very hesitant to get it solely because of the price at first so I snagged it during the 20% off Sephora Rouge sale. Very happy I went for it. This essence does not have a scent. I pour a small amount into my palm, the product doesn't pour out fast so I can control how much I want. I softly pat the essence into my skin after toning and before the rest of my skincare. The first time I used this I immediately noted how hydrated and glowing my skin appeared. The serum and moisturizer I applied after seemed to absorbed much faster as well. One of my favorite skincare products, Tatcha is a must have brand.
Noe E.
Honolulu, HI
IMO an essence is not necessary at all. If you can shell out $95 for a bottle of fermented water ...good for you! ...and me.

Yes an essence feels great on the skin. They should help with hydration and allows the next products to better absorb into the skin.

As for this Tatcha essence, I can't say I see or feel a different in my skin texture (softness, firmness, plumpness, etc). I can't tell whether or not this actually helps the next products penetrate my skin better. After I cleanse and tone, I splash a couple of drops into my hand and press into my skin. For a 5 oz bottle, $95 isn't bad. Will not repurchase. Again, this feels nice and luxurious on the skin! How can I justify $95 of fermented water...

I’ve tried almost all of Tatcha products, all amazing and luxurious. However I feel this product is completely unnecessary.
Brittany B.
Hudson
I have been using this product for about a month now and I have been really enjoying it! I use it morning and night all over my face and neck and my skin has been incredibly soft. There is not much of a difference with my skin tone but  I am happy with this product and plan to buy it again when I run out!
Adoree S.
Toronto
Do you put this on before or after toner?
Megan H.
How is this product? Does it actually really for sensitive skin, dry skin, and eczema? TATCHA The Essence
Shannon V.
Sherman Oaks
Do you use this in place of a serum or oil? Who finds it is best used both am and pm. I’ve never tried Tatcha products and I’m so curious and this line!
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
I am thinking about purchasing this but for such a high price I would love to know how anyone who has used this thinks about it? How great does it work? Is it worth the money?
Jinny ♡.
Los Angeles, CA
How does this compare to SK-II Facial Treatment Essence? Seems similar as both products are fermented. Would like to know everyone’s thoughts

Sephora