BY TARTE

A talc-free, vegan tinted pressed powder that sets makeup & helps control shine.

• Vitamin A: antioxidant that retains moisture and helps protect against free radical damage
  • Vitamin C: antioxidant free radical fighter that helps prevent premature signs of aging, while brightening skin
  • Mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

Product performance: Keeps skin hydrated, matte, & beautifully balanced. Silky, featherlight powder can be worn solo as a sheer complexion corrector or on top of other makeup, & is formulated with Amazonian clay & antioxidant vitamins A, C, & E.

All shades Ingredients: Mica, polyethylene, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspoymer, tricaprylin, boron nitride, nylon-12, caprylic/capric triglyceride, magnesium myristate, aluminum hydroxide, ascorbyl palmitate, chlorphenesin, hydrongenated lecithin, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl palmitate, kaolin, lanolin alcohol, potassium sorbate, retinyl palmitate, silica, stearic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. (+/-): Manganese Violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), zinc oxide (CI 77947), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Amy P.
Kensington, MD
I really love this powder. It fulfills almost everything that it promises. My skin is extremely oily, and prior to switching to Smooth Operator I had to blot constantly. Now, I use smooth operator to set my foundation and it keeps my skin matte for most of the day. I usually have to apply a little more after about 6 hours, but compared to the hourly blotting that I had to to before, this is nothing. Additionally, I like that this product is formulated without talc. I have very sensitive eyes, and products containing talc are quite irritating, but I had a lot of difficulty finding a setting powder that was talc free. Well, this is definitely it! As far as the claim that it will minimize the appearance of pores, I'm not sure about that. I have very large pores, and while it does give the illusion of minimizing the appearance of them WHILE I'm wearing it, I'm not sure that it truly affected my actual pore size.

My one complaint about this product is the packaging. You can dispense the product by pressing down next to the hole in the top, but I've found that this dispenses WAY more product than necessary, and sometimes creates an inconvenient mess. This is an expensive product, and I hate to waste any of it. Usually, I end up tapping the container on its side to dispense product out of the tiny hole and into the lid. A very small amount comes out at a time. There is not happy medium. I wish that this packaging had been designed with a few more holes in the top, that might make it a little easier to dispense.

That said, overall I really love this product. It does a wonderful job setting my makeup and controlling oil. I'd recommend it to anyone who has problems with oily skin. It really does an amazing job and I will continue to purchase it, in spite of the annoying packaging.
Mallory M.
I apply this product before my mascara and after applying concealer, foundation, and blush or bronzer. I don’t use the pad that comes with the powder. Instead, I use a full bristled tarte brush to get the allover coverage I need without caking on the product. This product smooths and blurs and absorbs oil, locking in my look all day!
Monicka A.
Port Angeles, WA
Review for: Light more...
I love most of Tarte's products.  However, this power really doesn't do anything for me.  I know it's just a finishing powder, but it feels dry on my skin and doesn't give the flawless and natural look that I like to finish with.  The casing is nice, I really like the look of the Amazonian products, but this was a miss for me.
Sabrina S.
Perth amboy , Nj
I just purchased this product from Sephora and have been using it for about 2 weeks and I LOVE IT! It was recommended to me by a sales woman because (especially in the winter) my skin tends to be dry and even flakey BUT my skin is also acne prone and gets oily and shiny during the day and I use blotting papers. My skin may also be extra dry because of the retin a I am currently using every other night (for acne). I use a moisturizing bb cream most days instead of foundation and I apply this product over it with a big fluffy brush. My skin looks and feels flawless. It doesn't get shiny after an hour or two and if I apply my makeup at 8 pm I only occasionally use a blotting paper in the late afternoon. At lunch I sometimes use a little more of this powder but many days I don't remember to and my face doesn't look or feel super shiny. I also love that this powder doesn't look cakey or flakey and doesn't feel heavy. If you are looking or in need of a face powder PLEASE give this one a try! It may be a bit more expensive then some but to really worth it!
PS Sephora has great return policy incase you don't like it....Altho I don't know how anyone can not like this powder!
Despina N.
Midlothian, VA
Review for: Medium, Light more...
Tartes tinted pressed finishing powder is ok. It is not my favorite or my least favorite. For my particular skin type (which is very oily) it doesn’t keep me as matte as I would like. I’ve purchased a few times, but probably wouldn’t ever again.
Chrystal B.
Medina, TN
I just recently purchased this for the first time. It sets wonderfully. The shade matches my skin great and my makeup looks and stays amazing all day. I found that applying with the TARTE brush seemed to help a lot with application and the price is reasonable. It also has little to no followout. That's a huge plus.
Kristina M.
Review for: Medium more...
I love this finishing powder! I have never been a fan of translucent powders because of flashback but this has saved me from worrying about flashback! The color selection is small which is the only downside. It’s a matte finish and great for oily skin. It might be a bit drying for those with dry skin.
Michelle W.
Review for: Light more...
I use this paired with my too faced foundation and  spritz of primer water or fix+ to nix any powder look. It comes out beautifully! Price point is a bit high but it seems to last. I also love that it's a pressed powder and I don't have to mess with a loose one to get the look I desire.
Kelly G.
Brentwood, TN
Review for: Light more...
I have really liked the tarte powder. I use their amazon clay foundation first, then concealer, and finally this powder to set it. I am very active at my job but it generally lasts me the whole work day. Sometimes I do need to touch up after work. I like the matte finish it leaves on my face.
Sydney N.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Light more...
Really great finishing powder! Goes on well without the heaviness of a powder foundation. Good matte finish as well, but I don’t necessarily see that extra bit of coverage I would’ve liked with a tinted finishing powder. Finishes off my liquid foundation well though, so still a great product!
Jasmine G.
Chico, CA
I have a pretty oily T-zone and tend to get cakey around my nose and forehead if I apply too much powder. Does this powder get cakey easily?
claudia G.
Can I use this for baking my cheek bones ?
Ann C.
Spokane, WA
Does this make your makeup look cakey at all?
Marlena A.
Brawley, CA
How is this product used or what is it's purpose
jessica s.
Livingston, NJ
Has anyone tried this yet?