BY TARTE

WHAT IT IS

Crease-free eyeshadow palette with the best-selling creamy powder formula in 8 cool-toned shades.

Includes 8 limited-edition eyeshadows:

• pearl (white shimmer)
  • conch (off white)
  • sunset (yellow gold)
  • marina (caramel)
  • seaside (chestnut)
  • siren (dark brown)
  • breezy (shimmering slate)
  • riptide (steel blue)

WHAT IT DOES

• Hybrid formula is part cream, part powder & infused with oxygenated light-reflecting spheres for a smooth texture & seamless payoff
  • Longwearing, cool-toned shades include four mattes and four lusters that can be worn wet or dry
  • Antioxidant-rich marine plant extracts help reduce appearance of fine lines while smoothing & softening skin

POWERED BY

• marine plant extracts: helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • coconut: delivers intense moisture and is known for its antibacterial and conditioning properties
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient and antioxidant
  • mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

TARTELETTE APPROVED

• ophthalmologist tested
  • safe for contact lens wearers
  • dermatologist tested

pearl Ingredients: Mica, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, kaolin, dimethicone, talc, zinc stearate, pentylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cetyl dimethicone, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower extract, tocopherol, carmine (CI 74570), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

conch, sunset, marina, seaside, siren, breezy, riptide Ingredients: Mica, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, talc, kaolin, dimethicone, zinc stearate, cetyl dimethicone, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, pentylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sodium dehydroacetate, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower extract, tocopherol. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ultramarines (CI 77007).

Usage: Includes a mix of highlight, lid, crease and liner shades and a coordinating step-by-step guide to create "riptide wing" or "sunset smoky" looks. Apply each shade using your fingertips or your favorite eyeshadow brush - no primer necessary!

• This palette is gonna be in my August boxycharm. Is it ve...4 Answers
  • The Rainforest of the Sea Volume 2 is going to be in the ...5 Answers
  • How is the pigmentation of these shadows?4 Answers
tarte™ Rainforest of the Sea™ eyeshadow palette vol. II
  • "Love the breaking of the mold by going with a circular palette. The clay based shadows are richly pigmented and there is even a faint hint of cocoa smell" in 297 reviews
  • "I love tartes rain forest of the sea collections. This collection is a very neutral palette with some cool tones and warm tones. I havent had a chance to play with the palette yet but i have had a chance to swatch it. It does come with a huge mirror on the lid which is a plus in my book. In my opinion if you have a neutral palette such as the Naked palette or the too faced chocolate bar palette maybe skip this one since the colors seem to be similar." in 133 reviews
  • "Great color payoff, and all of the colors work well together to create a cohesive look. The product lasted all day with little fading and no fallout. The case is adorable, and comes with a built in mirror. Love the brand and will continue buying from them." in 37 reviews
Fapiano J.
Anaheim, CA
Best Tarte palette ever for everyday.  I have neutral light skin and green eyes. This palette is perfect!!! If you are neutral you can wear either side of this palette, if you are cool toned you can wear the left side perfect for evening as well. If you like warm tones the right side is perfect also daytime looks. I can wear both sides as every day looks. You have the light shades as highlighters and the mid-tones as your transition shades. The dark black shade is perfect for a liner (i wet it) and the dark brown shades in your outer V. For a night it me look the silvery shade on the lid with the Black shade as a liner is beautiful. The shadows are so creamy powdery smooth. Love this palette! It makes me look wide awake, but natural...not all glittery. The size of the mirror is huge  and the case is beautiful. I bought this on sale on the Tarte website...great deals there!!! I buy it there now instead of Sephora...won't Sephora website ever again until they fix their shipping department.  Tarte eye shadows are a must try. No animal testing either...that should matter to you!
Danielle L.
I love this eye makeup palette! I received this in my boxycharm box and was so happy to try it! This palette was on my wish list! The colors are great, perfect for everyday wear featuring some natural browns, white and gold / shimmer colors and also can create a nice night time look with the dark blue! The makeup feels really soft and creamy on my skin, easy to blend to create a smoky eye. Does not irritate my skin. The white is really white! The packaging is really cute and creative. This brand is cruelty free 🐇 and I know is available at ULTA and Sephora stores!
Viivianne M.
McLean, VA
Eyeshadow is hands down my favorite makeup.
I absolutely love the variety of natural and neutral to deep earrthy shades  in this palate. I use the pearl highlight color every day, and use the gold highlight part when working with a smokey brown shadow look. The light brown is lovely and very warm (I wear it frequently as the base color I want to build on), and the next two browns add depth to any look. I use the darkest brown even around my lash line if I want to smoke it out into my eyeshadow rather than commiting to a precision eyeliner (produces great results). I highly recommend this palate.
Tiffany A.
I was really excited to receive this in my boxycharm box... My cousin had the first one and she loves it and I've heard of so many people who love tarte's eyeshadows... Unfortunately I was disappointed. I just could not get inspired by the shades abs even when I tried to do a look the shadows would blend weird and just turn into a big muddy mess. The only way to apply this to get any pigmentation is with your fingers and even then blending is next to impossible. I just do not like the formula of this palette at all. I ended up giving it to my cousin.
Rachel N.
Peachtree Cty, GA
As a professional MUA, I find that tarte™ Rainforest of the Sea™ eyeshadow palette vol. II eyeshadows are perfectly blendable, long lasting, and pigmented. Purchased directly from tarte’s online website, The palette, packaging, and delivery consistently impresses! The range of hues is limited to mostly warm golds & browns, with a single misplaced deep green. With trends in the beauty industry headed in a completely opposite direction, The palette, containing half light shimmer shades, gives great use for lid color, highlight on brow bone, or inner corner color! The second half contains deeper shades of shimmer which I don’t use because deep shimmer shades in creases are counter productive by bringing light to the crease, minimizing the depth of the crease. Using only half of a palette of quality beauty product, I would recommend other products from the brand tarte for quality for sure.
Nia N.
I received this palette in a BoxyCharm and was excited to try the formula. These shadows have a putty-like, almost creamy formula unlike most high-end eyeshadows. With my oily eyelids, I was hopeful that this clay-focused approach would give me more staying power and help limit creasing. While I didn’t notice a huge improvement there, I did like the eye look I was able to create with these neutral-cool shades. But the mid-tone browns don’t give me a ton of color payoff (it may partially be due to my skin tone, which is right in that part of the color spectrum), and it’s tough for me to pick up color with a brush. Because of those performance issues, I’ve only reached for this palette a few times. I do like the color options- they actually work super well for my skin tone- and have used this to create an easy smoky eye. Swatches and ingredients attached.
Keely M.
Franklin, NC
I was gifted this because I won a giveaway that one of my instagram friends hosted. This is my first tarte eyeshadow palette. The packaging is really nice, I love the tree. It’s very lovely to photograph. The palette is travel friendly, it’s not bulky. The mirror is so large and I LOVE IT!! It’s one of my favorite mirrors. The eyeshadows are really fabulous! The shimmers aren’t too glittery and the matte shades are very pigmented. They blend very easily , you don’t have to work too much to get them to blend. The shimmers become even more pigmented when you spray your brush! I definitely recommend this palette. It’s a very awesome everyday basic palette. I recommend it to all.
A L.
Wasn’t a huge fan of this palette from Tarte. The pigment
wasn’t as bright or luminous as I wanted it to be. It was also hard to get the
product on my brush (which usually isn’t the case for other make-up brands). I
may have used it a couple of times to give it the benefit of the doubt. But in
the end, I chucked it. Was disappointed with it because I expected an
expensive, high class brand to deliver with the quality. Won’t be buying this
product anymore. However, I did like tarte’s lipstick. So it’s a toss up when
it comes to the brand.
Brittany D.
1,039 reviews
I was excited to receive this palette in my Boxycharm box one month. I have never tried Tarte's eyeshadows before, but I'm a big fan of their Amazonian Clay blushes and Lip Paints. This palette was very disappointing. The colors were pretty neutrals, but I couldn't get any pigmentation from them! I even scraped the top layer to see if it would help and still got hardly any payoff. Maybe my palette was bad, I'm not sure, but I really didn't like this one.
Paula P.
Van Buren, MO
This palette is the only Tarte eyeshadow that I have used & I love it. This is my everyday go to pallet. It is the one I will pack to take on a trip. The formula is great, it blends so well with no fall out. It stays in place all day. It is one of those palettes that you can do your eyes & just add one brighter color from another brand or eyeliner & completely change your whole look. I like the packaging how it is arranged, it has a nice big mirror. I would love to have every Rainforest of The Sea Palettes because I know I love the formula. There are other Tarte eyeshadow palettes I would love to try as well as I am sure they also preform as nice as they look.
Jessica C.
Sacramento, CA
Does anyone own this palette I want to get it but I'm getting mixed reviews.
Stephanie F.
Polkton, NC
The Rainforest of the Sea Volume 2 is going to be in the August Boxycharm box and I am so excited! Has anyone used this yet? Do you like it?? tarte™ Rainforest of the Sea™ eyeshadow palette vol. II
Ruzzy G.
Apollo Beach, FL
Omg!!! Really wanna try this!!
neeam j.
solihull, Birmingham
Looks like a cute little compact perfect for travelling. Has anyone tried this? How is the quality of it?
Are these shimmering eyeshadows?