Add a Photo

By TATCHA
#38 in Facial Cleansers

A creamy, water-actived enzyme exfoliant effortlessly releases debris from the skin, leaving it polished and baby soft in an instant. Contains Japanese rice bran, skin-conditioning pearl and HADASEI-3 Bioactive Complex, a proprietary blend of rice bran, green tea and red algae extract. Formulated without mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, parabens, PEGs, PPGs, urea, DEA, TEA or phthalates. Ideal for all skin types.2.5 oz

Photos (30)
Divya R.
Divya R.
Vancouver, WA

I was at Sephora one day and came across Tatcha products. I was really curious to see a product that was made out rice. So I started asking one of the Sephora associate to explain about this product and how it works. She gave me couple of sample packs and asked me to try and it come back and buy the full size if I like it. After using the sample on the first day I did feel that my skin was a little smoothr. But then I wasn’t really sure if its safe to use an exfoliate on skin everyday as over exfoliating is not good for skin. But then I got to know that these enzyme powders are very safe to use everyday. I love this so much it has completely changed my skin and I love how soft it feels after exfoliating with this. Since I started using this product I have noticed I am glowier & my pores are smaller. I love tatcha so much and have been kicking the rest of my products to the curb because none of them work as brilliantly as tatcha's awesome stuff. I feel like the tatcha line truly repairs my skin to do what make-up is covering up!!!
Katalina H.
Katalina H.
Atlanta, GA

I am so glad I stumbled upon this stuff. I was tired of having dull, blemished, skin and was seeking to revamp my skincare routine. I was skeptical about this product at first , for several reasons. I used the Sephora Skincare IQ service and this was one of the repeated products that kept showing up. Since it is so pricey, I asked for a sample of it. The Sephora rep had nothing but great things to say about it and gave me two small samples. It was enough to last me for about a week and a half. I have been using consistently close to a month now.  It is the bomb.com, honestly! I could see a difference within about two weeks of use. My skin hasn't looked this good in probably forever. I strongly suggest trying a sample of it from Sephora, although...I ended up buying the product directly from the site. I did that because it is the same price, shipping is FAST (took 3 days to get from CA to GA), and you get to try 3 samples of their other products. I also received a free travel sized eye cream.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.

This is quite an interesting product to say the least. This is the first Tatcha product that I have tried and I am super impressed with it. At first I was hesitant on trying this because it is called a rice enzyme powder, which was definitely new to me. However, this exfoliator is amazing. It's extremely gentle and has absolutely no grit to it. It also turns into a creamy foam once you add water to it. For me when I use this product I follow the instructions. I find it easiest to wet your face and hands before using this product. I also recommend adding just a little bit of water to the powder while in your hands to make it into a paste, which makes it so much easier to work with. This product definitely made my skin feel as soft as a baby's bum. After using this I patted my face down with a towel and applied my moisturizer right after. I have dry and sensitive skin and this did not irritate me at all. Definitely worth trying out. If you're hesitant try getting a sample at Sephora!
Donna N.
Donna N.
Sarasota, FL

Silky Smooth skin! Love this product and I use it 3 times a week to keep my face feeling smooth. The rice enzymes really make a huge difference to the appearance of your skin. It removes dry skin, tightens, and makes your face feel fabulous! It's fairly expensive for my pocket book but worth it!

It only takes a teaspoon full to get the best results. Here's how I get the best results: wet your face with warm water, while your hands are wet, pour about a teaspoon (dime size) of the rice powder in palm of one hand, rub hands together, then lightly rub hands over your face in circular motion, rinse face with warm water.

It's not like other products you've used and it really only takes a small amount to get the best results. If your face is really dry you can use this product every day. It's non-abrasive, and the powder takes the form of a milky substance that is smooth and can be easily rubbed on your face. It's a lovely product!
Misskimmm D.
Misskimmm D.

I actually have the gentle formulation, not the classic (difference is gentle is for dry skin). wonderful daily wash/exfoliator! powder that, in the palm of your hand, the tiniest bit, when water added, becomes this magical wash that is so soft, NO GRIT - it works on enzymes to do the dirty work! you WILL notice a difference with the first use! with continued use, your pores will clear, so they will appear smaller and your skin will keep getting softer. don't let the price scare you away because truly, it lasts a VERY long time (one jar will last at a minimum 6 months, even with daily use and i have been able to easily have one last over 9 months, close to a year, so it actually IS cost effective!) #smoothsoftskin #loveyourskin #GeishaBeauty #tatchapolished #Bestof2015
Nancy H.
Nancy H.

I was not very fond of using scrubs or enzymes for my skin because I was afraid it will damage or cause rash. But after trying Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme that notion changed. This is probably the best and the most gentle enzyme wash you can find on the market. The grain or the powder is fine and frothy when you start adding water. My trick is to add few drops of water to gradually make it foamy. I also lather well before applying on my skin and never scrub but more like gently patting in circular motion:) FYI this is not a cleansing oil so it would not remove make up. But Tatcha also makes a great makeup removing cleansing oil! The only downside is the price so if you don't feel like spending so much try the travel size first like I did. It's under 20 bucks!
Aerial P.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL

I've only been lucky enough to recently come across this brand and this product! I received a sample out of a recent Sephora order and I'm in awe! It's a super fine powder that, when mixed with water, gently foams and exfoliates away dirt, oil and dead skin. I started by only using it on my forehead and the clean it provides is like nothing I've experienced from and exfoliating product! It's $15 for 0.35 oz or $65 for 2.1 oz from Sephora. There are some good deals on kits from Sephora and holiday specials on TATCHA's website right now. I most definitely plan on purchasing the 0.35 oz jar until I can afford to make this a permanent part of my beauty regimen!
Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.
Shelby Twp, MI

Amazing product!! However, I only like it when I use it after my Tatcha oil cleanser. I tried using this on its own, but it didn't seem to spread well on my face. Also when washing it off, it made my face feel slightly weird (hard to explain, but it felt like residue was left behind)! So if I was to review it as a product which you use on it's own, I would give it 4 stars, but I gave it 5 because it's absolutely amazing when paired with the cleansing oil. Just add some to your wet palms, rub it a bit to get it slightly wet, then apply all over your face (again, do this after cleansing with tatcha's oil!). It creates baby-smooth skin!
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Berlin, CT

Wow what an amazing higher end product! If you have a little extra money to spend on yourself definitely give this rice enzyme powder a try! It's such a different version of the normal liquid products we use daily to cleanse our skin! The only downside is it can tend to make a bit of a mess just be careful when pouring it out! It will turn a bit foamy with a little water and it does a great effective job at cleaning your face without leaving it too dry! Although you still may want to use a makeup remover for that stubborn makeup we tend to use now a days
Jules E.
Jules E.

There are lots if Pros and a few Cons with this product. Pros are it provides gentle physical exfoliation, minimal fragrance and it leaves skin baby soft.
Cons are if you have problematic or acne prone skin, this is guaranteed to break you out! Also the storage of the rice enzymes is problematic and the top will clump and get goopy if left open accidentally. Make sure to keep this far away from water or humidity!
I was wowed initially with this product, but as time went on it definitely lost its luster. Ended up getting rid of it and won't repurchase.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
Rock Hill, SC

Has any one with oily skin used this? how is it?
Grace C.
Grace C.

Does this work for combination skin? My skin is more oily in the summer but more dry in the winter. Combination during spring and fall
Cassidy C.
Cassidy C.
MOBILE, AL

Is this gentle enough to be an everyday cleanser or is more of a 3 times a week exfoliant?
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Alexandria, VA

Can this be used daily or is it better to do a few times a week
Maria H.
Maria H.

How long does this jar last?

Join Now