BY TATCHA

These handmade papers originated with the gold leaf artisans of Kyoto, who used them to transform gold into the whisper-thin leafs that adorn the majestic pavilions of Imperial Japan. The geisha discovered the paper s incredible ability to wick away excess oil, making it one of their most prized secrets for keeping makeup impeccably fresh. These all-natural handmade papers lift excess oil and sweat off skin without disturbing or removing makeup or stripping skin of essential moisture. For nighttime outings, try Evening Aburatorigami. Formulated especially for luminous evening skin, these papers are perfectly sized to slip into the sleekest clutches. Fragrance-free. Powder-free. Oil-free. All-natural, biodegradable. No animal testing. Handmade in Japan.

• I have tried many different types of oil absorbing papers...2 Answers
  • Question has been deleted3 Answers
Stacy O.
Binghamton
These Japanese blotting papers are to die for!  I use these exclusively when I am going out and want to feel "special" (otherwise I'll use my everyday blotting papers).  These are so big that I am able to cut them in half and use them that way for just my T-zone.  Unfortunately, these are just a bit too pricey for me at $12 for only 30 sheets.  BUT, these are HANDMADE in Japan using 100% Abaca Leaf and Gold Flake. Who wouldn't feel special using this!
Amy Y.
Wichita Falls, TX
Perfect for the purse...picks up oils perfectly and leaves skin with a matte finish without disrupting makeup. These are amazing! You will be surprised by how much oil you may have until you blot with these!
Claire H.
Shakopee
These work great!  They get all the oil off of your skin.  The packaging is beautiful as well!  The only thing is you dont get a lot of them, and they are on the pricey side when I could get some for a couple dollars that work almost just as well.
Safi U.
These are my favorite blotting sheets because they absorb oil really well without messing with my makeup! I’ve noticed that other blotting sheets often lift up my foundation/concealer and I end up looking like a blotchy mess. I also like that these are on the bigger side and you can use both sides so I don’t need to use more than one
Ashleigh R.
Falls Church, VA
Whenever I'm feeling extra luxurious and not wanting to use toilet cover sheets as my go to savior from my inevitable shine, I opt for these blotting sheets because they instantly do the trick. True to Japanese construction, these sheets are beautifully crafted with little specks of gold embedded into the paper. The sheets are sturdy; they're not too thick yet not flimsy. With one sheet, my t-zone is good to go. I will note that on the packaging it says that makeup does not transfer and encourages people to use both sides of the sheet. Perhaps this is just me but I do find that a bit of my foundation does transfer to the sheet (not a lot to the point where it's blatantly obvious). Also, I'm not sure if I'd want to stick my fingers on both sides of the oil-soaked sheet. One side will do the job for me!
Alessandra D.
Livingston, NJ
What I love about these sheets is that when you use them they keep you matte, and does not disturb your make up . Being able to use both sides of the sheet is a plus also . I carry in my purse and it's totally convenient for this hot days !
Heather L.
This does exactly what it's supposed to do - removes excess oil and swear without disturbing the makeup or leave you feeling dry. I think what makes these extra special is the gold flecks that is embedded in them (you can see in the picture I took). One paper is enough for me to touch up - for reference I have normal to oily skin.
Victoria S.
I received these I'm a boxycharm in December but haven't gotten much use out of them until now, and I have to say they are a serious life saver in this heat! I use them almost everyday! They are on the pricey side but u don't mind for a product that works so well. the packaging is efficient and fits into a purse or makeup bag easily. I will continue to purchase this regularly.
Brooklyn S.
Bryan, TX
Love these for a gentle blot right before flash photography! Just keep them in your purse, & when you see a photo opportunity coming up, just blot & you're ready! It won't even mess up your makeup! A whole sheet is great for the T Zone, whereas I'd need 2 from other brands sized papers! Xo
Ty S.
San Marcos, TX
I received this product in my boxycharm monthly subscription. I checked online they typically sell for $12. In my eyes it's a little pricey but doable. My nose gets really oily when I wear a lot of make up and the product soaked it right up! Very happy to have received it :)
Aloe V.
Lakeville, MN
Question has been deleted
Mayra G.
I have tried many different types of oil absorbing papers and they range in price. Some I have liked more than others, but I'm curious. I have been eying these in particular and I wan to try these out. Is there anything special about these Tatcha papers compared to any others you have tried on the market?

Sephora