Shawna-Leigh G.
Ward, AR

My German Shepherd has been having some tummy issues. we have a boxer and she exhibits no problems with the food. I've heard this is a good brand for shepherds. is it really worth the money?

Jayme S.
Jayme S.
2 years, 1 month ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
This is definitely a great brand of food and is actually not expensive at all! In fact, it is one of the most affordable grain-free brands out there. I have two dogs that are around 55-60lbs and they go through about one bag a month. I spend less than $50 a bag, so that's pretty cheap to feed two dogs for a month. My dogs both really like this food... my one dog had digestion issues with other food brands, but he does really well on Taste of the Wild.
Lauren H.
Lauren H.
white lake, MI
2 years, 2 months ago
I would definitely recommend it ! Our dogs are very sensitive and have allergy problems but we have never had an issue with this food. Hope it works out for you!
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
2 years, 6 months ago
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
We have been feeding this to my dog for a couple years now and have never had a problem with it, she has a sensitive stomach and is diabetic. before we tired this it was such a struggle for her to keep her food down. it is definitely worth the extra money to keep our pup going strong
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Denton, TX
2 years, 8 months ago
Taste of the Wild is the best! I feed it exclusively to my 110 lb Labrador Retriever and American Eskimo Dog. Both breeds tend to get overweight easily, but they are both in superb condition. Eskies are also picky eaters and, in my experience, have sensitive stomachs. We have had no tummy or skin issues with this dog food. The price is comparable to other grain free brands, but I trust this one the most. I usually order it through Amazon Prime Now if I'm unable to pick it up in store.
Leanne E.
Leanne E.
Boone, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog is not a Shepherd, but she has had tummy issues in the past. After a ton of research we decided to switch her to grain free food. After some more research, we found Taste of the Wild to be the highest quality available for our budget. You can do an autoship through some sites to get a discount. As for if it's worth it? My dog is like a brand new dog. She loves this food. She maintains a healthy weight, she is energetic and her tummy symptoms have pretty much disappeared
Erin W.
Erin W.
2 years, 8 months ago
I absolutely think this is worth the money. When I first got my dogs, I struggled with the the idea of spending that much on dog food, but with larger breeds (I have 2 Alaskan malamute and an Italian mastiff, all 100+ pounds) it is very important that you keep them on a healthy diet. TOTW grain free foods are awesome. We have had no stomach issues since switching to this food. I highly recommend it, or a similar grain free Dog food.
Emily S.
Emily S.
Merced, CA
2 years, 8 months ago
Without being sure what is causing the tummy issues, I have been really happy with this food for our boxer/pit mix. He is an allergic dog and hasn't had any issues. I would urge you to look into what is causing the tummy issues in your GSD. If it's food allergies, you may be ok using this product. And yes, regardless...it's totally worth the money!