TATCHA Balanced The Water Cream
What it is:
This oil-free, anti-aging water cream releases a burst of skin-improving Japanese nutrients, powerful botanicals and optimal hydration for pure, poreless skin.
Why it's different:
- Provides nutrient-rich, balanced hydration: Unique water-burst cream breaks upon application to deeply deliver treatment benefits, hydrating without leaving skin sticky or greasy
- Clarifies and refines skin with pure, powerful Japanese botanicals:
- Japanese Wild Rose visibly tightens pores and smoothes skin texture
- Japanese Leopard Lily helps control excess oil and clarify skin by encouraging natural skin turnover
- Delivers anti-aging Japanese superfoods: Hadasei-3™, an anti-aging trinity of green tea, rice & algae, restores healthy-looking, youthful radiance
- Imparts a subtle, shine-free glow with a touch of 23-karat gold
Who it's for:
Ideal for normal to oily skin. Oil-free. Non-comedogenic. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing.
How to Use:
Scoop a pearl-size amount of cream with the gold spoon. Massage onto face, neck and décolletage in upward strokes. Use daily, morning and night.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Glycerin, Diglycerin, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Gold, Belamcanda Chinensis Root Extract, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Mica, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Phenyl Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol
Parabens, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.see more...
Top Questions See all 242 Q&A
- "Have only been using for almost a week but I just love how it feels. It is a very thin consistency and just feels so hydrating to the skin. Cannot see a difference in my skin yet but for being tatcha is very affordable." in 107 reviews
- "Loving this moisturizer for my dry skin! It sinks in quickly and hydrates to the max. I also enjoy how it plumps my skin and is very effective. It is expensive but to me skincare is worth the splurge." in 49 reviews
- "Hands down the best facial moisturizer I have ever tried for my sensitive, combination skin. I first got a sample at Sephora and then I contacted Tatcha directly to see which skincare products I needed to switch my entire skincare routine over to Tatcha. That was a few weeks ago, and I have never been happier in my life. My skin is smoother, softer, clearer, more radiant, and youthful than it has ever looked. I highly recommend this and all of the Tatcha products I now use. This one helps keep my t-zone and oily areas stay matte all day and my dry patches have plenty of moisture. I have no idea how this cream works, but it is my new HG." in 30 reviews
great grandma was japanese and using japanese products makes me feel
closer to her (she was pretty darn awesome). I really wanted Tatcha
products to work for me, which is why I tried a lot of them at once.
The water cream was NOT an instant love for my dry,
dehydrated skin. If you tend to be on the oily side of things, you’ll
definitely get more out of this product than I do. I love that green
tea and fermented rice are the second and third ingredients in this,
but I hate that dimethicone is the 4th! Not only can it be
comodegenic for some people (aka me), it also reduces the effeciacy
of other actives nad products. Therefore I recommend using this water
cream as the very last step of your routine. The problem with that,
is that it has literally no oil content, so it doesn’t “seal”
in moisture at all.
I really wanted to love the water cream, the packaging was
amazing, the philosophy was enticing, and the story made my heart
sing. Unfortunately in reality, the product fell so flat. I’m
giving 3 stars because it works for some people, just not those with
dry skin like myself.
This was my time trying products from the Tatcha line and I'm in LOVE with this light-weight, super hydrating moisturizer. I love gel moisturizers as I hate the feeling of heavy products on my face.
The Water Cream is very effective in providing long-lasting hydration without being greasy or heavy. My skin feels smooth and plump, and makeup goes on super smoothly.
Also, the packaging is gorgeous and it smells AMAZING!
It's definitely worth the hefty price tag. I'm almost done with my first full size jar and am ready to repurchase! I'm so impressed and would love to try more products from their line.
(PS if you have drier skin, you might prefer the water cream - it's a slightly thicker version)
This product also reaches great lengths with little product used. When I was testing, I started on my hand and the product moved all the way to the elbow! When products are on the more expensive side, one thing you also want to look for is bang for your buck, and this is a perfect representation of that!
I have finicky skin. It can be unbalanced and hard to correct sometimes. Certain creams make my face feel clammy and do wear well under my makeup. However, The Water Cream glides right on and melts into my skin immediately... Not to mention, it makes my makeup look flawless! Also, I have noticed a more balanced complexion, smaller pores, and a glowing radiance since I have been using it at night as well.
I don't buy the full size bottle as it's pricy. Instead, I have found that I can get away with the smaller travel size (.34 fl. oz.) because it's more affordable and a little goes a long way anyway!
I would recommend this cream to anyone since it's water based and therefor light in consistency. Your face will feel like it just took a drink of water and will be plump and hydrated immediately! TATCHA Balanced The Water Cream
I have incredibly sensitive skin (2 rounds of accutane and it's perpetually breaking out and oily). I haven't been breaking out any more than normal, and possibly even less. I've even noticed my blackheads aren't so ridiculous. So it's definitely not a bad thing.
But also, sometimes I feel like there's a light layer that sits on my skin. THat it never fully absorbs, even though I use a very small amount.
I love the packaging, the gold spoon, the ingredients and the smell. But I'm not too sure if it's worth the cost. (I received mine as a birthday gift)
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos