tarte™ shape tape contour concealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
Portia E.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 53N Deep (Deep Skin With Neutral Undertones), 42S Tan Sand (Tan Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
So much hype around this concealer that I had no choice but to get it. So, honest review:

👎🏽Cons: If used to conceal blemishes in lieu of foundation, just know that the finish isn’t very natural looking. It is very full coverage so that’s not surprising.

I used it to correct discoloration around my mouth and it caused me to break out around the mouth area and I rarely breakout except during that time of the month.

They say it doesn’t crease, but I experienced creasing under my eyes and it’s not like I have huge creases under there, as a matter of fact I have very minimal ceasing.

It can look very heavy VERY easily so you need small amounts so as not to look too cakey. If you try what Youtubers do and slather it everywhere, especially under the eyes, you can guarantee that when people are staring at you it’s because they’re staring at your makeup. ❗️Your very heavy makeup.❗️

👍🏽Pros: This does a wonderful job at fully covering the dark area around my mouth. If using the right amount (not too much) it looks great.

You only need a small amount for big impact especially when highlighting under the eyes. So you’re sure to get your money’s worth.

If used in lieu of foundation, spot concealing acne scars is great. It really does cover everything.

Overall, good concealer when used properly. But not natural looking and does crease.
Debbie C.
High Point, NC
Unfortunately I have REAL dark circles under my eyes. Not those little barely there, light discolorations that I see all the make up bloggers on YouTube crying about. I have dark dark circles. And I have tried EVERY concealer on the market almost with the exception of a very few left. So you can say I am somewhat of an expert when it comes to concealers and REAL under-eye dark circles. Every time there is a new concealer released to market, I buy it. I am always hoping that "this one" will finally do the job. That said, I have yet to find the perfect concealer, but this one comes VERY close. It goes on smooth and easy. The doe foot applicator can be used to dot the concealer around the eyes and then you can use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to blend it in. I have found that it conceals fairly well, although not perfect. I have yet to find the "perfect one." I still see some shadow beneath the concealer. I use this shade the most, but also have two other shades I have used alone and in tandem with this one. It does last most of the entire day, but unfortunately I have some creepy skin and fine lines around my eyes and it does settle into these. All in all, out of the hundreds of concealers I have bought and tried, this is my favorite and the best yet.
Stephanie B.
Hickory
Review for: 20S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
Got the sample in my ipsy bag and was so excited. I expected thick and it wasn't. I expected drying and it's not. I expected coverage and maybe if it wasn't so light it would have. I expected creasing and that delivered. I have under eye wrinkles and mild to noticeable dark circles. I don't bake cause it makes wrinkles worse. I use a nice eye cream because it helps with the wrinkles. But it must not play well with the concealer because the Shape Tape worked just as well as my Fit Me. But the shade of the Shape Tape concealed nothing by the time I'm done making it look half decent my dark circles are worse and noticeable cause I've used a sponge, brush and my fingers to blend something way too light. I should color correct but even if the dark circles weren't there it still pulls out my wrinkles instead of smoothing them. I'm using up my sample as an eyeshadow base and it needs to be set with an eyeshadow. At least in me, It skips and becomes patchy without a powder in between the base and finished product.
Beth W.
Cedar Grove
Purchased at: tarte cosmetics
Review for: 12B Fair Beige (Fair Skin With Pink Undertones), 12S Fair (Fair Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer is a woman’s best friend! I have used many and many concealers. Just like every other woman out there. This is my holy grail for concealers. I go no where with out it. I even have a travel size that I carry in my purse. That was an ah ha moment when I opened that Ipsy bag to see that precious tiny tarte concealer. I will forever refill it and carry it with me. I discovered Tarte approximately 2 years ago. The texture of the product is perfect. It does not rest into any lines; however, it is just the right amount of coverage that is needed to cover those spots, dark bags under our eyes, bring balance to our skin tone, as well as wearing well - last. I love this product. I recommend this product to any and every woman that is interested in a good concealer. You can not go wrong. Once you try the shape tape you will love it!
Deborah J.
jamaica
Review for: 34S Medium Sand (Medium Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
I am a tough critic, so please take all of this positive feedback seriously.
I use a VERY thin layer of product around my eyes, to cover up blemishes, and to tone down redness when necessary. This product blends in extremely well with natural skin (aka no foundation needed if you'd like!) It's a quiet viscous or thick concealer, which I love because it gives full coverage results with a small amount of product. Yet, it feels lightweight on the face, unlike many other thicker concealers. This product lasts me about 5-6 mo. per bottle, so I'm assuming it's average life span is 3-7 mo. depending on the person. In comparison to other drugstore brand concealers I've used before Shape Tape, this concealer ended up being incredibly cost effective in addition to all its other qualities mentioned above. Not only did this product not break the bank, but it unquestionably saved me tons of time and stress. It takes me half the amount of time it used to for applying my everyday makeup, and it stays on through very sweaty dance classes, rehearsals, and sports practices better than anything else I've used - somewhat life changing qualities for a busy and active person like myself.
For more specifics about my use, I use "Fair" and have a mix of pink and yellow skin tones. I have combination skin that is mainly oily, and I've found that it doesn't do that annoying excentuating-your-pores thing that oily skin and face products tend to do. I also use oil sheets to remove oil throughout the day, and rarely ever does any product comes off on those. Shape Tape works well with or without primer if that's a concern for you (I recommend using it with a primer though for best results and skincare.)
If you find that this product doesn't blend well, be willing to consider that it might just be the wrong color or your method of application. I, and so many of my friends, have found massive success with this product. I honestly don't know if I'll ever go back to using another concealer.
Liz H.
San Diego, CA
Review for: 20S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
After using various concealers for many years, some that worked better than others, I finally gave in and bought a tarte shape concealer. I've heard so many great things about it that I just had to give it a try when I saw Ulta having a sale on it for $13.50. This concealer works wonders! It is full coverage and matte. It has a thick consistency. It covers all my imperfections, is creamy, and doesn't crease. My under eyes are not bad so I do not use a lot! a little goes a long way! I have oily skin so I always set my face with powder afterwards! On lazy days where I rather not put foundation on, I'll just spot conceal with this and it totally works great. Now I understand why this is rated as the number 1 concealer. For a drugstore dupe, Makeup Revolution's concealer works just as good for me.
Mandy P.
Greenville
Review for: 27B Light-Medium Beige (Light To Medium Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
Let me tell y'all THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST!!! If you havent tried this concealer or heck any of their products they are the bomb and one of many go to number one spot lol. It covers and conceals so good and set it with a good powder anand girlllll you will be glowing. I do like to get either the pink undertone or a peach one to match my face or not match but it just blends and looks so good on my skin tone and you will find that you can find your tone as well when you start trying them or reviewing one of other peoples views on these products. But, guys try this out dont go into Ulta or wherever your go to makeup store is and not get this product because trust you will love it and always have to have it like alot of people, really love this concealer. Ok that's it...Give it a try 😘
Cheyenne J.
Sioux City
Review for: 16N Fair-Light Neutral (Fair To Light Skin With Neutral Undertones), 20B Light (Light Skin With Pink Undertones), 20S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones), 12S Fair (Fair Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
Oh Tarte, you’ve changed my makeup game. Everyone says the same thing, but this concealer is AMAZING. I try other products and am simply disappointed because they aren’t this. I’ve gone through 6 tubes in various colors and continue to purchase backups of the same few shades to use for concealing and highlighting. It blends effortlessly, is full coverage, and never irritates my skin. It plays well with every foundation I own and doesn’t cause any breaking up over time. The shade range is divine and the product is just the best. This concealer may have paved the way for controversy and failed spin-offs, but the OG Shape Tape is by far the best concealer on the market. I will continue to repurchase for years to come.
Kelsea R.
Traverse City, MI
Review for: 12B Fair Beige (Fair Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
If you haven’t tried this concealer yet you are seriously missing out! I finally decided to try it about six months ago and now I can’t see myself ever using a different concealer, the consistency is amazing, the finished product is amazing, I never have any creasing and it always stays in place, I almost always set with a setting powder but even if I’m just covering a few blemishes just to run into town real quick and don’t set it I still never have any issues with it creasing or moving. My one and only complaint about this product is that it can tend to leak over time if you don’t wipe it off around the area where is screws together.
Kristen C.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 16N Fair-Light Neutral (Fair To Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
Wow. I’ve tried so many concealers it’s not even funny, and I go through concealer like WATER. I have dark under eyes circles and my undereyes tend to crease and get dry so finding concealer is a process. This stuff is where it’s AT. It’s creamy enough to blend without losing the coverage and dries down perfectly. It’s not crusty when dry, doesn’t feel too thick, and DOES NOT MOVE. I know I can rely on this when all I wear is concealer and mascara to work. This is my new favorite concealer - 10000% worth the $27 price tag. You don’t need a lot. I bought the $10 mini at the Ulta checkout to try it out and it lasted me over 2 months. Get it.
Celeste M.
CA
Do you guys recommend the tarte or nars concealer???? tarte™ shape tape contour concealerNARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Amy B.
Victorville , CA
Do you guys think Its worth the hype? Neve tried it but I want to lol.
Jays A.
Barcelona
What make it special?
Tesla T.
Aberdeen
Does this product crease?