BY TASTE OF THE WILD #47 in Dog Food

A fish protein, grain-free formula with sweet potatoes provides highly digestible energy for your sensitive dog. Made with real smoked salmon, this formula offers a taste sensation like no other. Supplemented with vegetables and fruits, this fish and potato formula delivers antioxidants to help give your friend a healthy lifestyle. Your dog craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Ingredients: Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas, canola oil, garbanzo beans, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus reuteri fermentation product, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

• Any of your dog's like this food? Do they seem healthier not eati...1 Answers
  • Is this a good dog food for small breeds?2 Answers
  • Which is better Taste of the Wild or Blue Buffalo Wilderness? We ...3 Answers
Erika C.
Los Angeles , CA
One of my dogs (pitbull mix) is allergic to everything. Last year, it became so bad that he started to lose fur and developed scaly red sores. Despite trying to treat him naturally, we resulted in steroids as nothing else helped. Via a veterinary allergy test, we learned he not only has several food allergies but environmental allergies as well (dogs can be allergic to house dust, wha?). We tried different foods inline with the food allergy list, moved states, changed his outdoor routine, and finally got him back on track. The Sierra Mountain Roasted Lamb Taste of the Wild is the only food that hasn't given him any issues. My other dog has weight issues, arthritis, and can only eat grain free, so I was worried about changing her over. Both dogs are now eating it with excellent results. No allergy issues in either dog and no weight gain in my older dog. Their coats both look shiny and healthy, and my 10 year old Aussie is acting more lively and spry than ever. Highly recommended!!
Tessa S.
Conway, AR
I had my dogs on Taste of the Wild for a few months, and they all got fat!! I've got four dogs, and it seemed that every flavor we tried, at least one dog didn't want to eat it. The clinic I work at used to recommend this brand for food allergy dogs, but recently we've removed it from the list because they changed their ingredients to include "animal byproduct," which most likely means chicken or some other animal source that isn't good for dogs with food sensitivities. None of my dogs have food allergies, but I had them on this because it was a decent price and better quality than foods you generally buy at grocery stores or department stores. It still is decent quality, but beware of weight gain and the possibility of animal byproduct if your dog has food sensitivities!
Gail K.
Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream was a wonder in a bag for my fur baby.

She was a rescue from a very young age. We quickly realized she was having issues with her recommended food.
Numerous trips to the vets and tests later, she was having allergic reactions to ingredients in her food. She could no longer have any type of grains, no beef, no chicken.
We started researching dry dog foods. If there wasn't one out there, I knew we would need to attempt a home made diet. (I was worried in doing do I wouldn't be able to give her all the nutritional needs she would require.) But luckily, I found this product!
Not only does she love this food, but since we started her on it, she hadn't had one allergic reaction since. Her coat and skin look amazing, and she's thriving.
Cassondra P.
Hazard, KY
I have been feeding my 7 year old dog this food since he was a puppy. I have always loved how this food works with my dogs. It is a bit more expensive than foods you would find at the grocery store but it is well worth it to feed a grain free high quality food. My dog has been a super picky eater since I adopted him and after seeing this food at my local Tractor Supply I gave it a go. Not only did I not have to coerce him into eating it he actually ate his first full serving of food on his own. His coat went from feeling like prickly hair to soft and shiny. His vet cannot believe how healthy he is every time we go for a visit.
Anne-Marie O.
Rock Springs, WY
My GSD has a sensitive stomach, this stuff is amazing for her! Her coat is softer and less prone to shedding, she doesn't have horrible dog food breath and cleaning up after her and our three other dogs is much easier. It is made by Diamond, which has a major history of recalls - Taste of the Wild hasn't had the same issues (it is supposed to be from another plant) and my dogs don't exhibit any signs of toxicity (no vomiting, diarrhea or lethargy). If you have issues, give this a try - it was a life-saver for our dogs.
Ashley S.
Bloomington, IN
It definitely is a higher quality food. But my picky pyr is only half interested in eating it. When I put a sample of it in water, to monitor the expansion rate, it hardly swelled (meaning less empty fillers and therefore a better quality). And the ingredients are legitimate. Have you checked the reviews from dog food analysts? This brand gets a perfect score! And price wise, it's not an arm and a leg. I got a 30lb bag for 40 bucks! All in all, we are very happy with it.
Melissa K.
This review is for the salmon variety. Of my 9 Belgian Malinois, 6 of them are fed this variety with great results. Although more expensive than some pet store brands, it is worth the price to have dogs that maintain their weight, have shiny coats, and are not scratching themselves raw from allergies. We feed the yellow bag (bison) to our puppies, because it has a higher fat and protein content. They also do extremely well on Taste of the Wild.
Selena S.
Let me start of and say I have a chihuahua mix poodle and a red healer. They all suffered from dry coats. Then I got them this food and THEIR COATS HAVE NEVER BEEN HEALTHIER. People always ask about their beautiful fur and it is this food. You won't regret buying your pups this! My dogs have not while on this food have any drastic weight gain. On other foods they had weight fluctuations but seem to love the taste and look very healthy!
Megan R.
Colts neck , NJ
We tried my dog on this last year. He's a 14 lb Chihuahua-Jack Russell Mix. He loved the taste of the food, and had no stomach problems associated with it (he's sensitive to some other foods). However, it did not leave him with as much energy as some other brands we have tried. We ultimately took him off it and switched him to a different brand. While we loved the product, it wasn't worth it to see his energy levels drop.
Heather B.
Equality, IL
This food has the most natural ingredients than any other dog food. This is the food the buy for your fur children! It can be VERY expensive, but it will help cut down on a lot of medical issues that other not-so-good foods actually cause for your dogs. So, in the long run, your dogs are healthier and you can cut down on pricey extra vet visits! I highly recommend buying this brand! Your dogs will thank you!
Nikol V.
Trumbull, CT
What is your dog's favorite flavor?
Ashley L.
Seffner, FL
Our Golden Retriever has exhibited some allergy symptoms. We think it is his food. Has anyone else experienced this with their canine pal? Did this food, or any other grain-free/gluten-free diet help?
Lisa K.
Are these good for large dogs weighing up to 75lbs?
Shawna-Leigh G.
Ward, AR
My German Shepherd has been having some tummy issues. we have a boxer and she exhibits no problems with the food. I've heard this is a good brand for shepherds. is it really worth the money?
Kimberly I.
Florissant, MO
Can I get a sample of this from their website? I know some companies give free samples if you email them.