BY TASTYKAKE #29 in Snack Cakes & Pastries

Kandy Bar Kakes are the best of both worlds. Light and fluffy chocolate enrobed cakes come in a unique kandy bar shape with a delicious créme filling made with your favorite candy flavors. Available in S'mores, Peppermint, and Peanut Butter flavor. Available at grocery and convenience stores across America.

Tastykake® Kandy Bar Kakes
  • "I'm not a fan of these at all, I tried the ones with Reese peanut butter, because they reminded me of drakes funny bones but these were awful, I definitely will not buy the again!" in 334 reviews
  • "Out of all the items I received in my Spring Fever Voxbox, I wasn't expecting too much (I figured, hey, it's a snack cake, whats the big deal?)." in 80 reviews
  • "i liked these snack cakes a lot mostly the penut butter one thats the best it taste just like a reccees but even much better " in 32 reviews
  • "Tastykakes was able able to satisfy my sweet tooth but I personally didn't care for the consistency of this product and felt that it was messy and crumbly.I also felt the chocolate coating was a little waxy " in 28 reviews
  • "I thought the kakes were pretty good, I received the smores one, I think the reeses one would be better but I still enjoyed the kake. " in 28 reviews
Julia D.
Reading, MA
I have tried the Smores flavor.

The cake is a great size, and I made sure I had had lunch first so I didn’t devour the whole thing in one gulp. I like desserts like cookies frozen, so I cut off a small piece and put it in the freezer. Still, the portion I left for my after-lunch treat went very quickly! It was a litte dry, but I’m very partial to that fake, highly sugary cream in the middle – it reminded me of the guilty pleasure treats I grew up on, Hostess cakes! I did not LOVE this item, but I liked it enough to want to try the other two flavors – York and Reese’s. (I have a sneaking suspicion I would LOVE the Reese’s one xD). Kandy Bar Kakes would be great for kids, as a snack, at work, on a picnic – they pack so easy, although they can be easily crushed, and most people will like them.
There are two main reasons this will probably not become a staple snack for me. First of all I am concerned about the nutritional info. That cake, which is about an inch tall, and inch deep, and four inches long, packs 260 calories, 11 grams of fat (including 7 grams of saturated fat), 20 milligrams of cholesterol, 150 milligrams of sodium, and 25 grams of sugar. That’s a lot of bad things for a small snack, and it only has 3 grams of protein to redeem it! Secondly, Tastykake products are apparently not sold in my state, and while they are sold in the states around me, this fact makes it highly unlikely that I’ll get around to buying them ever. To top it off, the single-serving price is a bit high (although the family pack is much more reasonable).
Overall, I would definitely not say no to another Tastykake – every once in a while, and if I can find one!
Casey N.
E Stroudsburg, PA
I couldn’t wait to try this Reese’s Peanut Butter Kandy Bar Kake! Oh, the peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness! This bar was so fluffy with a peanut butter cream center and just the right amount of chocolate icing on the outside. Having grown up on Tastykake treats (gotta love those Krimpets), I held this Kandy Bar Kake to pretty high standards. I expected this dessert to wow me and it did. A fluffy cake center with a layer of peanut butter cream, covered in decadent chocolate icing, with a peanut buttery icing drizzle on top, cured the sweet tooth I’ve been having all day. If anything, there was too much bar because it was a very rich dessert for me. While not the healthiest treat on the planet, Tastykake really raised the bar with this one.

For the next time that I try this kake, I would love to leave it in the fridge for a little bit to cool down. It might help the chocolate coating stick to the bar a little better as the edges were kind of crumbly, possibly from shipment though. I think the single serve price is expensive, but these are an “every once in a while” dessert for me. I have yet to see a coupon for Tastykake and would love it if they were available. I felt as though the packaging was a little boring. In fact, the packaging looks like the rest of their traditional product’s packaging. I see no difference now in the wrapper compared to the same brand when I was a kid.
Jennifer B.
Columbus, OH
As someone who’s been very calorie conscious lately, the first thing I did was look at the Nutritional Information section on the wrapper. LOTS of calories - over 200… YIKES! But, as the same person who’s been counting calories, I’ve been craving sweets lately.

I tried it and managed to only eat half in order to form my opinion. The flavor I received was “S’MORES.” All in all, it was very good. It reminded me very much of some yummy treats that Mom used to put in my lunch as a kid. Thank goodness they didn’t print nutritional information on the packages back then. ;-)

My sweet tooth was very satisfied with only half of a KAKE and my brain was satisfied with half of the calories. As for the taste (S’MORES flavor)… it was pretty good.

What would I change? 1) It has a graham cracker crumble on the top but I was slightly disappointed that the cake didn’t have more of a graham cracker-y flavor, 2) Cut the KAKE in half for those of us watching our weight.

I’d give it a B+ overall. Just my random opinion.

The fine print: I received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes from Influenster.
Renee J.
If I am going to eat something that is high in fat and calories it is going to be tasty and worth the calories/fat! I got the s'mores one to try. It tasted like cheap chocolate and it was not very satisfying. Marshmallow was not very good either. The chocolate just broke apart and didn't melt in your mouth. I had to cup my hand under my mouth during each bite. It was a large enough size but the taste and feeling like I had something worth the calories was not there. If they could make it more tantalizing to the taste buds the size they have the bar in is perfect! It's a pretty decent size! You do feel like you had a piece of cake. For me not a very good one.

I don't eat foods like this often and only tried because I got it in my vox box. However, I do know good desserts/snacks as I am now trying to lose all the weight from desserts and snacks that I have enjoyed! lol. Every now and again I want to have a snack that is worth it even if I gain a little I feel like it was calories well spent. I am still on the lookout. Maybe there other flavors are better? This one failed for me.
Shelley B.
Pollock, LA
I received the Tastykake made with Reese's peanut butter free from Influenster to test. I say it passes with flying colors! Is there anything better than a cake for a sweet treat? How about a cany bar? Yes, by adding Reese's peanut butter the cake becomes the perfect mix of both!

I was anxious to try this wonderful treat when I first saw it in my Spring VoxBox. I opened the package to find a rectangular cake covered in chocolate and striped with Reese's peanut butter stripes. When I bit into the cake I discovered chocolate cake surrounding a layer of Reese's peanut butter. The taste is a wonderful complementing mix of chocolate and peanut butter. Using Reese's is a brilliant taste combination with the chocolate cake. It will make your mouth water.

I allowed each of my 3 sons a bite of my Tastykake. They all loved it and begged for one of their own. I highly recommend this treat be shipped to ALL stores across the country and advertized everywhere before another company TRIES to compete with its deliciousness. I also recommend all those who fancy chocolate and all things Reese's to try this Kandy Bar Kake. You will NOT be disappointed.
Carolyn S.
I received the Tasty Kake Kandy Bar Kake complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. This was the first Tasty Kake product I've ever tried. The cake consistency was too airy and light -- I like cakes to be denser and more moist. The chocolate coating seemed a little waxy, kind of like inexpensive hollow Easter Bunny chocolate. The peanut butter flavor was mild and I had my Tasty Kake with coffee to cut some of the sweetness (though the Kake wasn't overly sweet.) I wouldn't buy this product because I didn't like the flavor and was disappointed with the unhealthiness (280 calories, hydrogenated oils and emulsifiers) but if you're a fan of mini chocolate-covered doughnuts or ding dongs then you would probably like Tasty Kake Kandy Bar Kakes. Not for me, but I'm glad I could try them for free, and I know some consumers would absolutely love them!
Becky D.
Bellwood, PA
The packaging is pretty clear about what you're getting, and I really loved that they specifically used Reese's. I suppose that IS the point of the candy bar cake, though! ;) The "Kake" itself is also appealing. I really like the chocolate base with the peanut butter swirls. Unfortunately, though, that is where my likes end. The most important part of a food item is its taste. I'm not sure if it's because my expectations were so high or what it was. I like TastyKake as a brand. But this was disappointing.

The cake was dry. There wasn't NEARLY enough peanut butter. The picture on the package shows a thick layer of peanut butter in the center. This did not have that. The swirls on the outside didn't even taste "peanut buttery." It just kind of had a strange taste overall. This snack also has 240 colories!
Christina G.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I received the Peanut Butter flavor in my Spring Vox Box. That's the one I was hoping to get, and I'm glad I did. My family has been loving Tastykake products for decades now (Grandma grew up near Philadelphia) and so we know they have great stuff, but even this was surprisingly good.

You're promised light and fluffy, enrobed in chocolate. And that's exactly what you get. The coating is on the thinner side but satisfying and not waxy like other brands. The light, fluffy cake in two long layers inside and filling in between. The cake was soft, fresh, had good cocoa flavor and the peanut butter was just the touch that elevated it.

My mom loves chocolate and peanut butter cakes, and she passed that to me. This just might be my new favorite. I'll be buying her a box too. And trying the other flavors.
Amber C.
Mountain View, CA
I received the peanut butter Tastykake Kandy Bar Kake. My first thoughts as the wrapper was opened was that it was pretty crumbly. That could just be because it was shipped in a box with some heavier items, maybe it got jostled a bit. The cake did not crumble apart when eating however. Good portion size. The best description would be it tastes a lot like one of those Little Debbie Frosted Fudge Cakes but with added peanut butter.

The peanut butter flavor is good and tastes like Reese's like it says on the wrapper. There is a good ratio of chocolate flavor to peanut butter, so neither is overwhelming. The chocolate on the outside is tasty. It does melt if you hold it for too long. The cake is moist. The entire treat is good with a small glass of cold milk and has no unpleasant aftertaste. Good little snack. We would buy them at the store but they don't sell them here on the west coast :(
Amanda S.
Cleveland, TN
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I received it in the Spring Fever Vox Box and was excited to try it. It reminded me a lot of the Little Debbie Swiss Rolls, only with less creme filling. At first I thought it was a little dry, but then I assumed the cake part was supposed to be like a graham cracker-which isn't moist. I would've enjoyed it better if it wasn't quite as dry; maybe if it had another layer of creme filling. It seemed to be a decent size. Compared to a Snickers bar it was larger and less calories. However, when I'm looking for a snack and my choice is a Snickers or a Smore's Tastykake I'm going to choose a Snickers. I would recommend giving it a shot, but don't expect anything too great. One day I might try the Reece's Tastykake to see if I like it any better.
Tuss N.
RIVERSIDE, CA
Which one do you prefer little Debbie's or tastykake?
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Where can you purchase these? I haven't seen them at any of my local grocery stores!
Elizabeth G.
Brooklyn, NY
What is your favorite flavor?
Teresa Y.
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Did anyone else receive an expired Tastykake?
Brandi B.
West Monroe, LA
Which flavor of these do you prefer? Reeses, York, or Hershey's.