BY TATCHA

What it is:
A water-activated enzyme powder exfoliant and cleanser of rice bran, papaya and our anti-aging HADASEI-3™ Complex. Reveals skin's natural gleam.

Why it's different:
Exfoliates and tones without harsh abrasives for smooth, bright, baby-soft skin.

Who it's for:
Ideal for normal or combination skin. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing.  Dermatologist tested. Created with conditioning pearl extract.

How to Use:

Begin with wet hands and a wet face. Pour about half a teaspoon into hands, add water and rub hands together to create a creamy foam. Massage gently onto a wet face in circular motions for 10-20 seconds, avoiding eyes. Rinse and revel in your soft, smooth skin.

Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Aqua/Water/Eau, Papain, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Formulated without:
Parabens, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

Buy on Sephora
  • "This is an excellent exfoliator, gentle on the skin even in this classic formula. The most important thing is to use enough water to transform the powder into a soft cream. If it feels scratchy you need to use more water or it could irritate your skin if you're sensitive to physical exfoliation. My skin does not like any exfoliant with grit in it and this works perfectly and my skin looks better and brighter after using it." in 41 reviews
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
Everyone needs to be using some form of exfoliation. This Tatcha rice exfoliating powder is so gentle but really gets off all the dead skin and gross leftover makeup and grime from your day. I like to pour a bit of powder into a small bowl and then use a wet, fluffy brush to swirl the product around and create a foam. Then I use the brush to apply to foamy cleanser. It works like a dream. My skin feels refreshed. I feel like I am able to slough off any dead skin without and harsh irritants or grainy products. Sometimes exfoliating products can be too stripping and drying and this product is neither. Plus it comes in a huge bottle! I feel like I'll never run out.
Cherie P.
Pendleton , SC
This is the best cleanser that I have used to date! I have removed my makeup with proper products, cleansed my face with a high end brand cleanser and THIS still removed so much from my face and pores. I can not brag enough about it! It has a high price tag but if used properly it will last you a good while and it is most definitely worth the price tag! I do not plan on purchasing any other deep cleanser from any other brand as long as I can continue to repurchase this product! I will however use a gentle cleanser between makeup removal and this Tatcha rice enzyme! Strongly recommend and will continue to purchase!!!
Hope S.
This paired with the Tatcha Cleansing Oil is a game changer for your face. What I love about this is my skin feels smooth and cleansed every time I use it without it feel long stripped or irritated. If you are someone who deals with texture or dryness but are very sensitive this is perfect because it is polishing away at your skin as opposed to most rough physical exfoliators. It is up there in price point, but well worth the investment. A little bit of product goes such a long way, this should last you for the year.
Brandy D.
Rice and papaya enzymes are delivered in a creamy rich foam to soften exfoliate and Gently gently take away dirt and debris and promote healthy and natural cell turnover to instantly reveal natural and glowing baby soft skin. This nourishes and conditionS With anti-oxidant rich Japanese Rice bran and crashed pearl extracts. You mix it with water and apply to face and at foams leaving face clean refreshed. Helps visibly reduce the Appearance of fine lines and even skin tone and hyper pigmentation.
Samantha S.
Norwalk, OH
Ive heard so much about japanese skin care products, I wanted to see what all the rave was about. It was completely worth it, I bought a starter kit so it came with everything I would need for my skin care routine. This is a rice enzyme powder, I put about a TBSP in the palm of my hand that was wet. I rub it together to activate the rice powder and then I exfoliate my face. This product is absolutely amazing. It leaves my face looking more radiant than any other product I have ever used.
Eman S.
Stafford, TX
I love tatcha and this product is no exception! I actually bought a mini version of this rice enzyme powder through Sephora which were offering a 4 mini tatcha products for $60. To me, that's such a great deal considering how expensive the full products are. They give you enough product to gain a full opinion on before you commit to splurging on the full product. Nonetheless, this cleansing powder is great to lightly exfoliate a few times a week to rid your skin of impurities. It's not too abrasive on the skin (considering I have sensitive skin) and leaves your skin feeling smooth after!
Wendie W.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder in DEEP is the only scrub for me! I love the packaging of course! The top has a slider that opens and closes so no loss of product when you use this! I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores and blackheads. This Rice Enzyme gets all the gunk out of my pores and does NOT cause ANY break outs! A little goes a super long way, so in the long run the price is SO worth it! Will be a definite repurchase!! I cant find the words to describe just how amazing this has been and what a game changer it is in my daily skin care routine! Will repurchase! Highly HIGHLY RECOMMEND !! HOLY GRAIL!
Tonye B.
Aurora, IL
I loved this! It feels like silk (when dry)but exfoliates and really leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. I’m not one for gritty exfoliants especially since I have sensitive skin, but this really gets the job done.

Also, a little goes a long way for this product so a full size should last a couple of months!😉
Rebekah M.
Coral gables , FL
Honestly when I first got this I was REALLY confused. It’s a powder that you have to activate with water, which I had never used before. After I got over my initial confusion and actually used the product I was amazed at how amazing it made my skin feel. It’s become an essential part of my shower cleansing routine. It’s extremely gentle while exfoliating at the same time- great for sensitive skin.
Brandi W.
Edmond
This is such a great, gentle physical exfoliant. I use it when I have dry patches that need to be gently scrubbed away, or when my skin is just in need of some brightening. You pour a small amount of the powder into damp hands, and rub together to lather. Then you rub gently on your damp face and continue to add small amounts of water to increase the lather until the powder is fully dissolved. Spread over face and rinse.
Brittany G.
Rock Hill, SC
Has any one with oily skin used this? how is it?
Grace C.
Does this work for combination skin? My skin is more oily in the summer but more dry in the winter. Combination during spring and fall
Cassidy C.
MOBILE, AL
Is this gentle enough to be an everyday cleanser or is more of a 3 times a week exfoliant?
Erin Marie C.
Vancouver, BC
How well does this product remove makeup?
Denise P.
Harrisonburg, VA
Can you mix this with the Tatcha cleansing oil or is it better to use with water?