BY DISNEY #39 in Movies

Disney's magnificent animated adaptation of Edgar Rice Burrough's story of the ape man begins deep within the jungle when baby Tarzan is adopted by a family of gorillas. Even though he is shunned as a "hairless wonder" by their leader, Tarzan is accepted by the gorillas and raised as one of their own. Together with his wisecracking ape buddy Terk and neurotic elephant pal Tantor, Tarzan learns how to "surf" and swing through the trees and survive in the animal kingdom. His "Two Worlds" collide with the arrival of humans, forcing Tarzan to choose between a "civilized" life with the beautiful Jane and the life he knows and loves with his gorilla family. Filled with humor, heart, and hilarious fun, Tarzan is an unforgettable adventure you'll watch again and again.

• Has anyone seen the new Tarzan movie? How was it? 10 Answers
  • What was your favorite part about this movie ? 3 Answers
  • What was your favorite part about this movie ? 1 Answers
Mckenna D.
American Fork
This is one of my favorite go too childhood movies, I love the music! My favorite scene is when the animals play the instruments! They have amazing songs and I sing them a lot, i recommend every child to see this! And every adult!!
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my all-time favorite Disney movie!  The soundtrack is also my favorite.  I don't think many Disney soundtracks can top this one.  Phil Collins does a fabulous job with the music.  The story line is also very different and so cute.  This will always be my favorite Disney movie and will never get old to me.  I would highly recommend it to everyone!
Msbaez25 B.
New York
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is not one of Disney's better movies.  The Tarzan story is well known, but Disney sort of ruins it.  I recommend one of the non-animated versions.  Skip this movie, unless you are really bored.
Heather W.
The dude that plays Tarzan holds his own with a stellar supporting cast : Sam Jackson, Margot Robbie, Christoph Waltz- all that's missing is Michael Keaton or Jeff Bridges. Bonus points for the progressive-action adventure plot-Tarzan and Jackson's George Washington Williams, an actual historical figure and real-life Django, attempt to halt King Leopold from enslaving the Congo. Hopefully we will get a sequel soon.
Daislyn R.
Hialeah , FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite animated movies! The story line, animation, and musicality is all so great. My favorite scene is when Tarzan and Jane meet. I do recommend that everyone see this especially from a young age, like at around 4 or 5.
Mary G.
Elmhurst, NY
I love the story line in this movie , Disney story line are alaways good they always have a special message in every Disney movie that kids understand , I will watch this movie again till I get old ...
Heather G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A classic Disney film. This has a wonderful soundtrack, and is animated very well. It's funny and one that adults won't mind watching over and over with the little ones.
Frances S.
I'd give it five stars just for it's soundtrack, mostly created by Phil Collins! I remember being so excited when my mom came home with the vhs tape so that my cousins and I could watch it with pizza on a Friday night. The animation was great, sound effects were awesome, and you can really get attached to Tarzan's ape mother like she's your own. Great movie!
raisa d.
spring, TX
I love this movie I remember the first time watching it when i was a kid , I hugged the vhs tape and took it to put it in my favorite movies box, I'm 21 years old and I still love this movie i watch it every now and then, this movie is flawless, Phil Collins music is so beautiful , the scenes between Tarzan and Jane are memorable and extremely cute.
Ane K.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Omg yessss!!! Im a huge Tarzan fan, i have the games the book, the movie, the toys literally everything. I love Mowgli< idk if thats how its spelled but thats another movie same idea but we never see the little kid grow up. I tend to re watch the movie, thats how much i love it!!! Definitely is for all ages, and its a must watch!
Nancy L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What was the most emotional scene for you?
Maria C.
Anyone ever wonder why Tarzan taught by a British women ended up with an American acccent?
Azra K.
Albany, NY
Has anyone seen the new Tarzan movie? How was it?
Jessica H.
Onalaska, Wi
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie is a classic. I remembering being scared of Tarzan as a child, but as I watch it now, I understand its a really good movie. It depicts beautiful messages with perfect animation. The soundtrack is unforgettable! Watch it1
Celeste E.
Gainesville, GA
What was your favorite part about this movie ?