BY TARTE

Water makes us feel weightless & calm. Give your skin the same treatment with this hypoallergenic, vegan foundation with medium coverage & a natural finish.

• Medium coverage with a natural finish
  • Provides powerful antioxidant protection & pollution defense with marine plant extracts
  • 20% water-based formula provides gentle, yet powerful coverage
  • Helps prevent signs of aging
  • No chemical sunscreen ingredients

Think of this formula as your skin's savior against environmental damage -- the SPF 15 & powerful marine plant extracts help protect against sun damage, signs of aging, pollution, free radicals & more.

POWERED BY:

• water: delivers & retains skin’s natural moisture
  • marine plant extracts: help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • vitamin E: a natural preservative that also acts as an emollient and antioxidant

TARTELETTE APPROVED

• tarte 12-hour power™
  • hypoallergenic
  • vegan
  • dermatologist tested
  • Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen (non-chemical ingredients: titanium dioxide zinc oxide)

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.23%), Zinc Oxide (3.84%) Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower extract, tocopherol.

Usage: Dispense directly onto tarte's double-ended foundation brush (sold separately). Gently buff into skin in circular motions

tarteist™ tip:  For light coverage, use one to two drops. For medium to full coverage, use three to four drops

Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: 15N Fair-Light Neutral (Fair To Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I was intrigued with this foundation when it was released due to the product claims. It claims to be a lightweight, full coverage, hydrating foundation with a radiant finish. The foundation is also supposed to be 20% water rich. I thought this would be perfect for me considering in the cooler months, I tend to get a bit dry and wanted to have something that would provide more coverage for when I needed it. Below are my thoughts based on my experience with this product:Shade: I thought the shade match was pretty spot on. I ordered this directly online so I never even swatched it but it the shade descriptions were accurate. Coverage: I think this is more of a medium coverage which I don't mind at all. If you are looking for full coverage, I am not sure this would be for you. I have not tried to build this up but based on my experience, I am not sure if it would build that much more - maybe to a high medium. Finish: This claims to have a radiant finish. I found that it has more of a satin/natural finish. Again, I don't mind. It looked really nice on the skin once applied. Hydrating: While I did find this to be very thin, water like consistency and weightless on the skin, I do not know that I would say it is hydrating. It looks nice and natural on the skin but I didn't exactly feel like my skin was hydrated. Application: I prefer to apply this with a brush and then smooth it over with a beauty blender. If I am looking for lighter coverage, I will just go in with a beauty blender. I did find that this clung slightly to any dry patches I had and I did get a bit of creasing in between my brow which is pretty standard for me. I make sure to use a good moisturizer and a hydrating primer when using this foundation. Overall, I think this is a nice foundation. It sets well and seems to last through a work day on my skin. I do not think that this would hold up in heat/humidity though.
AMANDA G.
Buffalo, NY
Review for: 12B Fair Beige (Fair Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
This is a great foundation. It feels moisturizing going on and have a beautiful natural finish. Thankfully they have a shade that matches me really well though I would say it's a particular wide shade range given what other companies offer. It has a good wear time and is very comfortable. I have combo skin so kt does wear down on my particularly oily areas (nose) and settles a  it in my dry areas it later in the day if I'm not sufficiently moisturized and exfoliated. Overall I enjoy this foundation.
Analyssa B.
Orlando, Florida
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 37S Medium-Tan Sand (Medium To Tan Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
In this foundation, I wear Medium-Tan Sand. For reference, I am NC37/NC40 in MAC, G50 in Cover FX, Sand in TF Born This Way, and 4.25 Natural Tan In Bobbi Brown. This foundation is a good medium coverage foundation, a bit on the serum-like side, but still feels extremely lightweight (almost like a moisturizer on.) I would nearly compare it to Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup Spf 25. It doesn’t have a scent, and I have a severe allergy to SPF products (and this gives me no trouble! The product gives A TINY bit of flashback, but nothing too extreme. I have a combination skin type and this help up well in my more dry patches and areas on my face, however in my oilier parts, which is my chin and in the nose crease and on my upper lip, it began to break up after 9 hours. It isn’t noticeable at all in pictures but very close up in a mirror you can see the separation. I advise keeping blotting sheets as well as a beauty blender or small brush in your purse to blend and help with the creasing. The shade match was perfect, as my face is more light than the rest of my body, it was a great meet in the middle shade to match it all together. This also@did not break me out, and I noticed my skin does feel better once it is not on my skin, so I am happy it is improving my skin while i wear it. I have taken a star as I am not thrilled with the dropper application of the product. This would have been better suited for a pump as the dropper doesn’t let me get to the bottom last bits of my product. Nonetheless, I will still buy this because I love it but I wish they had a pump option at least on the side for an additional amount of money or something.
Mabel F.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is such a nice satin finish foundation. I liked how light it felt and the medium to full coverage made my skin flawless. I had expected it to not hold up well near my t zone but surprising it held up well around my oily areas. I have some dry patches too but it didn’t cling horribly to it. I’m quite impressed with how well it wears through the day as there were no weird patches.
Marleen V.
Purchased at: Sephora
i really love this foundation! i’ve bought about 3 bottles already. i have dry skin and i feel like it helps in a way bc it’s a water foundation. i would say it’s a medium coverage. i like the quality the bottle is very pretty as well and the packaging. for me i feel like it’s worth the price. it’s a very good foundation for dry skin. would definitely recommend
Stefanie J.
Clarkdale, GA
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
For years I've been looking for the right foundation. I wanted as full coverage as possible but hydrating as well.
I've gone thru so many brands and formulas that I've lost count. There's a ton of full coverage foundations out there that are amazing but they dry my skin out so bad.
One day, while at Sephora looking for more samples to try, a tarte rep was there and showed me this foundation. I took a sample and used it for two days.
I couldn't believe how hydrated my skin felt!!!
I loved the feel and how lightweight it was. I no longer have to worry about my face flaking off an hour after applying my foundation. This stuff is truly amazing.
The only reason I didn't give this a five-star rating is that it doesn't fully cover the redness of my cheeks. I hate having to use a color corrector or heavy concealer so this is my only complaint.
I'd definitely recommend that foundation to anyone with dry skin! tarte™ Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15tarte Double-Ended Foundation Brush
Jaclyn C.
Holy cow! I've recently been on a foundation hunt, trying to find my *holy grail* product. I tried KVD Lock-It, Too Faced Peach Perfect, and MUFE Mat Velvet and none of them were right for me. I have very light skin tone and combination skin.
This foundation is moisturizing, but settles into a natural/soft-matte finish. It doesn't settle into lines or cake onto dry patches. It has a medium to full buildable coverage that really is buildable without looking cakey. I will say that full coverage with this foundation isn't as opaque as say KVD, but I like that. Even when I layer this on I don't look like I'm wearing a full face. I do have to use concealer for undereye circles or really pesky pimples.
The packaging is so pretty, but I really don't like the dropper. I would prefer a pump just for ease of use. However, I can completely look past the dropper because of how much I love this foundation.
Letty R.
Los Angeles
I had tried the NARS Barcelona foundation previous to this foundation; however, it would always leave my face dry. I use primer underneath my make-up and I didn’t understand why my make-up would look patchy. After going into Sephora and talking to a make-up artist, she suggested I buy the Tarte medium-tan sand. I have a mixture of both oily and dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that I could wear daily at work. I fell in love with the foundation. It did blend well with my skin and it didn’t feel heavy. The only reason why I gave this foundation a 3 star is because the bottle’s custom dropper applicator gets a lot of foundation stuck inside the dropper. The dropper never really worked for me since often times I had to tilt the bottle to get the foundation out. Sometimes the dropper would grab the foundation well, but when pressed down to release the foundation to my face a large amount would come out. I never had a great experience with the dropper. It either had too much product inside or on the outside (“around the dropper”). No one wants to waste foundation when applied. The dropper was perhaps the only negative design this product had. Overall, the foundation is great. It left my skin smooth and gave me a soft complexion. If you want an easy and fast application choose a different foundation.
Jaclyn M.
Allentown, PA
Review for: 22S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
I don't know if I'm allergic to something in this foundation or if it's really NOT moisturizing, but my skin got SO textured and dry using this. Light sand was a great match for me, the product applied easily (although the dropper bottles always get messy), it was extremely comfortable and lightweight, and my skin looked gorgeous for the first two or three days I used it. Then things changed, and my skin flipped out. I was super red with rosacea, dry, cracked, flaking, peeling, and my texture got so bumpy. I am allergic to aloe, so if it had aloe, that may explain it, but I didn't see that on this foundation's ingredient list, so I just don't know. Packaging is gorgeous, shade range seemed pretty decent, and the price is middle of the road for a prestige product.
Amanda M.
oh
Review for: 22S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
i love this foundation! i bought this on a resale site for only 25.00 and i love it! i wear the shade light sand which matches me perfectly. i love the applicator it makes it easy to apply. i have dry skin so i love how dewy this is. it also has spf which is great. it has pretty good coverage with one drop. im very impressed with it. its also cruelty free which i love! highly recommend!
Brittany R.
Millville, NJ
What would you say the pros/cons are with this foundation? I have been wanting to try it since it launched but, "water" foundation sounds a bit unappealing.
Jordan W.
Blackshear, GA
I have dry skin and sensitive skin. How does this foundation work with dry skin?
Blair N.
is this foundation cakey?
Hunter N.
I hear that this is really good for dry skin? Any one have any experience if it helped or did it make your skin worse? Thank you!!
Edith C.
Los Angeles , Ca
As i walked to sephora and asked about e regular tarte foundation, i was told it was clay. Sampling the foundation, i noticed to gave me full coverage along with pimples. This foundation being water based foundation, do you guys know if it gives a full coverage?

Sephora