BY TATCHA #9 in Facial Moisturizers

What it is:
This oil-free, anti-aging water cream releases a burst of skin-improving Japanese nutrients, powerful botanicals and optimal hydration for pure, poreless skin.

Why it's different:

• Provides nutrient-rich, balanced hydration: Unique water-burst cream breaks upon application to deeply deliver treatment benefits, hydrating without leaving skin sticky or greasy
  • Clarifies and refines skin with pure, powerful Japanese botanicals:
    • Japanese Wild Rose visibly tightens pores and smoothes skin texture
    • Japanese Leopard Lily helps control excess oil and clarify skin by encouraging natural skin turnover
  • Delivers anti-aging Japanese superfoods: Hadasei-3™, an anti-aging trinity of green tea, rice & algae, restores healthy-looking, youthful radiance
  • Imparts a subtle, shine-free glow with a touch of 23-karat gold

Who it's for:
Ideal for normal to oily skin. Oil-free. Non-comedogenic. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing.

How to Use:
Scoop a pearl-size amount of cream with the gold spoon. Massage onto face, neck and décolletage in upward strokes. Use daily, morning and night.

Aqua/Water/Eau, Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Glycerin, Diglycerin, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Gold, Belamcanda Chinensis Root Extract, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Mica, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Phenyl Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Formulated without:

Parabens, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

• I have super oily skin and am on the hunt for a new moist...3 Answers
  • Does anyone use and think that TATCHA Balanced The Water ...3 Answers
  • This is my favorite moisturizer, but I am wondering if an...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Have only been using for almost a week but I just love how it feels. It is a very thin consistency and just feels so hydrating to the skin. Cannot see a difference in my skin yet but for being tatcha is very affordable." in 107 reviews
  • "Loving this moisturizer for my dry skin! It sinks in quickly and hydrates to the max. I also enjoy how it plumps my skin and is very effective. It is expensive but to me skincare is worth the splurge." in 49 reviews
  • "Hands down the best facial moisturizer I have ever tried for my sensitive, combination skin. I first got a sample at Sephora and then I contacted Tatcha directly to see which skincare products I needed to switch my entire skincare routine over to Tatcha. That was a few weeks ago, and I have never been happier in my life. My skin is smoother, softer, clearer, more radiant, and youthful than it has ever looked. I highly recommend this and all of the Tatcha products I now use. This one helps keep my t-zone and oily areas stay matte all day and my dry patches have plenty of moisture. I have no idea how this cream works, but it is my new HG." in 30 reviews
Heidi S.
Prescott
I recived a sample size from Sephora and this was the first time I used this brand and this product. I was totally blown away, I had never felt anything like it before, it made my skin so plum and so full of moisture without being greasy, just amazing and my makeup went on so smooth and never looked better, I wish I had more than just a small sampling size of this and I’m really looking forward to trying other Tatcha skin products in the future! Try this you will not be disappointed.
Violeta V.
Really good stuff. I love this brand. I first received several samples from a Tatcha Rep while I was visiting Sephora. I already have my morning and night cream but I'm constantly looking for new products. Whether for myself or for my family. I'm a firm believer that there are multiple skin care lines that fit every budget, you just have to do the research. This cream is will be the next cream I will purchase as part of my daily regimen. The cream is lightweight, moisturizing and blends perfectly with my skin. It doesn't feel like you have anything on, a little goes a long way. I don't know what magic Tatcha puts in their products but this one is worth the buy. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.This water cream leaves your skin with a beautiful glow. It completely removed my dry patches. My skin is interesting: it's sensitive, prone to blackhead and clogged pores, oily T-Zone but dry everywhere else. This is worth the money, I promise.
vi t.
philadelphia, pa
This was my first time trying Tatcha, so I was super excited. Star ingredients are the Japanese botanicals, uhh 23 karat gold (🧐), and hyaluronic acid (just have to say, if the gold was in a tint or foundation that would be cool, but for me a moisturizer should be more benefit, less gimmick). The not so good includes fragrance, alcohol, and a lot of silicones. The fragrance/alcohol don’t bother me because they’re low on the ingredients list. The silicones aren’t though. For those that don’t know, silicones aren’t inherently “bad” or irritating. They give the illusion of skin smoothing, which might make you think the moisturizer is doing the damn thing. But they have no real benefit to your skin besides maybe sealing some good stuff in. But that’s a catch 22, since they can also seal in bacteria and be pore clogging for sensitive skin. It’s all about balance though, and there ARE products with silicones that I love! (ex. @drjart Ceramidin Cream) This isn’t one of them. It didn’t keep my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day, and for that price tag you can do better. I will give it 2 stars though because I CAN see it working better for someone with oilier or combo skin, and it didn’t break me out !
Claire L.
New Orleans, LA
LOVE. Absolutely everything about the Water Cream is wonderful -- the scent, the texture, and the packaging. As a germophobe, I was initially turned off by the jar. However, I'm just super careful about using the spoon or making sure my hands are clean before scooping any product out. I start with Tatcha's Camellia Cleansing oil followed by the rice enzyme powder and then apply the water cream. I don't find that it absorbs as quickly as others claim, but this doesn't bother me. At night, I layer TATCHA Gold Camellia Beauty Oil on top of the water cream (only on my cheeks). During the day, I apply the water cream and then Tatcha's sunscreen before applying my makeup. The two layer perfectly. I am such a Tatcha fangirl and will use the water cream forever.
Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
Tatcha has been on my radar as a company for well over a year. My
great grandma was japanese and using japanese products makes me feel
closer to her (she was pretty darn awesome). I really wanted Tatcha
products to work for me, which is why I tried a lot of them at once.

The water cream was NOT an instant love for my dry,
dehydrated skin. If you tend to be on the oily side of things, you’ll
definitely get more out of this product than I do. I love that green
tea and fermented rice are the second and third ingredients in this,
but I hate that dimethicone is the 4th! Not only can it be
comodegenic for some people (aka me), it also reduces the effeciacy
of other actives nad products. Therefore I recommend using this water
cream as the very last step of your routine. The problem with that,
is that it has literally no oil content, so it doesn’t “seal”
in moisture at all.
I really wanted to love the water cream, the packaging was
amazing, the philosophy was enticing, and the story made my heart
sing. Unfortunately in reality, the product fell so flat. I’m
giving 3 stars because it works for some people, just not those with
dry skin like myself.
jess g.
new york
Love, love, LOVE!!

This was my time trying products from the Tatcha line and I'm in LOVE with this light-weight, super hydrating moisturizer. I love gel moisturizers as I hate the feeling of heavy products on my face.

The Water Cream is very effective in providing long-lasting hydration without being greasy or heavy. My skin feels smooth and plump, and makeup goes on super smoothly.

Also, the packaging is gorgeous and it smells AMAZING!

It's definitely worth the hefty price tag. I'm almost done with my first full size jar and am ready to repurchase! I'm so impressed and would love to try more products from their line.

(PS if you have drier skin, you might prefer the water cream - it's a slightly thicker version)
Ali G.
Roseville, MI
I adore this  line because it seems so complete and perfect for a whole collective skin care routine. This water cream is very cooling, soothing, and hydrating. You can use it all over the face, or concentrate in problem areas like underneath the nose or underneath the eyes for a quick plump up! The absorption is one of the best things about this product as it works directly into the skin without feeling like there is something on the skin, like most moisturizers.

This product also reaches great lengths with little product used. When I was testing, I started on my hand and the product moved all the way to the elbow! When products are on the more expensive side, one thing you also want to look for is bang for your buck, and this is a perfect representation of that!
olivia m.
The Water Cream is THE most fantastic face cream I have ever experienced... and I say experience because this cream is so luxurious, applying it is an experience. The smell, the smooth and lightweight texture, all of it... There is nothing wrong with this product.

I have finicky skin. It can be unbalanced and hard to correct sometimes. Certain creams make my face feel clammy and do wear well under my makeup. However, The Water Cream glides right on and melts into my skin immediately... Not to mention, it makes my makeup look flawless! Also, I have noticed a more balanced complexion, smaller pores, and a glowing radiance since I have been using it at night as well.

I don't buy the full size bottle as it's pricy. Instead, I have found that I can get away with the smaller travel size (.34 fl. oz.) because it's more affordable and a little goes a long way anyway!

I would recommend this cream to anyone since it's water based and therefor light in consistency. Your face will feel like it just took a drink of water and will be plump and hydrated immediately! TATCHA Balanced The Water Cream
Alexandra B.
Quite honestly, I don't know how I feel about this product. I've been using it for a few weeks, once a day in the morning and I have no complaints.

I have incredibly sensitive skin (2 rounds of accutane and it's perpetually breaking out and oily). I haven't been breaking out any more than normal, and possibly even less. I've even noticed my blackheads aren't so ridiculous. So it's definitely not a bad thing.

But also, sometimes I feel like there's a light layer that sits on my skin. THat it never fully absorbs, even though I use a very small amount.

I love the packaging, the gold spoon, the ingredients and the smell. But I'm not too sure if it's worth the cost. (I received mine as a birthday gift)
Alana S.
I’ll be honest. Yes this is the best moisturizer I have ever put on my skin, but $70 for a small jar is not worth it. My skin isn’t too problematic so I can get away with cheaper alternatives, but if I had problematic skin this would probably be a miracle. I have a small sample jar that I’ve been using. I have combo oily skin and it helps keep my skin glowy but not oily. It helps my pores look a little smaller but they’re still a bit noticeable. It smells nice and it feels lightweight and hydrating. I always wear spf so having a moisturizer with spf in it is important to me. If this had spf I may justify the price because then I wouldn’t have to put sunscreen over this. The jar is beautiful which I’m sure jacks up the price. It feels very nice on my skin and keeps any oily areas at bay. I will continue to use my sample jar sparingly because I do love this but not enough to spend almost $70 on one jar.
Jordan M.
Cypress, TX
Is this mask good for oily skin?
Koraima P.
La Palma, CA
Does it work good for all skin types?
Joanne C.
Lee, ME
Is it worth $68.00?
D M.
Is this moisturizer works for oily skin ?I really want to try it.
Jordan G.
Mcdonough, GA
I’ve heard bloggers rant and rave.. so what’s your thoughts? Is it worth the price tag?