Jasmine G.
Chico, CA

I have a pretty oily T-zone and tend to get cakey around my nose and forehead if I apply too much powder. Does this powder get cakey easily?

Adriana G.
Adriana G.
Doral, FL
1 year, 9 months ago
Nope, i have a pretty oily T-zone too! and this powder it's great for oil control, i rlly love it
Joy T.
Joy T.
Las Cruces, NM
2 years, 7 months ago
It can build up if you apply too much, like any powder. I have an oily T-zone as well and it will tend to cake around the nose without a mattifying primer. I use either Dr Brandt Pores no more or Becca Mattifying primer.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Somerville, MA
2 years, 7 months ago
I've never had any problems with caking. I find it to be super light and transparent, a great finishing powder.
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Newport News, VA
2 years, 7 months ago
I have very oily skin also. I started using the Tarte Smooth operator about 3 months ago and it's amazing. I haven't had any caking or flaking when it. It actual kind of mattifies my skin. It's become my Holy Grail powder! See if you can get a travel size or sample size first (that's what I did) just to make sure it will work for you also
Jasmin Z.
Jasmin Z.
Los Angeles , CA
2 years, 7 months ago
I feel like it does not tend to get cakey at all and it pretty much does the job of keeping you matte. The only thing I dislike about this product is that you can definitely see a white cast in pictures. I would start off with a sample if I were you, since it's a bit pricey. I also recommend trying out the E.l.f HD loose powder (only $6), it's great for oily skin. It works wonders on my skin, since I tend to get really oily all around my T-zone.
Alexis A.
Alexis A.
2 years, 7 months ago
No t I don't think this powder looks very cake on myself . But one way I try to prevent the cakeyness around that area is I don't actually apply a ton of foundation in that area because my nose doesn't need much coverage and then there is not much need to apply that much powdeeper in that area. ( lightly dust the excess powder in thr area)
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Watford City, ND
2 years, 7 months ago
I don't think it does at all! I think this powder tends to absorb the oil without getting cakey at all! I really love this product for that reason!
Laura  J.
Laura J.
2 years, 7 months ago
I have had no problems with this caking. It is lighter than most powders but honestly it's best for skin that is just barely oily because it is so fine and light.
Monica B.
Monica B.
Memphis, TN
2 years, 7 months ago
It doesn't cake on me! I have oily skin as well and use it to bake and it doesn't cake up or look ashy!