BY TATCHA #79 in Facial Cleansers

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

What it is:
A beautiful blend of Camellia and Rice Bran oils. A gentle, two-in-one makeup remover and cleanser that melts away even waterproof makeup, leaving behind purified, silky soft skin.

Why it’s different:
Nutrient-rich Camellia and Rice Bran oils combine to beautify skin, emulsifying completely with no residue.

Who it’s for:
All skin types. Non-comedogenic. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing. Dermatologist tested.

How to Use:
Begin with dry hands and a dry face. Apply 1-2 pumps into the palm of your hand and massage onto face, including around the eyes. Rinse off with warm water. The oil will emulsify into a milk and effortlessly melt away makeup and debris.

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Aqua/Water/Eau, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Formulated without:
Mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, parabens, PEGs, PPGs, DEA, TEA, urea or phthalates.

• Do you feel this really gets everything off, or do you ne...5 Answers
  • Does this burn your eyes? I have very sensitive eyes7 Answers
  • Why do you love this product and how does it help you? I'...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I was hesitant to try oil to clean my face since I have very sensitive skin, but this is awesome! I use it to remove my makeup easily, even mascara, and it doubles as a face cleanser too. At first, using the oil is strange, but it leaves my skin so soft that now I don't think I'll use anything else! I follow this up with Tatcha's exfoliating rice powder, then apply serum or moisturizer. My skin is luminous now!" in 37 reviews
Kat J.
This duo was worth every penny!!! What better way to try out these amazing skincare products from Tatcha?? I got this at Sephora,... This included a deluxe sized Pure One-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil and Polished Classic Enzyme Rice Powder.

I already knew I loved the Camellia Cleansing Oil, so I was happy to get a travel size of this tried-and-true product. It’s the only cleansing oil I truly swear by,... This is the first oil I used that didn't leave some sort of film on my skin after rinsing, and completely took every single ounce of my makeup off. My face was soft and clean, no oil residue, and no trace of makeup,... I didn't even know how to mentally process the results. I kept touching my face. I didn't know a cleansing oil could be like this. It’s literally awe-inspiring.

As for the Rice Enzyme Powder, this is hands down one of the best exfoliating products I’ve ever used. The packaging is genius, allowing you to dispense the exact perfect amount of powder for every use. You mix it with water in your hands and apply to your clean face, and scrub away. It’s so gentle, and yet you can feel it really getting all of the leftover dead skin off of your face. Some exfoliators can be so harsh and rough, they make your skin feel raw when you’re done using them. This Rice Enzyme Powder isn’t anything like that. It’s like a miracle product.

The best part of this set is that even though the sizes may seem small, I’ve been using these Tatcha skincare products weekly for months now and they aren’t even close to being finished. It’s inspired me to buy the full sizes of these products once I finish these,... The amazing results and good value really speak for themselves. I am a Tatcha believer and I highly recommend both of these skincare saviors!!
S K.
The one step camellia oil is a fairly good, if expensive, first step facial oil cleanser.

I tested it on a face with medium coverage foundation, primer, waterproof eyeliner, and water resistant mascara. The oils in this cleanser don't 'glide' like certain other oils and oil cleansers- it takes some gentle pushing to get it around your skin. It's pretty good at breaking foundation and primer up pretty quickly, and would be a good product for people who don't wear particularly heavy coverage. Full coverage foundations might need more oil than stated on the product.

The oil itself started the process of breaking down my mascara and eyeliner (both of which are very resistant to being moved), but didn't remove them- I had raccoon eyes after cleansing. They were sufficiently broken down enough that using a micellar water afterwards removed them very fast.

The cleanser isn't overly moisturising, and people with very dry skin like myself should move on to that step quickly. It is, however, not prone to making the skin overly dry, either.

This product is probably best for slightly dry to very oily skin- the very dry might find it a bit too much. For the price point, you are getting good quality, but nothing breathtaking.
Carmen F.
Plymouth , IN
First of all- I LOVE THIS! When I read “oil cleanser” I wasn’t convinced bc oil makes my combination skin worse but this is seriously the jackpot. You apply 3-5 pumps on your dry face, with dry hands, and massage until you get all the makeup off. Then you rinse with warm water and pay dry. This gets my full face makeup off in one step and doesn’t leave my skin oily, over dry, anything but C L E A N. After work I can get lazy with my makeup but knowing I have this one step cleanser helps so much! It is a little pricey but definitely worth it! TATCHA Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
Steph O.
Brooklyn, NY
This tatcha one step camilla cleanser was my first introduction to the world of oil cleansers.
At the beginning, I used this cleanser every night (even on the night I didn’t wear makeup) before going in with my Dr.Jart foaming cleanser.  The oil felt very nice on my face, so soft and gentle. I rubbed it with circular motion all around my face for a minute or so before rinsing with water. My face was left feeling clean, but super soft. After few weeks of using it every night as a first step cleanser, I decided to use it only on the days I wore makeup. It did a decent job at removing my makeup. After few circular motions, the foundation would turn into a mess, as well as my brows and lipstick. Eyes, on the other hand, were a bit tricker. I didn’t want to get oil into my eyes, so I was very careful rubbing the oil around my lids. It took a little bit more time to remove the eyeshadow, but as far as mascara, that didn’t budge. I had to manually scrape off the mascara from my lashes, the oil wasn’t able to resolve that.
All in all, this cleanser was a pleasure to use. It looks luxurious, and it didn’t worsen the state of my skin, I just wished it was stronger at removing the eye makeup.
Nadia Z.
Atlanta, GA
My new holy grail for removing my makeup! I bought the travel size just to see if my sensitive skin would like it and I’ve been using it for a month now and i am really liking it that i went to Sephora and bought the larger bottle. The larger bottle you can turn the pump to lock it so you can travel with it. Easy application and i massage it in for 10 seconds or so and then wash it off my face with just water. I go in with my cleanser but the site says you don’t have too. It takes off everything in those 10 seconds-bright longwearing lipstick, foundation and eye makeup. Mascara does take a little more time to take off so i usually keep my ‘oily’ fingers on my lashes for a few seconds then start to massage the mascara off. It’s not as fast as a micellar water for mascara but it will all come off. Doesn’t bother my eyes either. I’m so happy i stumbled upon this oil and this line!
Sarah L.
I had this on my Sephora 'Loves' list forever but held off on purchasing it due to the price and because my face is usually and oil slick, and despite everything I had read, I was skeptical of using oil as a first step in cleansing, well, oil. I am so glad I finally took the plunge and bought it! Tatcha's Camellia Cleansing Oil is life changing. I use 3-4 pumps before the Rice Enzyme Powder both am and pm, and it gets all of the gunk and oil off of my skin. I just splash my face to get it off (the oil slips right off of your skin), and then lightly run a warm washcloth over my face for good measure. My oily skin gets a thorough cleansing in just a couple of minutes. There's no offensive smell, and the packaging is classic Tatcha: there's no mess, no excessive product spills out, and the bottle is sleek. My one gripe (if you can even call it that) is that since the bottle is opaque, you can't see how much you have left.

If you're put off by the price point or just unsure of the product, there are a couple of sample sets on both Sephora's and Tatcha's websites, and Tatcha.com sells single sample sizes of almost all of their products.
Kat J.
I thought I knew what a cleansing oil was,... I thought all cleansing oils were the same. I don't know what I was thinking. I was so incredibly wrong and misled. I received a small sample and after using this Tatcha Camellia cleansing oil, I am a changed woman. I have NEVER used a product like this before, and I am absolutely in love. This is the first oil I've tried that didn't leave some sort of film on my skin after rinsing, and completely took every single ounce of my makeup off. My face was soft and clean, no oil residue, and no trace of makeup,... I didn't even know how to mentally process these results. I kept touching my face. I didn't know a cleansing oil could be like this. I will be buying a full size immediately. After seeing what Tatcha can do, I feel like the price is totally worth it!!
Tonya W.
Love this cleansing oil! Removes all my makeup including mascara. Rinses clean and doesn’t strip my skin or leave a film. I use this as my first cleanse. I massage it into my skin saving my eyes for last so I don’t spread mascara all over my face. Then I wet my hands and start rubbing it again. The oil turns milky and then I’m able to wipe it cleanly away with a soft cloth. My skin or dry and very sensitive so finding good products that don’t irritate my skin can be hard. This one is perfect!!
Taylor A.
I love this cleansing oil. I love the concept of the oil it breaks down my make up very easily. The packaging is very beautiful. I bought mine from Sephora it is a bit pricey but they have smaller sizes available that are cheaper. I love Tatcha it it’s one of my favorite brands.Please my skin healthy and beautiful looking. It literally cleans my skin. I would definitely recommend to anybody who is looking for a cleanser that has antiaging properties and leaves your skin more radiant looking.
Marti W.
This product changed my entire skincare routine. I have had a difficult time sticking to a regimen because I usually get dried out very fast and can not get into a good routine with products. I am now able to keep up with a regimen daily and my skin is looking better. I love the smell and I am usually sensitive to fragrance. I also dry out easily and have very sensitive skin, but this never dried me out even when using 2x/day. It makes my skin feel soft and gives it a nice glow. Took off one star for the price. I would recommend trying the sensitive skin starter set or just buying the travel size of this product if you are on the fence!
Sarah D.
Bourne, MA
Is this really good at removing makeup? I've used juice beauty cleansing oil and loved it, but am interested in TATCHa
Brandy G.
Does this burn your eyes? I have very sensitive eyes
samantha e.
San Jose, CA
Do you feel this really gets everything off, or do you need a makeup wipe beforehand/different cleanser after?
Brittany E.
Georgetown , DE
How is this at taking off makeup? I have found most oils are hit and miss when it comes to completely removing makeup.
Joanna R.
Farmington, MI
I want to try the tacha but too expensive. Is it worth it? Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

back