BY TARTE

Water makes us feel weightless & calm. Give your skin the same treatment with this hypoallergenic, vegan foundation with medium coverage & a natural finish.

• Medium coverage with a natural finish
  • Provides powerful antioxidant protection & pollution defense with marine plant extracts
  • 20% water-based formula provides gentle, yet powerful coverage
  • Helps prevent signs of aging
  • No chemical sunscreen ingredients

Think of this formula as your skin's savior against environmental damage -- the SPF 15 & powerful marine plant extracts help protect against sun damage, signs of aging, pollution, free radicals & more.

POWERED BY:

• water: delivers & retains skin’s natural moisture
  • marine plant extracts: help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • vitamin E: a natural preservative that also acts as an emollient and antioxidant

TARTELETTE APPROVED

• tarte 12-hour power™
  • hypoallergenic
  • vegan
  • dermatologist tested
  • Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen (non-chemical ingredients: titanium dioxide zinc oxide)

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.23%), Zinc Oxide (3.84%) Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower extract, tocopherol.

Usage: Dispense directly onto tarte's double-ended foundation brush (sold separately). Gently buff into skin in circular motions

tarteist™ tip:  For light coverage, use one to two drops. For medium to full coverage, use three to four drops

Lindsay T.
Review for: 14S Fair-Light Sand (Fair To Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
This is a really great foundation, especially for summer. It gives a light but buildable, natural finish that isn't heavy at all and looks lovely on the skin. I do have an issue with foundations breaking up on my nose throughout the day and of all the ones I have used, this one surprisingly doesn't seem to have that issue! The only downfall that I can see is the dropper. It seemed like a really good idea in theory, but when you press the button to get product in the dropper, you only get about a drop or two. It gets a little frustrating having to dip into the bottle multiple times to get the amount of product you need. Usually I just get fed up and wipe off whatever is on the outside of the dropper with my beauty blender.

This issue does appear to be changing soon though, the pictures I've seen of this foundation look to have a blue squeezy topper instead of the button which should hopefully make it easier to get the foundation into the dropper.
Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: 15N Fair-Light Neutral (Fair To Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I was intrigued with this foundation when it was released due to the product claims. It claims to be a lightweight, full coverage, hydrating foundation with a radiant finish. The foundation is also supposed to be 20% water rich. I thought this would be perfect for me considering in the cooler months, I tend to get a bit dry and wanted to have something that would provide more coverage for when I needed it. Below are my thoughts based on my experience with this product:Shade: I thought the shade match was pretty spot on. I ordered this directly online so I never even swatched it but it the shade descriptions were accurate. Coverage: I think this is more of a medium coverage which I don't mind at all. If you are looking for full coverage, I am not sure this would be for you. I have not tried to build this up but based on my experience, I am not sure if it would build that much more - maybe to a high medium. Finish: This claims to have a radiant finish. I found that it has more of a satin/natural finish. Again, I don't mind. It looked really nice on the skin once applied. Hydrating: While I did find this to be very thin, water like consistency and weightless on the skin, I do not know that I would say it is hydrating. It looks nice and natural on the skin but I didn't exactly feel like my skin was hydrated. Application: I prefer to apply this with a brush and then smooth it over with a beauty blender. If I am looking for lighter coverage, I will just go in with a beauty blender. I did find that this clung slightly to any dry patches I had and I did get a bit of creasing in between my brow which is pretty standard for me. I make sure to use a good moisturizer and a hydrating primer when using this foundation. Overall, I think this is a nice foundation. It sets well and seems to last through a work day on my skin. I do not think that this would hold up in heat/humidity though.
Riley M.
Kirksville
As of now, this is my favorite foundation that I use every day. It has a natural-looking finish that is slightly dewy, so if you have oily skin, be prepared for a bit of shine that you may need to apply powder over every once in a while. With a primer and a moisturizer, it looks good all day for me, and I only use a little bit all over my face so the product lasts a while for me. However, I do hate the packaging, as it comes with a pipette-like applicator. Other than that, it's a great product.
Analyssa B.
Orlando, Florida
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 37S Medium-Tan Sand (Medium To Tan Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
In this foundation, I wear Medium-Tan Sand. For reference, I am NC37/NC40 in MAC, G50 in Cover FX, Sand in TF Born This Way, and 4.25 Natural Tan In Bobbi Brown. This foundation is a good medium coverage foundation, a bit on the serum-like side, but still feels extremely lightweight (almost like a moisturizer on.) I would nearly compare it to Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup Spf 25. It doesn’t have a scent, and I have a severe allergy to SPF products (and this gives me no trouble! The product gives A TINY bit of flashback, but nothing too extreme. I have a combination skin type and this help up well in my more dry patches and areas on my face, however in my oilier parts, which is my chin and in the nose crease and on my upper lip, it began to break up after 9 hours. It isn’t noticeable at all in pictures but very close up in a mirror you can see the separation. I advise keeping blotting sheets as well as a beauty blender or small brush in your purse to blend and help with the creasing. The shade match was perfect, as my face is more light than the rest of my body, it was a great meet in the middle shade to match it all together. This also@did not break me out, and I noticed my skin does feel better once it is not on my skin, so I am happy it is improving my skin while i wear it. I have taken a star as I am not thrilled with the dropper application of the product. This would have been better suited for a pump as the dropper doesn’t let me get to the bottom last bits of my product. Nonetheless, I will still buy this because I love it but I wish they had a pump option at least on the side for an additional amount of money or something.
Cybil P.
Portsmouth
Review for: 12N Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
This foundation is ammmmmmmmazing. It goes on smoothly and evenly. It has buildable coverage so you can wear it light or heavy, depending on what type of look you’re going for. The only reason I can’t give it 5 stars is because their neutrals are still really yellow! Also ignore my face in the review picture hahahaha. tarte™ Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Stefanie J.
Clarkdale, GA
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
For years I've been looking for the right foundation. I wanted as full coverage as possible but hydrating as well.
I've gone thru so many brands and formulas that I've lost count. There's a ton of full coverage foundations out there that are amazing but they dry my skin out so bad.
One day, while at Sephora looking for more samples to try, a tarte rep was there and showed me this foundation. I took a sample and used it for two days.
I couldn't believe how hydrated my skin felt!!!
I loved the feel and how lightweight it was. I no longer have to worry about my face flaking off an hour after applying my foundation. This stuff is truly amazing.
The only reason I didn't give this a five-star rating is that it doesn't fully cover the redness of my cheeks. I hate having to use a color corrector or heavy concealer so this is my only complaint.
I'd definitely recommend that foundation to anyone with dry skin! tarte™ Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15tarte Double-Ended Foundation Brush
Jaclyn C.
Holy cow! I've recently been on a foundation hunt, trying to find my *holy grail* product. I tried KVD Lock-It, Too Faced Peach Perfect, and MUFE Mat Velvet and none of them were right for me. I have very light skin tone and combination skin.
This foundation is moisturizing, but settles into a natural/soft-matte finish. It doesn't settle into lines or cake onto dry patches. It has a medium to full buildable coverage that really is buildable without looking cakey. I will say that full coverage with this foundation isn't as opaque as say KVD, but I like that. Even when I layer this on I don't look like I'm wearing a full face. I do have to use concealer for undereye circles or really pesky pimples.
The packaging is so pretty, but I really don't like the dropper. I would prefer a pump just for ease of use. However, I can completely look past the dropper because of how much I love this foundation.
Kaitlyn H.
Annapolis, MD
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 12N Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I like the coverage of this foundation, but it can feel heavy. It’s better to blend this with a beauty sponge or use very littl product on a brush and build as needed. A little goes a long way and make sure to know your undertone or purchase this in store to be able to color match. Fair neutral pulled more yellow on my skin.
britney S.
Athens
This is my all time favorite foundation, and I am currently on my 4th bottle of it. It is very lightweight while providing a skin-like look with a semi-matte finish. I think the coverage it high. I recommend this to everyone searching for a good, daily foundation that won't feel heavy but provide the look wanted.
Letty R.
Los Angeles
I had tried the NARS Barcelona foundation previous to this foundation; however, it would always leave my face dry. I use primer underneath my make-up and I didn’t understand why my make-up would look patchy. After going into Sephora and talking to a make-up artist, she suggested I buy the Tarte medium-tan sand. I have a mixture of both oily and dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that I could wear daily at work. I fell in love with the foundation. It did blend well with my skin and it didn’t feel heavy. The only reason why I gave this foundation a 3 star is because the bottle’s custom dropper applicator gets a lot of foundation stuck inside the dropper. The dropper never really worked for me since often times I had to tilt the bottle to get the foundation out. Sometimes the dropper would grab the foundation well, but when pressed down to release the foundation to my face a large amount would come out. I never had a great experience with the dropper. It either had too much product inside or on the outside (“around the dropper”). No one wants to waste foundation when applied. The dropper was perhaps the only negative design this product had. Overall, the foundation is great. It left my skin smooth and gave me a soft complexion. If you want an easy and fast application choose a different foundation.
Brittany R.
Millville, NJ
What would you say the pros/cons are with this foundation? I have been wanting to try it since it launched but, "water" foundation sounds a bit unappealing.
Jordan W.
Blackshear, GA
I have dry skin and sensitive skin. How does this foundation work with dry skin?
Blair N.
is this foundation cakey?
Hunter N.
I hear that this is really good for dry skin? Any one have any experience if it helped or did it make your skin worse? Thank you!!
Edith C.
Los Angeles , Ca
As i walked to sephora and asked about e regular tarte foundation, i was told it was clay. Sampling the foundation, i noticed to gave me full coverage along with pimples. This foundation being water based foundation, do you guys know if it gives a full coverage?

Amazon