tarte™ shape tape contour concealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
Debbie C.
High Point, NC
Unfortunately I have REAL dark circles under my eyes. Not those little barely there, light discolorations that I see all the make up bloggers on YouTube crying about. I have dark dark circles. And I have tried EVERY concealer on the market almost with the exception of a very few left. So you can say I am somewhat of an expert when it comes to concealers and REAL under-eye dark circles. Every time there is a new concealer released to market, I buy it. I am always hoping that "this one" will finally do the job. That said, I have yet to find the perfect concealer, but this one comes VERY close. It goes on smooth and easy. The doe foot applicator can be used to dot the concealer around the eyes and then you can use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to blend it in. I have found that it conceals fairly well, although not perfect. I have yet to find the "perfect one." I still see some shadow beneath the concealer. I use this shade the most, but also have two other shades I have used alone and in tandem with this one. It does last most of the entire day, but unfortunately I have some creepy skin and fine lines around my eyes and it does settle into these. All in all, out of the hundreds of concealers I have bought and tried, this is my favorite and the best yet.
Deborah J.
jamaica
Review for: 34S Medium Sand (Medium Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
I am a tough critic, so please take all of this positive feedback seriously.
I use a VERY thin layer of product around my eyes, to cover up blemishes, and to tone down redness when necessary. This product blends in extremely well with natural skin (aka no foundation needed if you'd like!) It's a quiet viscous or thick concealer, which I love because it gives full coverage results with a small amount of product. Yet, it feels lightweight on the face, unlike many other thicker concealers. This product lasts me about 5-6 mo. per bottle, so I'm assuming it's average life span is 3-7 mo. depending on the person. In comparison to other drugstore brand concealers I've used before Shape Tape, this concealer ended up being incredibly cost effective in addition to all its other qualities mentioned above. Not only did this product not break the bank, but it unquestionably saved me tons of time and stress. It takes me half the amount of time it used to for applying my everyday makeup, and it stays on through very sweaty dance classes, rehearsals, and sports practices better than anything else I've used - somewhat life changing qualities for a busy and active person like myself.
For more specifics about my use, I use "Fair" and have a mix of pink and yellow skin tones. I have combination skin that is mainly oily, and I've found that it doesn't do that annoying excentuating-your-pores thing that oily skin and face products tend to do. I also use oil sheets to remove oil throughout the day, and rarely ever does any product comes off on those. Shape Tape works well with or without primer if that's a concern for you (I recommend using it with a primer though for best results and skincare.)
If you find that this product doesn't blend well, be willing to consider that it might just be the wrong color or your method of application. I, and so many of my friends, have found massive success with this product. I honestly don't know if I'll ever go back to using another concealer.
Rayhan L.
This product is what I think of when I hear the phrase "a little goes a long way." I have terribly dark, genetic undereye circles and this concealer has been the only one to consistently seamlessly cover them for YEARS! I only need a dab of it under my eyes and it'll look like I got 10 hours of sleep the night before.

And as I generally don't have much acne, I also use this in place of foundation most days, just covering areas that need a little help. It blends in like a dream, doesn't transfer -- I set it with Airspun translucent powder -- or crease. This concealer really does it all.
Chesley H.
Morganton, NC
Purchased at: ULTA
I have tried a million different concealers and I could never find one that would actually cover my dark undereye area...This is the BEST I have used so far. I have deep tear troughs/deep set eyes/hollow undereyes, whatever you want to call them! Tarte Shape Tape Concealer helps to cover the redness/blue tones and visible veins under my eyes. It isn't cakey and the coverage is full. I use quite a bit of concealer so I love the applicator brush, which helps me get the perfect amount every time. I always blend this product out with a Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques sponge and set with the Laura Mercier powder for undereyes. I will be running out of this product soon and will definitely be repurchasing! It's the only concealer I buy!
Hayli S.
Oroville, CA
Let me start this review by stating i usually use drugstore face products. Ive never purchased a highend foundation or concealer before this purchase. Ive tried the [product:urban-decay-24/7-concealer-pencil] when doing someone elses makeup but not on myself. It brightened but didnt have the best coverage. So i cant compare this to anything like that. To me this is a close consistency to Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer but with more opaque coverage and it blends easier. I wont be purchasing another drugstore concealer anytime soon. I was cheating myself because this product amped up my routine like you wouldnt believe. I actally feel good wearing foundation now. I love this products coverage. Im in the shade light. And it has such a natural finish. Not matte but not overly dewy either. It can be applied full coverage for ultra glam looks to. It does both. This is my first highend concealer so it took me a minute to learn how to apply it. I almost returned it as it is heavy if you apply to much. Or you apply with the wrong powder technique. I use a damp makeup wedge to blend out and to apply powder. This way i get the most flawless look. This is the only concealer that ive tried that makes me feel like my dark circles are gone. I really didnt know what i was missing. This is my holy grail face product. It even makes my drugstore 5 dollar foundation look so airbrushed. I trust tarte with tarte™ tarteist™ PRO Amazonian clay palette , [product:tarte-tarteist-creamy-matte-lip-paint] , tarte™ Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush and now tarte™ shape tape contour concealer forever . My new favorite brand. If you have dry undereyes i dont recommend unless you mix with an facial oil otherwise it might look crepey. If your dry ive heard amazing things about both tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer if you want a thicker formula and tarte™ rainforest of the sea aquacealer concealer if you want a thinner consistency. If all your looking for is amazing coverage then buy this. I set with coty airspun and bareminerals illuminating mineral viel and i loved it. It didnt crease but i have lines so itll never ever be perfect. Thats just how my eyes are. This covers cheek blemishes amazingly with the [product:e.l.f.-e.l.f-flawless-concealer-brush] . I have some dark acne scars and spots and this made them completely disappear one i put wet and wild photofocus foundation on top. Ive never seen makeup look so good on my skin. All i used for primer was [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-poreless-face-primer], [product:e.l.f.-makeup-setters-and-primers-light-clear-1.01-floz], Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant Pore Eraser® and [product:matte-magic-mist-&-set] . It also stayed on my nose Beautifully. This never happens to me. Plus you get .33 oz of product which to me is an extra added bonus because my other brands give me half that amount. For $27 dollars this is definately worth the price. Below i included a before and after pick so you can see undereye difference.
max o.
Porter, TX
Purchased at: ULTA
I live for Shape Tape! It conceals super well, but as a very verrrrry fair skinned person even the lightest shade isn't light enough to give the type of dimension I would like with my face. I also find it difficult to reach the bottom of the bottle with the applicator wand. I've spent so long trying to get out all the product, but no matter how much I try, it's definitely hard to get the last half an inch of product out of the bottle due to the wand. Regardless, the coverage and blendability of Shape Tape is what keeps me coming back to it. With all the different concealers I've come into contact with on the market, it proves to be one of the best for it's buck. I'd love to see a wider shade range, however!
Claire B.
Albany
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 12N Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
After years of feeling “meh” about concealers, I really do feel like this is the one I’ll have to always go back to now. I was iffy about the price point, but wow is it worth it. The formula is very creamy and thick - so don’t fall into the YouTube beauty influencer trap of applying this product in thick triangles under your eyes - you WON’T need it. I do 2 small dots under the eyes and it’s more than enough coverage. It’s worked well with a variety of foundations as well as setting powders. So long as you trust the efficacy of the product and don’t over-do it with the application, this concealer can last you a long time as well.
Nikki B.
Review for: 22N Light Neutral (Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...

Heather F.
Philadelphia, PA
Purchased at: ULTA
I think I’m the only person on this planet that didn’t care for this concealer! Along with the bars creamy concealer when that was super popular. All the raved about concealers never worked well on my skin! It creased on me which everyone swears this doesn’t and it was dry and heavy. I have oily/ the slightest bit of combo skin. I prefer my Clinique beyond perfecting concealer SOOOO much more than this one. I returned and won’t be using this again. Just not worth the price for me. I rather use my drugstore Maybelline fit me concealer than this. I wanted to love it like everyone else :(
jules W.
North Olmsted, OH
I really really really really want to love this product as much as everybody else does. I'm pretty sure that my review only being 3 out of 5 stars is shockingly low to what most people have heard about this concealer. I really think it must just be my skin type. I got this concealer in two Shades neutral beige and fair neutral I'm usually on the darker end of the light skin tone realm in the winter and then usually medium skin toned in the summer. I got this concealer because pretty much every YouTube makeup Beauty Guru I follow swears by this concealer and I wanted to be a part of shape tape Nation. Unfortunately, whenever I use this product it totally ruins the face of make-up I have on. It doesn't matter what type of primer used I have tried benefit porefessional I have tried makeup forever I've tried Mac I've tried hourglass all my favorite primers and none of them have given any different type of effect. Wherever I use this product it completely dries out that area my face. The product ends up looking patchy and my skin looks kind of flaky and is not seamless at all. I've tried using different moisturizers before I use this product I've even tried using it on days where I use a hydration mask to ensure my skin is not dry. But no matter how soft and hydrated my skin is that makes zero difference when I use this product. I've also tried doing it with a concealer brush and with a beauty blender so I'm not sure what other ways I could apply it to stop this from happening. Like I said I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who feels this way and it really sucks I want to love it I want to use it everyday but I just can't I've tried several times without any success.
Shannon P.
Brierley Hill
Is this worth it?
Nika N.
Lubbock , TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Lake Como, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?