BY TATCHA

What it is:
A water-activated enzyme powder exfoliant and cleanser of Rice Bran, papaya enzymes and our anti-aging HADASEI-3™ Complex. Reveals skin's natural gleam.

Why it's different:
Exfoliates and tones without harsh abrasives for smooth, bright, baby-soft skin.

Who it's for:
For dry skin, created with soothing Licorice Root extract. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing. Dermatologist tested.

How to Use:

Begin with wet hands and a wet face. Pour about half a teaspoon into hands, add water and rub hands together to create a creamy foam. Massage gently onto a wet face in circular motions for 10-20 seconds, avoiding eyes. Rinse and revel in your soft, smooth skin.

Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Papain, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Mica (Ci 77019)

Formulated without:
Parabens, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

Buy on Sephora
  • "I will say that this product is pricey, but a little goes a long, long way. I have extremely sensitive, break-out prone skin and have some prescription skin care products that I use because of that that tend to restrict the other products I can use on my face. Mostly because one of the products I use, benzoyl peroxide, makes my skin very sensitive and can't stand any sort of exfoliant no matter how flakey I get. This powder is so gentle it does not irritate my skin at all and it feels baby soft after using. Something about it kind of reminds me of calamine lotion you use when you have chicken pox, in the literal texture of the paste it makes. It doesn't have much of a smell at all, just how you'd expect rice paste to smell. I love that I can use this to exfoliate even when I have major breakouts because it's so gentle and not gritty. I don't know why but I also feel like I've used a serum after I wash this off, I don't know why, but I love it. 100% recommend. " in 13 reviews
Emily A.
Hartville, OH
I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about this product. I'm trying it in conjunction with a few other Tatcha products that I purchased in a trial size value set, which was $65 at Sephora (a steal in comparison to the price tag on full size Tatcha items) I have combination skin and while the foam really helps my oily areas feel squeaky clean, the rice grains are just not abrasive or exfoliating enough for my dry patches. I'm not noticing a huge difference with the texture of my skin, and I was really expecting that baby smooth, polished feeling. It's just not happening, and for a splurge especially at this price point I like to see some noticeable improvements in my skin. I do love the packaging, it feels very luxury and the sliding tab helps to keep the fine powder from being wasted or spilled, and allows for more control when dispensing the product. Hopefully with continued use I start seeing better results.
Alicia P.
Doraville, GA
Love love love this product. I actually bought the small sample size which comes in the same packaging as the bigger version and it has lasted me a year just adding the grains to my cleanser or using it alone. I love this product and I think it's such a great investment but if you want to try it without having to make that full commitment then I suggest you try the travel-size version and you won't be disappointed! I also use a lot of chemical exfoliant and I feel that this is a good product that works for both those that are very experienced in skin care or those that are just starting out and want a nice fresh glow ! I think this is hands-down my favorite Tatcha product!
Turner W.
Cecil, AL
This is my favorite skincare product I have EVER used. I love the way the powder lathers when wet - it is very luxurious. It is true to name in that it is gentle, but exfoliates dead skin leaving my skin touchable smoother and with smaller pores. I have sensitive, combination skin that it does not irritate or overdry. I use this product daily!

My only warning: it is not always effective at removing makeup, so I suggest adding a makeup remover to your routine if you wear long wear or waterproof makeup.
C A.
I didn’t realize how exceptional this product was until I stopped using it. With dry skin I was a little skeptical of this product, however I found to be effective and not drying at all. I think it helped that I used it in conjunction with the a Camellia oil, but that’s for another review! This product is unique in that it’s a powder, but mixed with water turns into a light paste. I consider this to be a gentle exfoliant as it has micro-granules in it that work their way into pores for a deep cleanse. This smells exactly how you’d expect it, and I find it very spa-like. The benefits include a deep cleanse of the pores, making them appear smaller and clean after first use. It also preps your skin for the remaining steps in your skincare routine.
Stephanie G.
Rochester
I cannot day enough good things about this brand. It has changed my skin. The rice enzyme powder leaves my skin gently exfoliated, smooth, almost poreless. Used after time it transforms your skin into baby soft, younger, clearer looking. It IS pricey, but I would rather spend my money on products that work rather than a bunch of products that do a mediocre job.
Rebecca S.
Oh Tatcha, my holy grail of skin regimen. I absolutely love this product. It leaves my face feeling so smooth after using it, and is gentle enough to use daily. If your looking for something that is going to exfoliate without being too harsh on your face, this is the stuff! its well worth the money you are going to spend. I cant get enough of this stuff!!
Alisha S.
Bellingham
I really like this the packaging is beautiful as is every other Tatcha product I have bought. This rice enzyme powder leaves my skin feeling so clean and smooth while not over drying. I really have no complaints about the actual product, It would be 5 ⭐️s if it weren’t for how you get the product out, you open the top then slide the container open and shake the powder out. It seems like it would be so easy to either drop and spill a bunch on the powder or for excess moisture to get in and ruin the powder in the container. I’m not sure if there is even a solution to it, it is just a little odd. Totally not a deal breaker, maybe I just need to get used to it.
✖️ e.
Champaign
I love how fun this is to mix in the water and watch it transform. I also really like how it softly exfoliates my skin without being too rough! I got it in a kit so when I run out of of my small size I will be ready to splurge on the full size!
Jeana H.
Garden Grove, CA
This is a good everyday exfoliator. I enjoyed the Powder and water control. Although, I would begin to take it into the shower and water would get stuck in the packaging creating a paste with some of the products on the edge which I hated. You cannot open the product to get every last bit which is annoying.
Ashley M.
Charlotte
This product is so gentle and really is effective at cleaning my skin without causing more irritation to my dry, sensitive skin. It takes a while to get used to using it since it starts as a powder but it lasts forever and I will repurchase in the future!!
Mary F.
Austin, TX
Is Tatcha really worth it? Any pros and cons?
alex c.
How do you apply this? is this a cream and turns into powder?
Arlene T.
I've been really interested in this product because all everyone on Instagram swears by it but can someone tell me what exactly it does? And how? My skin is good because I don't put random things on my face, so I need some more information.
Winly L.
This or amore pacific enzyme peel?
Courtney B.
I tried the non-gentle version, but it irritated my extremely sensitive skin. Is this one gentle enough to use every day?