BY TASTYKAKE #54 in Cakes & Pies

Signature moist and fluffy sponge cake is accented with legendary Tastykake butterscotch icing, or infused with a variety of delicious jellies. With a distinctive and unique shape that fits right into your fingertips, each Krimpet is a perfect handheld treat. Tasytykake Krimpets have been considered icons of the brand since their introduction in 1927.

• Where can I find this ?6 Answers
  • For someone who has never tried this before, what would be the cl...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "they use to be so much better though and cheaper." in 1 review
  • "I am not a big fan of butterscotch but I love these." in 1 review
Tiffany
Philadelphia, PA
These have been my favs since a little girl. Not the healthiest snack but worth the calories. Soft cakes with rich buttery icing. Exceeds expectations everytime. I would definitely buy again, I’ve been eating theses forever.
Casey T.
These are my all-time favorite dessert made by Tastykake! The cake is so nice and fluffy and the butterscotch frosting is so good! The cake isn' too sweet, so the frosting adds the perfect amount of sweetness. The texture and flavor are so amazing, and the presentation is so nice and simple.
Rachel B.
Butterscotch Krimpets are a moist sponge cake with butterscotch icing on top that breaks into 3 separate pieces. I am not a big fan of butterscotch but I love these. They are not overly sweet but just right. (Jelly Krimpets are still my favor and I wish they sold them in my area again; they did when I was a kid.)
KATHLEEN K.
Philadelphia, PA
I am a Philadelphia native, so I am a huge tastycake fan, and always buy this product when on sale especially to stock up. I love the icing and almost wish they could make a krimpet that was covered completely in the icing but have it still be so fresh and soft.
Kathaleen J.
Jacksonville, FL
My FAVORITE tastykake growing up and I have to say it still is! I was so excited when we started seeing them on the shelves here in FL. I love them because the they're soft and spongy with just the right amount of butterscotch flavor. They also remind me of childhood.
Shana W.
Jefferson, SC
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
We just recently (within the last year) got TastyKake snacks in my hometown. These are the most moist delicious snacks ever. The butterscotch krimpets are my absolute favorite. My mouth is watering writing this!
Dorothy K.
Saint Cloud, FL
I grew up in Philly eating Tastykake products and butterscotch krimpets are one of my favorites. I am so glad they are sold now in Florida. A fresh, delicious sponge cake with butterscotch frosting. Delicious!
Meaghan W.
Eugene, OR
These are my FAVORITE. Growing up in New Jersey these were a staple of every WaWa run on the way to the shore! After I moved west, I'd buy boxes on trips back home an pack a suitcase full!
Justine P.
My by far FAVORITE snack. Once I moved from the Jersey I couldn't get these I now have a monthly shipment coming from family of these yummy treats so I always have them. I've gotten excited as I'm seeing them show up on the west coast.
Angela B.
New Brockton, AL
Stephanie Plum speaks highly of her Butterscotch Krimpets. I'm from the south and Tastykakes are hard to find, but once I got my hands on some, they didn't disappoint.
angel a.
Dearborn, MI
Where can I find this ?
Nina Y.
Norfolk, VA
For someone who has never tried this before, what would be the closet food item you could describe it as? How does it taste? What is the texture?