BY TATCHA

What it is:
Inspired by the geisha's iconic makeup, we created this invisible, lightweight sunscreen to perfect and protect skin, making it an elegant, everyday essential.

Why it’s different:
Provides broad spectrum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. Non-greasy formula tightens pores, perfect as a primer for makeup.

Who it’s for:
All skin-types. Non-comedogenic. Does not contain mineral oil, aminobenzoic acid, homosalate, oxybenzone or octinoxate.

How to Use:

Use liberally after moisturizer to lock in hydration, at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. If wearing makeup, use before applying cosmetics. It also works as a primer that refines and minimizes the appearance of pores.

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 15%, Octisalate 5%

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Hdi/trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Eriobotrya Japonica Leaf Extract, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate (Licorice Extract), Glycyrrhiza Inflata (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Sericin (Silk Extract), Algae Extract, Lecithin, Inositol (Rice Extract), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sorbitan Tristearate, Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine, Silica, Potassium Sorbate, Beheneth-20, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Titanium Dioxide, Methicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Iron Oxides (Ci77491), Tin Oxide, Mica, Fragrance (Natural), Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

Formulated without:
Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

Jennifer S.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
Have been using this for about a week and so far I love it. I don’t know if I will repurchase just because I can see going through this pretty quickly and it is very pricey... but anyways...

PROS:
-The smell is nice. A mix of the usual Tatcha scent and the usual scent of sunscreen.
-Does not irritate my skin
-Makes my skin very soft!
-Wears well between my morning moisturizer and foundation.
-Does provide some pore blurring but not completely.

CONS:
-The price! I have to use a decent amount to make sure I am fully protected from the sun so I’m not sure how long a tube will last. The price is insane for the amount of product you get and the price will be the only thing that may make me reconsider buying this again.

Update on 6/20/18: unfortunately for my wallet, I think I will be buying this once I run out. I absolutely love how it wears under my makeup and how it makes my skin/makeup look. My poor wallet is in the corner crying as put this product on a pedestal 😬
Carmen B.
Best sunscreen out there! Obsessed! I will never go without this daily sunscreen. First of all, I have sun spots and malasma, so I am religious about sunscreen. I have done a lot of research on sunscreen and zinc oxide is the best sunscreen for hyper pigmentation. You want at least 15%, which this one has. Second, most zinc oxide based sunscreens with this level of percentage usually leaves a horrible white cast, but this one does not! It actually has a wonderful blurring effect on your skin. Third, I have large pores, and when I wear this under foundation, it makes a huge difference. It is better than any pore reducing primer and I have tried many. Lastly, I have oily skin and this has an almost matifying effect. No greasiness at all. It’s pricey, but worth every penny!
Lachae S.
Miami
Purchased at: Sephora
I like this sunscreen, however, I find it difficult to remove when I wash my face at the end of the day. Therefore, it has a tendency to clog pores if not washed off properly. I used to have to wash my face twice but if you have an oil cleanser, it should be easier to remove. The other caveat is that it’s pretty thick and if you don’t rub it in well enough, it’ll leave a white cast on your face. It does make my skin seem a bit smoother (the “pore perfecting” effect), however, it can make my skin a bit shiny and that’s an issue, especially since you’re supposed to reapply your sunscreen throughout the day. I do like that it doesn’t pill (ball up in little beads) while rubbing it into my skin. Overall, it’s a decent sunscreen, but for $65 and I could find pharmaceutical grade sunscreens for cheaper AND that do a better job (like PCA or SkinCeuticals), I wouldn’t repurchase.
Marti W.
I’m not entirely sure if this product does much to improve my skin, but I have really enjoyed using it the past few months. It doesn’t clog my pores and it is very smooth. I love the matte finish and I find it isn’t too heavy. I do really like the smell and the satin-like feel it gives to my skin. I have two travel size of these and I use regularly. A little does go a long way. I’m not sure if I’d buy the full size just because it is so expensive. I also feel this works better as a primer than the tatcha silk canvas.
Kelly T.
Leland, NC
THE BEST. I love Tatcha. Their products never disappoint,This is one of the only sunscreens that does not break me out and can be worn under foundation as a primer and for extra SPF. It smells amazing. I love this to the moon in back. If you want a good primer that has SPF this is a good splurge.
Deeann A.
Oklahoma City, OK
I finally broke down and bought this after eyeing it for a month. I have large pores and the fact it mentioned blurring pores is what really sucked me in. I wouldn't say it necessarily does that, but it goes on and sinks in quickly and looks great under make up while still providing protection. It also didn't break me out which some facial sunscreens have done. So id call it a win
Katy L.
Glendale, AZ
this is the best suncreen I've ever used! I live in AZ with sensitive dry skin. This sunscreen applies very smoothly and does not clog pores. It is a must have skincare product to product my skin from aging and sun damage and I will not leave the house without it. It comes in a very cute packaging. I use to buy this from Sephora whenever they have the 10% sale but recently found them on the Costco website for a much better deal at their  regular price.
Jordan E.
This product is (unfortunately for my wallet) fantastic. It smoothes on nicely and is very lightweight. It vaguely smells like sunscreen but the smell dissipates rapidly. I use more than I expected with each use, but it feels great on the skin. It helps my make up stay put longer and truly makes my pores look great. (I have naturally large pores, and although I use Benefit Porefessional everyday on my nose, this makes my pores look even better.) I’ve noticed a definite difference in my pores over time. I have dry skin and this doesn’t dry my skin out at all. I love the high SPF and pollution protection too! It’s very expensive, but worth it if skincare and make up are important to you.
Veronica A.
N Chelmsford, MA
I really love this. I was trying to incorporate sunscreen into my morning routine but I hate the smell and feel of traditional sunscreens under my makeup (and I wear a lot of makeup sometimes). This one claims it can be used as a primer too so that caught my attention plus Tatcha was having a good promo so I took a leap of faith. It’s great as a primer and I love that sunscreen finally has a place in my routine the only down side is the price. It’s definitely high end status for a sunscreen but I’ve bought primers that were more expensive. Being a 2 in 1 product justified this purchase for me but if you don’t care about the priming factors I’m sure you could find a cheaper better alternative for you.
Jessica L.
Auburn
I’m very picky about the products I use on my face especially sunscreen because a lot of them can be very thick and clog pores. However, this is not the case for this sunscreen. Although it does smell like sunscreen, it feels more lightweight and smooth on the skin. I trust tatcha products a lot due to their high quality and the fact that they incorporate good skin care into all of their products. This sunscreen works great under makeup too. I tend to have an oily T zone and this product does not make it worse or make my makeup look gross and slide all over the place. I definitely recommend putting it on your neck and ears as well. Perfect face sunscreen for the hot summer months!
Andrea H.
Does this leave the face oily?? (Please don't answer unless you have tried it)
Hira Q.
Fredericksbrg, VA
Is this an oil absorbing sunscreen? I'm looking for something that won't leave me looking like a grease ball come the afternoon!
Erin D.
Pittsford , NY
I'm trying to compare this to the Drunk Elephant sunscreen... pros or cons?!
Kelly K.
Clovis, CA
Could this be used as a makeup primer for dry skin? If so, is it effective as a primer in keeping foundation on longer?
Jenny D.
It is sticky or leave the white cast after you out it on?

Sephora