tarte™ Shape Tape Contour ConcealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

• Not a question but if you follow me I will follow you39 Answers
  • Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?57 Answers
  • What are full coverage concealers that are alternatives f...26 Answers
tarte™ Shape Tape Contour Concealer
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
Hayli S.
Oroville, CA
Let me start this review by stating i usually use drugstore face products. Ive never purchased a highend foundation or concealer before this purchase. Ive tried the [product:urban-decay-24/7-concealer-pencil] when doing someone elses makeup but not on myself. It brightened but didnt have the best coverage. So i cant compare this to anything like that. To me this is a close consistency to Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer but with more opaque coverage and it blends easier. I wont be purchasing another drugstore concealer anytime soon. I was cheating myself because this product amped up my routine like you wouldnt believe. I actally feel good wearing foundation now. I love this products coverage. Im in the shade light. And it has such a natural finish. Not matte but not overly dewy either. It can be applied full coverage for ultra glam looks to. It does both. This is my first highend concealer so it took me a minute to learn how to apply it. I almost returned it as it is heavy if you apply to much. Or you apply with the wrong powder technique. I use a damp makeup wedge to blend out and to apply powder. This way i get the most flawless look. This is the only concealer that ive tried that makes me feel like my dark circles are gone. I really didnt know what i was missing. This is my holy grail face product. It even makes my drugstore 5 dollar foundation look so airbrushed. I trust tarte with tarte Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette , [product:tarte-tarteist-creamy-matte-lip-paint] , tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush and now tarte™ Shape Tape Contour Concealer forever . My new favorite brand. If you have dry undereyes i dont recommend unless you mix with an facial oil otherwise it might look crepey. If your dry ive heard amazing things about both tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer if you want a thicker formula and tarte Rainforest Of The Sea™ Aquacealer Concealer if you want a thinner consistency. If all your looking for is amazing coverage then buy this. I set with coty airspun and bareminerals illuminating mineral viel and i loved it. It didnt crease but i have lines so itll never ever be perfect. Thats just how my eyes are. This covers cheek blemishes amazingly with the [product:e.l.f.-e.l.f-flawless-concealer-brush] . I have some dark acne scars and spots and this made them completely disappear one i put wet and wild photofocus foundation on top. Ive never seen makeup look so good on my skin. All i used for primer was [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-poreless-face-primer], [product:e.l.f.-makeup-setters-and-primers-light-clear-1.01-floz], Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant Pore Eraser® and [product:matte-magic-mist-&-set] . It also stayed on my nose Beautifully. This never happens to me. Plus you get .33 oz of product which to me is an extra added bonus because my other brands give me half that amount. For $27 dollars this is definately worth the price. Below i included a before and after pick so you can see undereye difference.
Colleen K.
Denver, CO
Review for: Fair more...
I have seen so many youtubers and beauty gurus rave about this product. I have always struggled with covering my dark circles so I picked it up. I'm fair skin so I figured the lightest shade was great. It's not too yellow or pink so I think the shade works well with my skin tone. However, with me not being too experienced with makeup, I have a hard time using this product. I have skin on the dryer side so as soon as I put this on, my texture shows greatly. And sometimes my fine lines show too. It is a thick product so once it's dry, I have a hard time trying to blend out what has sunken into my fine lines. It doesn't cover my dark circles as much as I hoped it did. Maybe I need a good color corrector. Like I said, I'm not too experienced with makeup. Yesterday I used some ELF concealer with the Tarte Shape Tape because it is more moisturizing and it did help to improve the dryness of the product. I don't want to give it too bad of a review because I know I am not as experienced as everyone else online who raves about this. But if you have dryer skin or a lot of texture in your highlighting places/under eyes, you might have a little trouble with this product. I plan on going into Ulta and having someone help me with this product and teach me a little more about how to use it.
jules W.
North Olmsted, OH
I really really really really want to love this product as much as everybody else does. I'm pretty sure that my review only being 3 out of 5 stars is shockingly low to what most people have heard about this concealer. I really think it must just be my skin type. I got this concealer in two Shades neutral beige and fair neutral I'm usually on the darker end of the light skin tone realm in the winter and then usually medium skin toned in the summer. I got this concealer because pretty much every YouTube makeup Beauty Guru I follow swears by this concealer and I wanted to be a part of shape tape Nation. Unfortunately, whenever I use this product it totally ruins the face of make-up I have on. It doesn't matter what type of primer used I have tried benefit porefessional I have tried makeup forever I've tried Mac I've tried hourglass all my favorite primers and none of them have given any different type of effect. Wherever I use this product it completely dries out that area my face. The product ends up looking patchy and my skin looks kind of flaky and is not seamless at all. I've tried using different moisturizers before I use this product I've even tried using it on days where I use a hydration mask to ensure my skin is not dry. But no matter how soft and hydrated my skin is that makes zero difference when I use this product. I've also tried doing it with a concealer brush and with a beauty blender so I'm not sure what other ways I could apply it to stop this from happening. Like I said I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who feels this way and it really sucks I want to love it I want to use it everyday but I just can't I've tried several times without any success.
Rebecca W.
Encinitas, CA
Review for: Fair Neutral (fair w/yellow and pink undertones), Light-Medium more...
GIRL YAS. I have many shades to mix and find the perfect match as my skin color is always changing (spray tans am I right) & living in California even with SPF 50+ my face shade varies. But I have no problem with these two and mix if I feel one is too light.

This has done wonders for my undereye circles. I am blessed with "allergy shiners" and suffer from severe allergies and my eyes get really dark circles when I am in a tizzy. This always pulls thru.. and lasts.

I cannot tell you how much this has helped.

***Some Tips**** A little goes a LONG way for me. Which is a bonus because the product lasts longer and then is worth the price.

**BLEND HUNNY BLEND** I can't stand when I see girls not blending the sh*t out of their concealer. -- You will end up with white cones in your photos and look absolutely ridiculous.

**BUY IN STORE** Go with a friend and try out the shades and find the best for you if you don't want to mix. Have your friend shine their phone camera light on your face to really see if it matches (I swear these stores have the WORST lighting) or if there are windows- go test over there!

**SET IT** I'm not a fan of "baking" because my skin is dry if anything but I always use a setting powder after concealing. Even just a tad and I'm set to go.. see what I did there..?
bre V.
This concealer is just "okay" in my opinion. I purchased it because money of my favorite makeup artist that I follow on Instagram recommend it for a full coverage concealer so I wanted to try it out and see how it compared to some others I've used. They have quite a few color options which is nice. I have really fair skin so I stuck with the porcelain option. The consistency is pretty thick but if you wet a beauty blender, it Blends pretty well from there. It is definitely a more full coverage concealer, however, I would not say it offer the best coverage, it just had the thickest consistency. As far as covering redness or imperfections, there are a lot of cheaper, less heavy concealers that do the same job. I also hate how bulky the applicator for this concealer is. It's not ideal for reaching small spaces that you want a tiny bit of product concealed. I simply dip my own brushes in the product and never used the applicator that came with the concealer. I would not really recommend this product and would not buy again as I don't really like full coverage concealers that feel heavy on my skin. Also, this particular product is really pricey in my opinion for the quality.
Sarah🌙✨ F.
Kennett Square
Review for: Fair more...
I have seen so many people bring up this concealer as a holy-grail, and so I thought I would give it a try. This concealer lived up to it's expectations and more. The concealer is EXTRAORDINARILY full-coverage and opaque. I have used countless NYX, Revolution, Maybelliene, and other of the lower-priced items thinking that they would end up being about the same quality of product. I was so wrong, because instead of having to apply a couple layers to have the concealer show up and not look washed-out I had to apply barely any. This concealer is so full-coverage it's almost too full-coverage for a everyday natural glam look. It really has impressed me with it's ability to cover over blemishes and dark-circles alike. This concealer is also perfect to use for doing a cut-crease or any other eye-looks, since it covers so well and you have to use just a dab to get that perfect look. Needless to say, this product lived up to the hype and more from me and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone, definitely worth the splurge on the price to get such a high-end product that will without a doubt last you a while.
Melanie L.
California, MD
Review for: Fair Neutral (fair w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
This is another one of those products that has been ranted and raved about so I carried high expectations for. I do like this concealer but it didn't blow my socks off, sadly. It is still a great product and I would recommend but there are some things to note..
This concealer blends out beautifully but I have to work quickly with this or it dries up and looks really weird especially under my eyes. I heard from numerous videos that this concealer did not crease, but it creases under my eyes as most concealers do even set with a powder. Nothing too crazy but I do see it. I do use a brush to apply it now so I might try with a beauty blender and see if that leaves a more flawless finish.
Another thing to note is there is a smell to this concealer and I'm not exactly sure what I smell but whatever it is I believe it irritates my eyes but only some days. My eyes don't hurt or itch or anything but after using this concealer I have noticed my concealer will come off through out the day but only on the outer corner of my eyes and I never had this problem before I started using this concealer. It will be like a triangle on my face and there is just no make up there. And it's so weird because once that concealer comes off on the corner of my eye, I can't apply anything over it to fix it because my skin is so irritated there. Does anyone else have this problem?? I will continue to use this concealer and provide updates if I find any.
Michelle L.
Review for: Light Neutral (light w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
I bought this since everyone I talk to has always raved about this concealer and how amazing it is. And, I've got to say, I wasn't disappointed. The concealer is on the thicker side and it offers so much coverage. A lot of concealers were always lacking for me in terms of coverage, so I was really pleasantly surprised by this one being super full coverage. I tend to let it sit for a little before I go to blend it out, to maximize the coverage, and it works amazingly. The finish, once I blend it out, is pretty matte and it doesn't budge once it sets. The only reason I took off a star is because my undereyes are on the drier side so this won't cover up any texture and I notice that if I don't bake with this then my fine lines will become visible through the concealer. But, as long as I use a loose setting powder, I can usually get around that one issue. As for the packaging, I really like the doe-foot applicator and how it distributes the concealer over my face. It's really easy to work with. Overall, I find myself reaching for this concealer a lot and I would definitely repurchase! It's worth the money!
Mellissa A.
Vista, CA
Review for: Medium more...
So I have a lot to say about this concealer. For one it’s very pricey but I must admit that I don’t regret spending the $30 dollars on this because it has great coverage. You have to either work fast when blending this or do one area at a time because this concealer does dry fast and once it drys it’s hard to move around and blend with that being said once it drys it drys out matte and you don’t really have to set your under eyes. I did the first time because it’s a habit but I found that my under eyes looked way too caked. But when I don’t set my under eyes they look good just with the concealer on its own. Another thing is that it’s super pigmented and high coverage that you really don’t need much at all unless you like that glam look. I literally just put a few dots and I’m good. The applicator is HUGE not sure if I love it yet though, it could be that I’m used to smaller applicators but it’s really not a big deal it all works in the end lol. Hope this helps.
Surbhi A.
Review for: Medium more...
Initially I was really hesitant in trying this product cuz I heard it matte and I have really dry skin. So I didn’t expect it to work on me. However, due to the hype I decided to buy the tarte™ Shape Tape Contour Concealer!! And it was the best purchase I made in a while!!

The coverage is amazing on this. I have really bad dark circles and this hides that away so well you can’t even tell!! I don’t even use a lot since it is a bit heavy. I use it on my eye lids to prime then for eyeshadow and then whatever is leftover on my sponge, I dab under my eyes. It works so flawlessly!! However, I do set it afterwards with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder :) so it doesn’t show under eye creases.

Due to this, my makeup lasts longer and my eyes don’t look scary due to the dark circles. Also, this is honestly great as a foundation too!! Very full coverage and it gives off that flawless matte finish to your skin. It’s great!!

I didn’t want to originally get this because it’s pricey for a concealer but I saved up and was able to get it!! I am so glad that I did because I love it. I’m able to create so many eye looks with it. Also, recently I tried shaping my eyebrows properly. And my brows were a mess so I decided to use this and see if I can create a good shape n hiding the other hairs. It did that too!! I was so shocked and happy!! It looks so bomb and blended in perfectly!!

This has become a holy grail product for me. I do wish that they come out with the exact same concealer but a tad bit more hydrating since I am dry skin. But I’ll wait.

Would definitely recommend this!! Sorry the picture are blurry. But I used the concealer in them ❤️❤️
Nika N.
Lubbock , TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Lake Como, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?
Natalia M.
Ottawa, ON
Not a question but if you follow me I will follow you

tarte cosmetics