tarte™ shape tape contour concealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
Mercedes J.
Elkview, WV
Review for: 22B Light Beige (Light Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
Tarte’s official name for this concealer is the “Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer”, which gives us a good hint as to how Tarte intended this product to be used.

Double Duty means you can use this product as both a concealer and a contour/highlight. It’s available in 14 shades, and the lightest shade is very light and perfect for highlighting pale to light skin.

The claims are that this product is long-wearing and hydrating, and provides “natural, radiant” coverage. I do find it very long-wearing and quite hydrating for being a very full-coverage concealer, but the finish is definitely on the matte side.

the concealer is applied without blending

Conceal

Shape Tape is a perfect concealer. It’s very full coverage yet the formula is lightweight. You can cover blemishes easily and blend out the concealer seamlessly and with no dryness or flaking on the skin. They really nailed this formula and it truly is hydrating for providing such an opaque coverage.

I’m someone who needs a crap ton of coverage from my concealer, and Shape Tape gives me just that. Plus, without the downsides of a full coverage concealer.

If you’re not a fan of the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer because it’s too drying or creases on you, look into Shape Tape instead.

Highlighter

For highlighting, it also does a great job. To make sure we’re on the same page, “highlighter” in this case means using a shade that’s a bit lighter than you skin tone. It’s going to act as a matte highlighter (absolutely no glow) on the high points of your face (under the eyes, chin, nose, middle of forehead).

The shade I use to highlight is Fair, and it’s pretty damn light. I’m about an NC10 (pale with warm undertones) and that shades shows up light on my skin. I do love using this product to highlight, and I would certainly recommend it for that purpose.

This is where things get “meh”. If you use a concealer as contour, it means that the same shade is used by someone a few shades darker than you to conceal. If concealers were available in various tones, it would be great. But generally, deeper shades are unfortunately very limited. Instead of offering both warm and cool tones, brands often limit themselves to warm tones.

This is disappointing because 1) not everyone with a deeper skintone is warm-toned, and 2) it means that you can’t use these products to contour. This is exactly what I think is the problem with using Shape Tape as a contour shade.

Those with warm undertones might find a shade that would make for a suitable bronzer, but I’m not sure about a contour. On my skin, there isn’t a single shade I can use to contour. Depending on your skintone, you might have better luck.
Debbie C.
High Point, NC
Unfortunately I have REAL dark circles under my eyes. Not those little barely there, light discolorations that I see all the make up bloggers on YouTube crying about. I have dark dark circles. And I have tried EVERY concealer on the market almost with the exception of a very few left. So you can say I am somewhat of an expert when it comes to concealers and REAL under-eye dark circles. Every time there is a new concealer released to market, I buy it. I am always hoping that "this one" will finally do the job. That said, I have yet to find the perfect concealer, but this one comes VERY close. It goes on smooth and easy. The doe foot applicator can be used to dot the concealer around the eyes and then you can use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to blend it in. I have found that it conceals fairly well, although not perfect. I have yet to find the "perfect one." I still see some shadow beneath the concealer. I use this shade the most, but also have two other shades I have used alone and in tandem with this one. It does last most of the entire day, but unfortunately I have some creepy skin and fine lines around my eyes and it does settle into these. All in all, out of the hundreds of concealers I have bought and tried, this is my favorite and the best yet.
Sarah T.
Saint Paul
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 12S Fair (Fair Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
My everyday concealer. I never had amazing skin but as I got older I worked really hard to keep it nice, which I actually accomplished! But no one’s perfect! I still have a bit of discoloration and redness but shape tape always saves the day. Definitely a thicker consistency but can be used as a thin veil and blended out easily as well if you aren’t looking for a thick layer of product. I tend to go on the more thick layer side simply because I live for this amount of coverage! It’s so nice that it’s easy to do less or more, while still being super effective! You’ll definitely want to set with powder but that’s true for any concealer! It is GREAT for highlighting areas of the face when contouring (under eyes, chin, cheeks, and forehead)! The stuff is 100% the reason I get so many compliments on my skin, which literally never happened before I began using this. It leaves such a smooth finish! I can’t think of a product I’ve repurchased as many times as this one. And I will continue to repurchase! tarte™ shape tape contour concealer
Jennifer S.
Gainesville
Review for: 29N Light-Medium (Light To Medium Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
Decided to give this concealer a try per recommendation from a sales associate at Ulta and so glad I did. No concealer is perfect but it is effective for negating dark circles and small blemishes. It also works great as far as not overemphasizing or settling into fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes which is a huge plus for concealer. Been using consistently for the last year and a half or so with no plans to change anytime soon.  Will suggest to stay away from the Shape Tape foundation, though...decided to give it a shot over my usual go-to  choices of Urban Decay Naked or Too Faced Born This Way and was excited thinking it would be as wonderful as the concealer and it wasn’t even close. Luckily the concealer works well with other brands of foundation so don’t be afraid to mix and match.
ghostlyjess A.
bakersfield
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve always heard the hype around this product and never really gave into it until they had a buy 1 get 1 free. I jumped onto the deal and I’m so glad I did! This product is worth all the hype it gets. This concealer blends beautifully and easily into the skin. A little goes a long way so use just a little bit and you can build it however much you want. It doesnt crease using a setting powder. This pairs up beautifully with the Kat Avon D lock it setting powder and it stays on for hours without crease. The concealer is a bit tacky once put on so a setting powder is a must! tarte™ shape tape contour concealer #tarte #makeup #makeupartist #makeupreview
Deborah J.
jamaica
Review for: 34S Medium Sand (Medium Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
I am a tough critic, so please take all of this positive feedback seriously.
I use a VERY thin layer of product around my eyes, to cover up blemishes, and to tone down redness when necessary. This product blends in extremely well with natural skin (aka no foundation needed if you'd like!) It's a quiet viscous or thick concealer, which I love because it gives full coverage results with a small amount of product. Yet, it feels lightweight on the face, unlike many other thicker concealers. This product lasts me about 5-6 mo. per bottle, so I'm assuming it's average life span is 3-7 mo. depending on the person. In comparison to other drugstore brand concealers I've used before Shape Tape, this concealer ended up being incredibly cost effective in addition to all its other qualities mentioned above. Not only did this product not break the bank, but it unquestionably saved me tons of time and stress. It takes me half the amount of time it used to for applying my everyday makeup, and it stays on through very sweaty dance classes, rehearsals, and sports practices better than anything else I've used - somewhat life changing qualities for a busy and active person like myself.
For more specifics about my use, I use "Fair" and have a mix of pink and yellow skin tones. I have combination skin that is mainly oily, and I've found that it doesn't do that annoying excentuating-your-pores thing that oily skin and face products tend to do. I also use oil sheets to remove oil throughout the day, and rarely ever does any product comes off on those. Shape Tape works well with or without primer if that's a concern for you (I recommend using it with a primer though for best results and skincare.)
If you find that this product doesn't blend well, be willing to consider that it might just be the wrong color or your method of application. I, and so many of my friends, have found massive success with this product. I honestly don't know if I'll ever go back to using another concealer.
Rayhan L.
This product is what I think of when I hear the phrase "a little goes a long way." I have terribly dark, genetic undereye circles and this concealer has been the only one to consistently seamlessly cover them for YEARS! I only need a dab of it under my eyes and it'll look like I got 10 hours of sleep the night before.

And as I generally don't have much acne, I also use this in place of foundation most days, just covering areas that need a little help. It blends in like a dream, doesn't transfer -- I set it with Airspun translucent powder -- or crease. This concealer really does it all.
Chesley H.
Morganton, NC
Purchased at: ULTA
I have tried a million different concealers and I could never find one that would actually cover my dark undereye area...This is the BEST I have used so far. I have deep tear troughs/deep set eyes/hollow undereyes, whatever you want to call them! Tarte Shape Tape Concealer helps to cover the redness/blue tones and visible veins under my eyes. It isn't cakey and the coverage is full. I use quite a bit of concealer so I love the applicator brush, which helps me get the perfect amount every time. I always blend this product out with a Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques sponge and set with the Laura Mercier powder for undereyes. I will be running out of this product soon and will definitely be repurchasing! It's the only concealer I buy!
Brittany H.
Review for: 20S Light Sand (Light Skin With Yellow Undertones) more...
I know that this is a very well known and quite popular product. I found myself drawn to it because of all the hype but for me it just did not work. I used this concealer for a month trying so many different methods hoping for better results. There was no way around it. The color was off, even though I was colored matched at the store, it just did not quite have my undertones which was disappointing. It was also quite heavy and very thick formula. It very quickly creased after being applied. It was incredibly drying. It actually made my creasing and drying more noticeable. It was overall a very uncomfortable concealer. I would not suggest this concealer for anyone who has dry skin or does not like heavy makeup feeling.
Hayli S.
Oroville, CA
Let me start this review by stating i usually use drugstore face products. Ive never purchased a highend foundation or concealer before this purchase. Ive tried the [product:urban-decay-24/7-concealer-pencil] when doing someone elses makeup but not on myself. It brightened but didnt have the best coverage. So i cant compare this to anything like that. To me this is a close consistency to Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer but with more opaque coverage and it blends easier. I wont be purchasing another drugstore concealer anytime soon. I was cheating myself because this product amped up my routine like you wouldnt believe. I actally feel good wearing foundation now. I love this products coverage. Im in the shade light. And it has such a natural finish. Not matte but not overly dewy either. It can be applied full coverage for ultra glam looks to. It does both. This is my first highend concealer so it took me a minute to learn how to apply it. I almost returned it as it is heavy if you apply to much. Or you apply with the wrong powder technique. I use a damp makeup wedge to blend out and to apply powder. This way i get the most flawless look. This is the only concealer that ive tried that makes me feel like my dark circles are gone. I really didnt know what i was missing. This is my holy grail face product. It even makes my drugstore 5 dollar foundation look so airbrushed. I trust tarte with tarte™ tarteist™ PRO Amazonian clay palette , [product:tarte-tarteist-creamy-matte-lip-paint] , tarte™ Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush and now tarte™ shape tape contour concealer forever . My new favorite brand. If you have dry undereyes i dont recommend unless you mix with an facial oil otherwise it might look crepey. If your dry ive heard amazing things about both tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer if you want a thicker formula and tarte™ rainforest of the sea aquacealer concealer if you want a thinner consistency. If all your looking for is amazing coverage then buy this. I set with coty airspun and bareminerals illuminating mineral viel and i loved it. It didnt crease but i have lines so itll never ever be perfect. Thats just how my eyes are. This covers cheek blemishes amazingly with the [product:e.l.f.-e.l.f-flawless-concealer-brush] . I have some dark acne scars and spots and this made them completely disappear one i put wet and wild photofocus foundation on top. Ive never seen makeup look so good on my skin. All i used for primer was [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-poreless-face-primer], [product:e.l.f.-makeup-setters-and-primers-light-clear-1.01-floz], Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant Pore Eraser® and [product:matte-magic-mist-&-set] . It also stayed on my nose Beautifully. This never happens to me. Plus you get .33 oz of product which to me is an extra added bonus because my other brands give me half that amount. For $27 dollars this is definately worth the price. Below i included a before and after pick so you can see undereye difference.
Shannon P.
Brierley Hill
Is this worth it?
Nika N.
Lubbock , TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Lake Como, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?