tarte™ shape tape contour concealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
Portia E.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 53N Deep (Deep Skin With Neutral Undertones), 42S Tan Sand (Tan Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
So much hype around this concealer that I had no choice but to get it. So, honest review:

👎🏽Cons: If used to conceal blemishes in lieu of foundation, just know that the finish isn’t very natural looking. It is very full coverage so that’s not surprising.

I used it to correct discoloration around my mouth and it caused me to break out around the mouth area and I rarely breakout except during that time of the month.

They say it doesn’t crease, but I experienced creasing under my eyes and it’s not like I have huge creases under there, as a matter of fact I have very minimal ceasing.

It can look very heavy VERY easily so you need small amounts so as not to look too cakey. If you try what Youtubers do and slather it everywhere, especially under the eyes, you can guarantee that when people are staring at you it’s because they’re staring at your makeup. ❗️Your very heavy makeup.❗️

👍🏽Pros: This does a wonderful job at fully covering the dark area around my mouth. If using the right amount (not too much) it looks great.

You only need a small amount for big impact especially when highlighting under the eyes. So you’re sure to get your money’s worth.

If used in lieu of foundation, spot concealing acne scars is great. It really does cover everything.

Overall, good concealer when used properly. But not natural looking and does crease.
Debbie C.
High Point, NC
Unfortunately I have REAL dark circles under my eyes. Not those little barely there, light discolorations that I see all the make up bloggers on YouTube crying about. I have dark dark circles. And I have tried EVERY concealer on the market almost with the exception of a very few left. So you can say I am somewhat of an expert when it comes to concealers and REAL under-eye dark circles. Every time there is a new concealer released to market, I buy it. I am always hoping that "this one" will finally do the job. That said, I have yet to find the perfect concealer, but this one comes VERY close. It goes on smooth and easy. The doe foot applicator can be used to dot the concealer around the eyes and then you can use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to blend it in. I have found that it conceals fairly well, although not perfect. I have yet to find the "perfect one." I still see some shadow beneath the concealer. I use this shade the most, but also have two other shades I have used alone and in tandem with this one. It does last most of the entire day, but unfortunately I have some creepy skin and fine lines around my eyes and it does settle into these. All in all, out of the hundreds of concealers I have bought and tried, this is my favorite and the best yet.
Teri B.
Review for: 27H Light-Medium Honey (Light To Medium Skin With Peach Undertones) more...
I had seen so many people talk highly of this so I figured why not give it a shot. Once I tried it, I was immediately underwhelmed by the results of this. I was also very disappointed as it really made my undereyes look horrible. I don't have dry undereyes and this made them look so dry and cakey. It also doesn't layer well either, even though it's a creamy formula. It's when it dries is when all the issues come into play. I also have dark circles that this didn't fully cover either, and my dark circles aren't even that dark. This formula is very drying and not full coverage at all like it claims to be. I wish this wasn't so drying. I can handle a little bit of dryness under my eyes from a concealer, but it is extreme. I also feel that this product is way over-hyped and not all that great like others are claiming it is. That's just my opinion though. I've had other concealers do more, and better, for me than this one has. I've been trying to use different ways of applying this just to be able to use it up so I don't waste my money. So needless to say that I won't be repurchasing this once the bottle that I have is gone.
Mandy P.
Greenville
Review for: 27B Light-Medium Beige (Light To Medium Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
Let me tell y'all THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST!!! If you havent tried this concealer or heck any of their products they are the bomb and one of many go to number one spot lol. It covers and conceals so good and set it with a good powder anand girlllll you will be glowing. I do like to get either the pink undertone or a peach one to match my face or not match but it just blends and looks so good on my skin tone and you will find that you can find your tone as well when you start trying them or reviewing one of other peoples views on these products. But, guys try this out dont go into Ulta or wherever your go to makeup store is and not get this product because trust you will love it and always have to have it like alot of people, really love this concealer. Ok that's it...Give it a try 😘
LaTonya S.
Chicago
Review for: 35N Medium (Medium Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I purchased this concealer from Ulta a couple weeks ago and was excited to try it out because I was new to concealer and happy to get to try out different ch a well-known brand, very hyped. I can see what all the fuss was about as I really love this concealer! It can be worn as directed or on its own when you’re going for a ‘no makeup’ makeup day. This concealer brightens and leaves my under eyes smooth. I also love the consistency, the coverage and the fact that a little really goes a long way. You don’t even have to set the concealer with translucent powder and it still lasts all day long! It’s great when a product really lives up to the beauty community hype, and while I wasn’t excited about Tarte’s initial Face Tape launch and its lack of a foundation shade range, this concealer really made me stand up and take notice of Tarte as a brand and I’m looking forward to using more of their products in the very near future. tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
Danielle M.
Twinsburg
Review for: 12N Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones), 12B Fair Beige (Fair Skin With Pink Undertones), 8B Porcelain Beige (Very Fair Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
This was the second concealer I’ve ever tried since I’ve been doing my make up and others, I absolutely LOVE this make up and not just the concealer. But, I love this concealer a lot more than any other because it’s affordable and it works for ALL skin types! It doesn’t look cakey and it feels very light weight and it COVERS EVERYTHING! I’ve used this on a couple of my brides and brides maids and it worked for their skin and it didn’t move at all and it gave them a flawless look! And as for myself this is an absolute go to! A little goes a long way as well. But don’t worry if you used too much it won’t dry or even oxidize quick to where it’s hard to work with! It’s true to every skin tone as well! But for best results I use a damp beauty sponge I apply it in my t zone and under my eyes and let my face heat it up a bit and it blends seamlessly! Love this product! tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
Liz H.
San Diego, CA
Review for: 20S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
After using various concealers for many years, some that worked better than others, I finally gave in and bought a tarte shape concealer. I've heard so many great things about it that I just had to give it a try when I saw Ulta having a sale on it for $13.50. This concealer works wonders! It is full coverage and matte. It has a thick consistency. It covers all my imperfections, is creamy, and doesn't crease. My under eyes are not bad so I do not use a lot! a little goes a long way! I have oily skin so I always set my face with powder afterwards! On lazy days where I rather not put foundation on, I'll just spot conceal with this and it totally works great. Now I understand why this is rated as the number 1 concealer. For a drugstore dupe, Makeup Revolution's concealer works just as good for me.
Deborah J.
jamaica
Review for: 34S Medium Sand (Medium Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
I am a tough critic, so please take all of this positive feedback seriously.
I use a VERY thin layer of product around my eyes, to cover up blemishes, and to tone down redness when necessary. This product blends in extremely well with natural skin (aka no foundation needed if you'd like!) It's a quiet viscous or thick concealer, which I love because it gives full coverage results with a small amount of product. Yet, it feels lightweight on the face, unlike many other thicker concealers. This product lasts me about 5-6 mo. per bottle, so I'm assuming it's average life span is 3-7 mo. depending on the person. In comparison to other drugstore brand concealers I've used before Shape Tape, this concealer ended up being incredibly cost effective in addition to all its other qualities mentioned above. Not only did this product not break the bank, but it unquestionably saved me tons of time and stress. It takes me half the amount of time it used to for applying my everyday makeup, and it stays on through very sweaty dance classes, rehearsals, and sports practices better than anything else I've used - somewhat life changing qualities for a busy and active person like myself.
For more specifics about my use, I use "Fair" and have a mix of pink and yellow skin tones. I have combination skin that is mainly oily, and I've found that it doesn't do that annoying excentuating-your-pores thing that oily skin and face products tend to do. I also use oil sheets to remove oil throughout the day, and rarely ever does any product comes off on those. Shape Tape works well with or without primer if that's a concern for you (I recommend using it with a primer though for best results and skincare.)
If you find that this product doesn't blend well, be willing to consider that it might just be the wrong color or your method of application. I, and so many of my friends, have found massive success with this product. I honestly don't know if I'll ever go back to using another concealer.
Melissa A.
Review for: 29N Light-Medium (Light To Medium Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I have very sensitive skin with redness,
combination dry and oily, and most importantly- nasty cystic acne. When I
have an acne flare up where it's bumpy and raised, it can be difficulty
to hide. When my acne is healing, it leaves behind dark spots.
---

I have tried every concealer under the sun and when I stumbled on this, my whole makeup world changed!

---

It was able to cover my raised acne! Most concealers just make it look worse.

---

Another thing I love about this is not only does
it not irritate my skin, but you can also choose how much coverage you
want- light, medium, or full.
---

This product doesn't cake, doesn't get oily if
your skin starts to get oily, & it does well in moisture (like
sweating or walking in the rain).

Thank you, Tarte!!
Stephanie M.
Glen Burnie
Review for: 12N Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is one of the few hyped products that was honestly worth every penny! This concealer is full coverage, but does not feel heavy on my skin. A little bit of product goes a long way, so for me the price is acceptable. I love how much this product brightens my face wherever I use it. My only minor complaint is that the brush is a bit large for me and consequently it can be easy to apply too much product. I wouldn’t give this concealer any less than 5 stars though because I can easily use a small brush to apply product to the areas I need less product. If you’re in the market for a new concealer, just try it. I doubt you’ll be disappointed!
Shannon P.
Brierley Hill
Is this worth it?
Nika N.
Lubbock, TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Lake Como, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?