BY TARTE

Silky translucent, vegan finishing powder with naturally balancing Amazonian clay to reduce shine & enhance your makeup

• Amazonian clay: acts as a total skin balancer by hydrating & reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, while removing surface oil & improving overall skin clarity & texture

Product performance: This microfine loose, invisible clay powder blends effortlessly into any skin tone to set your foundation to a breathable matte finish without chalky residue or flashback. The secret’s in the clay – it naturally balances all skin types to absorb oil, minimize the appearance of pores & make your makeup last without flaking or clinging to dry patches. You can also use the oil free formula as an undereye baking or treatment powder – Amazonian clay will absorb shine to reveal a smooth, soft-focus finish.

Ingredients: Silica, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, kaolin.

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without glute.

Made in China.

• Which setting powder is your favorite? mine is tarte™ smo...6 Answers
  • Does it give flash back? tarte™ smooth operator ™ Amazoni...1 Answers
  • Does anyone recommend this product? I’m looking for a new...6 Answers
brittany m.
Let me tell you about this finishing powder. Not only did I drive to Milwaukee with make up, it was 90 degrees out side. I got a bit carried away at the hotel bar, went to the room to change for a concert at the rave. I sweat some bad at that concert I wore just ask sports bra and shorts. I still had the make up from my morning on. After we got back to the hotel, (still had makeup on with this finishing powder) we continued drinking and ran around the hotel. My friend wouldn't let me put the 8 foot statue of a nutcracker on the roof top after finding the secret entrance, so we went to bed around 3am. No, I didntvwash my face. Slept in a full face of make up. On the morning, we left to go home. I'm not kidding, my eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara were still in perfect condition on my face. Aside from some stray mascara on my face, it was PERFECT. The next morning. And my face didn't look greasy. It also makes your face less shiney in photos
Breezy B.
San Antonio , TX
This product has some strong pros and cons, as long as you learn how to use the power to the best of its ability the reward payoff is great!

PROS:makes the skin look so smooth and flawless! Undereye crinkles...where?! Product is very finely milled and smooth operator is a very fitting title. The power does not wear off throughout the day so you’re undereyes look good all day long.

CONS: Flashback Mary. While it’s a “translucent” power, if you apply too much, the product is visible on your skin. Don’t even think about flash photos while wearing this, you will glow...and not in a good way. Also, this product is great as an undereye powder but not to set your entire face because other products (bronzer, highlighter, blush) WILL NOT sit on top of it.
Jill S.
Buffalo, NY
I had received this product as a sample size, which I was very excited about. I very soon became disappointed. The product was extremely difficult to get out of the packaging, and then when it eventually came out, only the tiniest bit came out. The bit I was able to get out and use did not do much either. It did not set my foundation correctly and left a white film over my face and just overall did not sit well. I have dry skin and an oily T zone and this powder did nothing but make those areas worse. One positive that I am able to say is that the powder was very smooth and didn't leave much residue when dropping onto my black leggings. I definitely would NOT buy a full size of this, instead a way better alternative for me would be the translucent setting powder by IT cosmetics
Macee K.
Minneola, KS
This is a pretty nice finishing powder. It does a decent job at hiding any oily ness on my face. It applies well. It does smell a tiny bit odd, but I feel like most finishing powders do. It’s a lattle on the expensive side for my taste. I feel like it’s hard to make a bad translucent powder so I have a cheap one I use. I probably wouldn’t buy this again unless it was on sale for a pretty good price. I prefer to save that money and spend it on more pretty items that I like to have better quality of like eyeshadow and lipsticks.
Manda G.
Grove city, OH
I've tried tons of setting powders and so far this is the only setting powder that is not super cakey doesn't change the color of my Foundation or concealer when I apply it and it seems to hold my concealer and foundation and place wherever I said it with this setting powder. I prefer the setting powder over all of the rest of the setting powders that I have tried and there have been so many I cannot even count at this point. Tart has an amazing setting powder for sure
Stephanie C.
I used this powder for over a year and am still using it sometimes. I have the small "travel" size and its lasted me this long, and I still have about a 1/4th of it left. Its a perfect, lightweight powder for setting the face. I use this under the eyes and lightly on my tzone and the rest of my face. Products apply smoothly over and it helps to blur my pores. It is a completely translucent powder that does not give extra coverage or color at all. It is super finely milled and lightweight and never has looked cakey on me. This has been my go-to for about a year, so I have nothing bad to say about it!
Whitney H.
Erwin, TN
This is some of the finest milled powder I've ever touched. Literally feels like silk. I dont know if it causes flash back at all because I dont do flash photography ever and I'm never in a situation that calls for it. I will say it is great for the under eye and for all over your face. I especially love this for around the nose and smile lines. Its q little hard to bake with but that's okay with me because I'm 33 and baking isn't always the best idea or more mature skin. Overall I really like it. Makes your skin look airbrushed and minimizes pores really really well.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I really liked this when I first tried it, but for some reason didn't wow me, so I returned it.i think it left a white cast on my face and made me look dry and cakey. I am actually not a big fan of Tarte foundations I've tried or powders. I do have the Amazonian clay powder as well and wish I could return it. I'm sure it'll be sitting around for years to come until maybe I find someone with the same skin tone to give it to. Unfortunately. Anyway.. this was my first setting powder I ever purchased, but I'm loving the cover fx I've got. Really not worth the price.
Lindsey P.
Muskegon, MI
Tarte Smooth Operator loose finishing powder is the first type of finishing powder product that I ever tried, thanks to an Ipsy Glam bag I received years ago. Good one to start with that's for sure and it started my addiction. It does exactly what you want a loose finishing powder to do for you, keeps your makeup set in place, controls a "normal" amount of oil on normal skin types and best of all, blurs fine lines, pores and any texture, leaving your skin looking airbrushed. I love how light and fine tis powder is and it never looks cakey on me!
Meredith S.
Clinton
Talk about a FLAWLESS finish. I tried this for the first time the other day. I received it in my ipsy bag.  I always have an issue with loose powder opening and getting absolutely everywhere. Not this one, it is very easily manageable with the way the little disk opens and closes. I really think this make my pores so much smaller and less noticeable. I give this a five star rating. I love a good matte look at the end of my makeup routine, but I always make sure I have my glow from my highlighter (:
Chelsea B.
Omaha, NE
I got this product in an ipsy bag but am unsure how to use it. Is it like a primer and is put down first or is it used after? When I've tried to put it on top of my eyeshadow it's just white.
Leighann M.
Loch Sheldrke, NY
Is it worth it?
Savannah G.
Boone, NC
What does this do to the face? Is it a setting powder or how an illuminator?
Does this have flashback?
Rana⚽️ A.
Fremont , CA
Does this product have flashback?

Amazon