BY TARTE #9 in Setting Spray

A portable poreless skin mist that works as a 4-in-1 setting spray, primer, hydrating mist and skin refresher.

• Rainforest of the Sea™ complex: a proprietary blend of algae and marine flower extracts that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing and softening skin
  • Orange peel oil: helps promote collagen production and reduce puffiness for youthful-looking skin
  • Sea water: provides intense hydration and minerals to quench and nourish skin
  • Lentil seed extract: helps minimize the appearance of pores
  • Caffeine: helps improve microcirculation while reducing the appearance of redness and puffiness
  • Coconut oil: antioxidant-rich oil that helps smooth and nourish skin
  • Lavender oil: soothes and tones skin

Product performance: Make your makeup last with this travel friendly, hypoallergenic setting spray. It extends the wear of makeup for 12 hours while minimizing the look of pores, shine and redness. Ideal for all complexions, including oily skin types, the lightweight elixir is infused with antioxidant marine ingredients to amp up your skin’s defenses as it helps hydrate and invigorate. Mist it directly onto skin to prime and lock your foundation in place or spray it onto an eyeshadow brush for richer color pigmentation and budgeproof, all-day wear.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, SD alcohol 40-B (alcohol denat.), glycerin, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, limonene,  phenoxyethanol, sea water extract, caffeine, disodium EDTA, lens esculenta (lentil) seed extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, chlorphenesin, citral, ethylhexylglycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, linalool, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, tocopherol.

• how does this compare to cheaper setting sprays? is there...4 Answers
  • tarte™ Rainforest of the Sea™ 4-in-1 setting mist I was ...3 Answers
  • How strong is the scent?6 Answers
Sissy S.
South Bend
Purchased at: Sephora
I don't notice a difference in using this on my face or not. It does make my skin soft and silky, but by the end of the day, my makeup looks the same as it did before I started using this- my face a bit shiny and makeup starting to disappear. The smell is nice, I was actually hesitant to buy it when people mentioned it was scented because my skin is so sensitive and I don't like perfumey smells, but it just smells lightly like vanilla icing when applying and the smell doesn't linger. On the plus side, it does not clog my pores at all! I haven't worn powder in so long because they all clog my pores, even mineral makeup or Paulas Choice which is supposed to be really good for the skin. Although I'm unsure of this powder for setting my makeup, it makes an excellent dry shampoo! I saw a beauty hack online to use setting powder and had to try it. It's meant to be oil absorbing anyway, but it's translucent (perfect for my dark hair) and it's so fine that it disappears into my hair (unlike other powders that build up) and it leaves my hair as soft and silky as it leaves my skin! It actually leaves my hair looking better than any dry shampoo I've ever tried and it smells better, too. It is a but pricey for that use though, since it uses more than you'd use for your face.
Tabby S.
Columbia, TN
I love most Tarte products. This is definitely one of those producucts I love and is on my repurchase list. I personally think the smell is fresh and clean but if fragrance bothers you then you may want to test it out in store before buying. I will use this as a primer and then I use the matte shape tape foundation and set it with the KVD setting powder then I apply this all over as a setting spray. It gives the perfect natural skin finish and boosts the longevity of my foundation. This product is vegan and CF.  tarte™ shape tape matte foundationKat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder
Marian P.
EL Paso, TX
I got a sample size of this a little while ago and bought a full sized bottle just after I finished it. It has a nice mist that doesn't squirt out and random large drops. It smells great. Best of all, it actually works. I love to spray it on my bare face and wear it like a primer. It keeps my make up on almost all day. It moisturizes my face and gives my make up a nice dewy finish. The only problem that I have is with the nozzle. It is very prone to leaking or getting loose. Someone had knocked over the bottle into a bin I keep next to my vanity and the liquid had leaked into the cap.
Jolyn L.
Get ready to feel like your on a tropical
Voyage this mist spray can be used to prime and sets your make up.

It hydrates and refreshes skin. I love how it smells and leaves my skin smooth and soft, not that heavy old school clown face feeling.

I purchased mine through Tarte.com but you can find this product easily at other makeup stores and sites. I also purchased the travel size to carry with me to work.

You know that way I can spritz my face and keep that happy glow, as the evils of the work day try to get you down. Lol
Nikki L.
Great setting spray.  I was hoping for more of a luminous finish with it (i.e. - Tatcha Luminous Dewy Spray), but it was more hydrated matte.  But, the thing I really did like about it was that it helped hydrate and set, but also kept my oil at bay pretty darn good.  I was particularly impressed with that, so I have decided to keep it for when I want a healthy not overly matte look (matte doesn't always do well on mature-ish skin).  Nearly 5 stars, just wasn't what I thought I bought, but all in all a great setting spray.
Victoria B.
Newport
Purchased at: ULTA
I bought this from ulta a few months again and I’ve had to return it and exchange it for a different bottle 3 times. The spray nozzle doesn’t work properly, on any I’ve received, and squirts our huge amounts of product onto the face making my makeup run. I have figured out that if I shake then spray immediately after and do that every time I want to spray my face, the product comes out normally. This spray does work a lot better than cheaper drug store brands but the spray nozzle really irritates me so I use my cheaper ones more often.
Emily N.
Stockwell, IN
Not only does this product smell amazing, it gives me a nice dewy glow! I got the .24 floz in a Tarte Rainforest of the Sea gift box and will definitely be buying a bottle when I finally run out! It has lasted me forever with usage of one-two times a week. I love this product and highly recommend tarte™ Rainforest of the Sea™ 4-in-1 setting mist!!
Natasha P.
Belgium, WI
I got this as a gift for Christmas, it wasn’t too pricey but it wasn’t cheap either, I got the smaller bottle that was around $15.00. This was my first time trying this product, I used it as a setting spray after I put my makeup on and didn’t like the Finnish it left so I began using it as a primer instead and it works great as a primer. It smells great and I wish it would work as a setting spray but I would probably buy it again to use as primer.
Amberly S.
I like this spray. It has a delightful citrus scent. The spray comes out super fine and I've never had a problem with the pump malfunctioning. However, I don't find it to perform all that differently from my Mario Badescu spray or Mac Fix+. It's a great sort of multi purpose spray (as in I can use it to prime, set, intensify eyeshadows, etc) but it's nothing groundbreaking and there are similar products out there for a lower price point.
Julia S.
Aston, PA
This. Spray. Is. Amazing!! This is one of my all time favorite facial sprays, due to the fact that it provides so many benefits to the skin. It contains natural ingredients, derived from the sea itself, and keeps my makeup on all day. It has a very natural, botanical scent, and feels very light-weight and moisturizing on the skin. I highly recommend this product, however it can be a bit pricey compared to other facial sprays.
hayley T.
Stroudsburg, PA
Anyone have thought about this spray? Advice? Use it to set makeup?
Thiviya A.
How strong is the scent?
Allison B.
FLORENCE, AL
I am getting this in the mail today! What is everyone's favorite use for this spray?
Jessica T.
Cleveland, OH
Does it have a scent or a weird smell?
Whitney R.
Is this product worth the money? If not other suggestions would be appreciated, tia!