tarte™ shape tape contour concealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
Jennifer S.
Chicago
Hands down ,this is my all-time fav now!!This concealer is way better than the Kat Von D™ Lock-It Concealer Créme.This Shape Tape concealer has a lot of product, it is full coverage, and comes in a wide shade range which is helpful for anyone looking for a concealer with their shade or close to it.A con with this concealer is that it dries out really fast so you have to blend REALLY quickly or it'll leave like a ..stain?Not a stain like a Clorox™ stain that won't come off but you could tell you did not blend it right if you just leave for like a minute on your skin.Anyways i WILL be repurchasing this concealer, because i just LOVE IT ..i'm hoping it lasts me for many months.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
Ohhhhh yessssss!!!! Ever since this came out it has been in my makeup bag! I have yet to find anything that even comes close to comparing. It's definitely a full coverage concealer so if you don't want full coverage then don't get this. If you want a concealer that is going to cover up your under eye circles, blemishes, Fine Lines, broken blood vessels, dark spots, this is it right here! It sets itself so it doesn't crease or get dry or anything like that it's like the world's most perfect concealer. I use this as part of my everyday routine my favorite shade is light medium honey that's my perfect shade for my under eyes and the center of my face like my chin the bridge of my nose and just the center of my forehead. It brightens it up perfectly. I know they advertise it as a contour concealer as well but to be completely honest I've tried it as a contour shade and I wasn't really that crazy about it I just feel like I have a million other products that do a much better job contouring, but as far as brightening and concealing this is where it's at! Love it love it love it!
ly v.
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I have been keeping an eye on this concealer for the longest and debating whether or not it was worth buying. Finally,I was at Ulta looking around and somehow made my way to the Tarte section and decided to do some swatches of it and had to pick one up. I have been using it for quite a while now and so far I love it. Here the thing though, you do have to set this bad boy or it will come off, I didn’t set once cause I had ran out of my favorite setting powder and whenever I was touching my under eye, I saw that some had transferred off. Overall, it is worth the money and hype. They do only sell this at Ulta if you want to go in store and swatch it, Hope this helps! ❤️ tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
Josie K.
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones), 12N Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
We all know the hype behind this concealer, and it's all pretty much true.  I was on a battle for years trying to find the perfect concealer at the drug store because I couldn't justify spending nearly thirty dollars on a concealer.. But I finally took the plunge nearly a month ago and I'm a fan.  So much so that I purchased a shade for my skin and another for under the eyes.  Currently because I have a bit of a tan I mix fair neutral and light neutral under the eyes and apply light neutral over any blemishes or discoloration.  This formula is incredibly full coverage so a tube lasts a lifetime! I highly recommend (because one tube lasts for such a long time) that you never apply the wand directly to your face for anything other than under the eyes.  Instead apply to the back of the hand and work from there.  Taking the applicator and pressing it onto your skin, which may have active breakouts, and then re-exposing the applicator to the product is asking for contamination and then you might notice your favorite product is breaking you out.  Not from the formula, but from bacteria you're exposing it to. Just a little tip.  I'm a huge fan of this concealer and will continue to use!  Oh! For under the eyes, always set with a bit of powder to help avoid creasing, all concealers crease but with a little bit of setting this is the best of them all.
Ree🎀 H.
New York
Review for: 53N Deep (Deep Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I must be the only person on Earth who isn't a fan of this concealer. The hype around this product is literally astounding. Anyway, I tend to heavily rely on my concealers as I typically don't wear foundation. My skin is the oily combination type and this product was my worst nightmare for it. Tons of YouTube reviews mention that the reviewer found it drying on their under eye so I was actually really excited to try it on my super shiny face. When I finally got it, I applied it to my oily T zone and above my lip to cover my discoloration and blended it out using my  Flower Ultimate 3-in-1 Blending Sponge, MB1 . For the first couple of hours I loved it, it was super full coverage and hid all my major discoloration marks and kept my face gloriously matte. After maybe 3 hours, I looked at my face and was dismayed to find it a shining grease ball, worse than usual. And I had set my the concealer with the  Maybelline Fit Me® Loose Finishing Powder .
I was really confused for a while but then came to the conclusion that the concealer was so drying that my skin overcompensated for the lack of moisture, resulting in a really oily face.
I think if your skin type is normal to dry and don't mind a bit of your skin drying out, this product will be great for you.
JAWNIE B.
Easley, SC
It looks great on my skin and has a satin finish that I really enjoyed and looked good even though my undereyes are dry. It pretty much set itself so I didn't need powder under my eyes nor did it set too matte that my undereyes got dry. It had a nice hint of glow. It has really high coverage, I don't need to color correct with this but it makes my eyes sting and water when it gets too close to my lashline. I was freaking out until I read the ingredients and saw it had fragrance. If there's one place I will never put fragrance on, it's on my undereyes, especially if inflammation occurs. I'm squeamish about microscopic damage and trust me, my undereyes do not need to get puffier. Also, the satin finish makes me not want to use it on blemishes either so that they're not highlighted, not that I would want to make an inflammation more inflamed. I'm surprised at tarte for adding fragrance to something that may people would be using near their eyes, especially when a lot of their other products don't have any issues. What's next, nice-smelling mascara?
Mary S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
The best concealer I've ever used. I'm middle eastern and I have very dark purple undereye circles. My skin overall is also light with a yellow undertone. I tried several shades but decided that Light Neutral was the best for me. This creases less than any other concealer I've ever used, but I do still need to set it with a translucent powder to keep it from further tiny creasing. It layers extremely well, but I've noticed that a little bit of my dark circles do still peek through. That's an issue with my dark circles though, because they're just extremely dark, and not an issue with this concealer. I did try to use this with some  Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid in the shade yellow to offset my purple circles, but it looked cakey because it was too much product and the Shape Tape is very thick. (But for the record, the Shape Tape does just as much on its own as it did with the color correcter, rendering the color correcter useless anyways.) I've also used my Shape Tape to cover blemishes and dark spots both under and on top of my foundation. Using it under foundation will cause your face to look a bit cakey. Instead, I've started applying my foundation first, and then taking the Shape Tape on a tiny brush and putting a little dab on blemishes and dark spots/acne scars. I give it about 30 seconds to partially dry, and then I pat it into that spot with my ring finger. The waiting allows it to set a bit, and using my ring finger to pat it in ensures that it's just a light pat so the product just blends in and doesn't come off of my skin. It really matches perfectly with my foundation,  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup in the shade Sand. The one downside that I've found is that when I try to use this for contouring on my nose, forehead, and chin, it accentuates my pores, especially the ones on my nose with are my largest pores. I've tried it both under and on top of my foundation, but this happens either way, so I've now stopped using it for contouring. In general, I love this concealer with a burning passion, especially for my undereye circles, and I'll probably use it until my dying day!
Nicole A.
Baltimore
Purchased at: ULTA
I know I am probably the minority here but this is not my favorite concealer. I’ve tried a lot of concealers over the years and this was just okay. I will say that I liked it better when I first started using it. I hadn’t tried as many concealers at that point and was younger - not as many fine lines or things I wanted/needed to cover. My skin was also not as dry. As I’ve aged, my skin has lost some moisture and I’ve started to get those pesky fine lines around my eyes. This just doesn’t perform well on me anymore. My undereyes end up look extremely cakey by the end of the day, every line I have is pronounced and it feels/looks heavy. It’s a really creamy concealer and the shade was light was a good shade match for me. I’ve since tried a lot of other concealers that have out performed this product and do it while looking much better. I will say that it is pretty full coverage though - I definitely can conceal any darkness. I think this would be great for someone younger without problematic undereyes. I have kept mine around to use an eyeshadow primer so as not to waste it.
Ashanti D.
Salisbury, NC
Review for: 53N Deep (Deep Skin With Neutral Undertones), 60N Mahogany (Very Deep Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
Best under eye concealer I've EVER tried
I LOVE this concealer for so many different reasons. I had never been able to find an under eye concealer that worked for my drier skin and dark under eye circles. Most full coverage concealers on the market were too heavy and drying, which would leave me looking cakey. However, anything else that was a bit more moisturizing wouldn't have enough pigmentation to cover my terrible dark circles. So, I was completely floored when I found this new Tarte concealer. I tried out the shades medium and light-medium underneath my eyes. I found both shades had a strong peachy tone, with light-medium leaning more pink and medium leaning more peach. The peachy tone in medium was PERFECT for counteracting the blue in my under eyes. I was so impressed with how little concealer I had to use to cover up my dark circles. The coverage is out of this world. Plus, the texture is beautiful! It's not too thick or too thin. It felt smooth and blended like a dream. Unlike thicker full coverage concealers on the market, I don't find myself needing to use a damp sponge to work it into the skin. This one is so easy to blend I can get away with just using my fingers. Also, the finish is just perfect. Once it sets, the concealer is definitely matte, but never dry or flat looking. It smooths over texture and doesn't settle into fine lines. Plus, (probably best of all) it hardly creases, if at all. I found that if I used a heavy eye cream immediately prior to application, it would crease a bit. However that can easily be prevented by just letting the eye cream to completely soak in. This concealer lasts all day without looking dry or cakey or faded. My only gripes with this concealer are the lack of shades. Unless you have a strong peachy undertone in your skin, I don't see this working well for concealing acne or scars. I tried that and it looked quite orange on my warm, medium-yellow skin. Also, it tends to oxidize darker. Still, this is my new HG under eye concealer!
Caroline D.
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I really wanted to give this concealer 5 stars, and I think I would if I had the right shade. This is definitely the fullest coverage concealer I have ever used. I use it on my under eyes most days, and I'm shocked by how easily it covers my dark circles.

That said, I have found that it oxidizes somewhat and creases depending on my foundation. I can't tell if it's the foundation that I'm wearing or the concealer, but there have been times at the end of the day where I've been left with slightly orangey-yellow under eyes from where the concealer was applied. I do have fairly warm undertones, but I still wonder if this could be fixed with a cooler or even generally lighter shade, which I will most likely try next time I pick up a tube!

All in all, I recommend this concealer if you take the time to apply it and test it with different foundations to find what combination suits you best!

Shannon P.
Brierley Hill
Is this worth it?
Nika N.
Lubbock , TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Lake Como, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?