TATCHA Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter

What it is:
A body moisturizer designed to hydrate and soothe even the most sensitive, irritated skin.

Why it's different:
Rich in natural Japanese indigo, a legendary botanical prized for its ability to soothe irritation and support skin’s natural healing abilities. The blue hue of this formula varies as a property of natural Japanese Indigo and disappears upon application.

Who it's for:
Any skin type, especially sensitive, inflamed or irritated skin consistent with symptoms of dermatitis and eczema.

How to Use:

Massage liberally anywhere on the body for long-lasting hydration. Absorbs effortlessly, leaving skin soothed and silken. Natural Japanese Indigo imparts a sky-blue hue to the cream, which will become invisible upon application.

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Diisostearyl Malate, Myristyl Myristate, Xylitol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Colloidal Oatmeal, Polygonum Tinctorium Leaf/Stem Extract, Indigofera Tinctoria Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Inositol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Sericin, Algae Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine, Beheneth-20, Sorbitan Tristearate, Sodium Polyacrylate Starch, Microcrystalline Wax, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Disodium Edta, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861)

Formulated Without:
Mineral Oil, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, Pegs, Ppgs, Dea, Tea, Urea Or Phthalates.

Has anyone tried this ? Is it worth the price tag and what makes it stand out amongst its competitors?
How is this on dry skin??
What is the best body cream to use in the summer?
Start your review of TATCHA Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter!
Product Highlights
“I received this in an allure beauty box. Upon opening, I was delighted at the awesome indigo color, and fragrance that was light, floral, and clean smelling. When applying, a little goes a long way, and the blue color fades when rubbed in. It has a very silly, almost cashmere feeling, and moisturized wonderfully. At $12 an ounce, it better! Colloidal oatmeal helps calm irritation, and glycerin moisturizes in this genius formula. I really enjoyed this product, and think it would be perfect for a gift, or for those who suffer from summer dryness or winter skin!” in 9 reviews
“...scent is a light floral that lasts for a good hour or two. I have super dry skin during the winter, and get eczema. So far it's been treating my skin great.” in 4 reviews
Astoria
This is a solid body moisturizer for colder months. It smells nice, but the fragrance isn't strong and doesn't last, which I actually appreciate. It's expensive, so it's not something everybody needs to run out and buy, but as a treat to myself I've been enjoying it. Packaging is beautiful.
Tucson, AZ
Best body butter I have tried. I have always struggled with dry and flaky skin, and I have to apply moisturizer a few times a day to keel my skin hydrated. I started using Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter a few weeks ago, and ever since, I have not noticed dry flaky or ashy spots anymore. This body butter leaves my skin incredibly soft and hydrated lasting all day long. It is quite pricey, but a small amount goes a long way and it is totally worth it! Will be repurchasing.
Vallejo, CA
This is the most amazing body cream. I get itching on my legs that I sometimes scratch raw. I even tried steroid ointment that didn’t do anything. After using this regularly the itching has ceased and no more scarring! It’s thick but soaks into your skin really well. It hydrates your skin for a long time. I also have these bumps on the back of my arms that have disappeared since using this product. It’s done wonders for my skin and I have yet to find anything comparable. Not to mention the beautiful packaging it comes in.
Combination / Dullness, Redness, Fine Lines / Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Dryness
Tewksbury, MA
I am a complete sucker for Tatcha skincare products! I know they are incredibly pricey, but I think it’s completely worth every penny! I received this sample in an Allure beauty box but totally plan on purchasing the full size once this is finished! Tatcha puts real care and love into their products. I am a firm believer that your makeup will only look as good as what is underneath, so skincare is super important to me and a category that I have no issue with splurging on! I find that luxury high end skincare actually makes a difference with your skin, unlike drugstore; I haven’t come across many, if any, skincare products from the drugstore that has made noticeable differences in my skin. The body butter is lightly scented, but it is not overpowering and doesn’t smell chemically. It is a light fragrance that has a calming effect that really makes applying the product relaxing. The consistency of the product is smooth, whipped, and hydrating. There is no greasy residue left on your skin after applying and no stickiness. As you work the product in your skin with massaging motions, you can feel the product sinking into your skin, leaving your skin super soft and supple. I love putting this on my elbows, knees, and other overly dry areas on my body. Highly recommend this brand & their products if you’re in the market for quality skincare that has the best of the best ingredients and provides a luxurious experience of self care.
Combination / Blackheads, Whiteheads, Dullness / Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Dryness
TATCHA Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter uploaded by J. T.
This is a luxurious product for your skin! As with all TATCHA products, the packaging itself is gorgeous, but when you open and see the natural indigo blue color of this cream you will want to try immediately. It's thicker like a butter but not oily, greasy or heavy and it absorbs right away. It has a nice natural smell to it and for what it is, is not too expensive when you consider the ingredients. This is a treat and a little goes a long way. I live in a cold winter climate and this works great to keep my skin soft an hydrated. This is probably the best body lotion/butter I have ever used.
Oily, Combination / Acne, Dullness, Puffiness / Cellulite
OMG I can not say enough good things about Tatcha! And here they did it again! I bought this in the travel size for only $12. The good thing is a little goes a long way. This formula is gentle enough to use on a baby. The smell is so calming, like a lavender smell. My 6 month old gets like eczema areas. She’s teething so she drools and it leaves an eczema type irritation on her neck and chest. I’ve tried so many creams since my 2 year old son had the same issue when he was a little baby. This is the first one that I can honestly say took the irritation and redness right away almost instantly basically! It also leaves her skin SOOOOOO SOFT!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😍
Dry, Combination / Dullness, Large Pores, Redness / Cellulite, Dryness, Rosacea
I love this! I wish I didn't, as it's not a good deal. I even looked into indigo powder to add to some cheaper lotion... then I realized why this one is so expensive ;) Indigo is amazing for the skin, and I can't go without this now I've found it. Unfortunately Sephora stopped carrying it for some reason. To make it go further, I mix it with The Ordinary's Rosehip Seed Oil, Chia Seed Oil, B Oil, and one drop of Sea Buckthorn Oil. Sometimes I also mix in some local organic macadamia nut oil and camellia oil too. So one jar of this lasts me much longer than it might :)
Mature / Large Pores, Redness, Fine Lines / Dryness, Eczema, Itchiness
Tempe, AZ
I actually liked this product. It has a natural plant/herb smell too it. Almost like a smell you would expect from a spa. The scent is not overpowering at all. This really did leave my skin feeling silky smooth. It was amazing! I have dark skin and the blue color did not show at all. This is a super light weight moisturizer. It doesn’t have the same feel as most body butters. Which can end up being kind of heavy sometimes. It’s not whipped either. Almost just like a lightweight cream. I love it. And if you have some money to spend then go for it
Oily / Acne, Scarring, Dark Spots / Body Acne
San Juan , TX
Obsessed w this body butter! The formula is so creamy, silky , and hydrating! Literally melts into your skin w ease. The scent is light . I typically use this right after a bath/shower and my skin feels baby soft! Also great for the arms and elbows!!!!
Combination / Large Pores, Puffiness, Fine Lines / Cellulite, Dryness, Body Acne
Jacksonville, NC
Soft, creamy lotion that literally goes on like butter. Highly moisturizing without a scent so you can wear your favorite perfume with it. A jar of this goes a long way, it doesn’t take much to cover your body and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth, not oily. Highly recommend Tatcha!
Sensitive / Sensitivity, Scarring / Dryness, Scarring
Ask a question to the Influenster community...