BY TARTE #8 in Mascara

WHAT IT IS

WARNING: maximum compliments ahead with this volumizing, lengthening & curling mascara with a soft-flex brush & lightweight triple-black formula.

WHAT IT DOES

• BFF (*big, full, fluttery) brush features over 500 hundred flexible bristles to curl & coat lashes with even, intense pigment
  • soft-flex brush & lightweight triple-black formula lifts lashes at the root, styles & fans them out to create amped-up fluttery fullness
  • creamy formula powered by lash-strengthening jojoba & carnauba wax help protect your lashes & prevent flaking

POWERED BY

• jojoba: natural soothing and conditioning extract that helps hydrate, strengthen and protect lashes
  • carnauba wax: emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application with lengthening and volumizing benefits

TARTELETTE APPROVED

• ophthalmologist tested
  • safe for contact lens wearers
  • dermatologist tested

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, synthetic beeswax, beeswax/cera alba/cire d rsquo;abeille, jojoba esters, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, glycerin, stearic acid, palmitic acid, aminomethyl propanediol, acacia senegal gum, caprylyl glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, myristic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, oleic acid, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides (CI 77499). Made in Italy. formulated without: parabens mineral oil phthalates sodium lauryl sulfates gluten

Usage: Generously coat the custom molded brush with the triple-black formula and apply in a zigzag motion, starting at the base of lashes and pulling through to the tip. For finishing touches, use the fanned bristles at the tip of the brush to coat the inner and outer corners. Apply two coats for enhanced volume and drama.

• Does this mascara make your eyelashes look longer??2 Answers
  • Would love to know how this mascara compares to other tar...1 Answers
  • Does anyone have the tarte maneater eyeshadow palette? If...5 Answers
tarte™ maneater voluptuous mascara
  • "all tarte mascaras are absolutely amazing including this one!! it gives so much volume and I love it, for sure one of my favorites! it's so easy to use and lasts all day so it's worth the extra cost :)" in 257 reviews
  • "This seems like an improved upon formula of their Tartiest mascara. It's just as deep-black in colour but doesn't flake like Taritest did. It's $23, so if you're used to paying for high end mascara, it's nothing different. If you have fairly long lashes, this is a great formula and brush." in 88 reviews
  • "WOW!!! This mascara has changed my makeup game forever. It lifts and separates without getting clumpy whatsoever!! Hands down the BST mascara I have EVER used!!! " in 71 reviews
  • "Truly SHOCKING lashes after only a few swipes of the magic wand upon your lashes!! Instantly lashes are thicker, longer and full of volume. " in 37 reviews
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This is the only high end mascara I have ever bee satisfied enough with to repurchase at full price. (That is both a good thing for my lashes and very painful for my pocketbook. Lol)

I was skeptical about the brush. I do love this type of material. I generally prefer these plasticy brushes over regular bristles, but I was afraid these bristles would be to short to give the separation I look for. I was pleasantly surprised. Those stumpy little bristles perform wonderfully and allow enough product to be applied that one coat looks great, but also can provide enough separation to keep 2 coats from being a clumpy mess. I am a one coat girl so I am very happy that this mascara provides the dramatic beautiful lashes to complete any look in a single coat. You can definitely pump it up to the next level with another coat shortly after the first, but I rarely feel the need.

I usually do not curl my lashes. This mascara does not weigh my lashes down at all, is very comfortable to wear, and holds up all night (or day). It does give a little lift/curl boost as well.

The color is awesome. Rich beautiful black without a hint of ashiness but also without making lashes look plastic-y.
I would absolutely love to see a brownish black version of this formula. I tend to save this one for more dramatic looks, nighttime looks, etc because I prefer a brownish color for daytime wear most of the time.I do occasionally wear it during the day though, because it's not actually "too much" but I do feel pretty badass with it on, even without going full glam.

Removal is fine. I wouldn't say it's wash 'n go. You do need to actually remove it. My go-to is MAC Cleanse-Off Oil and follow with a foaming facewash, so I rarely have trouble removing products.
I'm not sure if I would go so far as to say it is water resistant but I have not had it run on me with a little tearing up, sweating, or light rain. It pretty much stays on until you take it off, short of some vigorous rubbing which can cause some to come off, but even then it doesn't smudge on the face, it just comes off on whatever it is rubbed with.

I would love to see a true waterproof version of this mascara.

I can safely say that I am willing to cough up the 23 bucks to replace this tube if I can't get a discount on it. I cannot say that about any other high end mascara I have tried. (In case you were trying to decide between this and Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes, this blows that one out of the water.)

If Tarte decided to make a waterproof Maneater, I would buy it in a heartbeat. If they added brownish black to the line, I would go broke on mascara because I would need it in my life! Haha.

Safe to say this is my HG mascara for dramatic looks or when I just feel like going for a black mascara in general.
Jessica C.
Ashdown
LOVE this mascara! Since I was a teen, one of the things that kept me from delving into makeup was because of mascaras that would smudge so bad, it looked like I had two black eyes. When this one came out, I was once again debating on whether to try it or not. I read one woman's review on how it actually didn't smudge on her. I bought it the next day and never looked back. It does seem to also lengthen my lashes, but it's a bit hard to say because my lashes are fairly light and a bit long to begin with. I am pleased with the overall look. The brush is a bit big, but I'm not going to complain too heavily about that because the formula stays put for me. It does tend to start flaking when it's getting old and it's time to toss it. I would more than likely cry if Tarte ever discontinued this mascara.
Natasha P.
I purchased this mascara on Tarte.com website and have been using it for two weeks now.
tarte™ maneater voluptuous mascara
Before I dive into details, I wanted to mention that I was impressed in how much care Tarte puts into shipping their orders, sice this was my first time ordering from them online - my order arrived via FedEx wrapped in a beautiful unicorn paper 😍🦄. It looked just like a present from a dear friend :)

This mascara is truly volumizing, with just a few strokes of brush you get beautiful volume built up, plus it lengthens lashes as well. The lashes feel soft, not cakey, there is absolutely zero crumbling or flaking of the product through the day. Mascara does not irritate eyes, removes easily with makeup remover. If you apply mascara on bottom lashes, this one works so well - it goes on gradually, so that they look so natural with just one stroke.

I want to say a couple workds about the brush. You may notice it is a bit unusual in the fact that bristles look very thing and sort of far apart. Don't let this discourage you, as it helps separate lashes and coat them nicely all around.

I got this mascara for $10 on Cyber Monday sale, and it usually retails for $24. You can get Tarte in Ulta or Sephora in addition to their site. Love their cruelty free makeup, am currently using their Amazonia clay blush too, which is incredible. Has anyone tired their skincare?
Gina C.
Long Beach, CA
I absolutely love this mascara. It is hands down one of my favorite mascaras that I have ever tried. It adds so much volume and definition to my lashes, while still making them look real. It makes my lashes look like I got lash extensions, but in reality it is just this mascara making them look like that. It also is dark black so it really makes your eyes pop and your eyelashes look super long and pretty. I think this product is worth the more expensive price because it really does make your eyelashes look insanely good. The lash applicator gets every single little eyelash coated with mascara, it doesn't clump the mascara, and it literally makes your lashes look like you got extensions. In love with this product, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes mascara that makes your lashes still look real while giving a lot of volume.
Nhat H.
Sugar Land, TX
This looks INCREDIBLE when I first apply it, the length is so natural and clump free and it darkens my lashes very nicely. I wouldn't say this is a very volumizing mascara though. Another drawback that I can't stand is the smudging that happens by the end of the day. After a day of errands, I always come home with a rim of mascara on my under eyes and that is just not cute. I would definitely give this another try if they had a waterproof version. For now, I will only wear this when I know I will be back home within a few hours.
Zahra A.
Euless
Okay, can I just say this was just a sample mascara I had recieved and never really thought much about it? But...after using it I seriously love it! I love that it gives you so much volume and the bristles are spread apart so there is little to no clumping! It literally makes my lashes look like they are fake now, and Tarte has done such a great job with so much product in this little tube with no drying. I only have to use about 1-2 coats and done. I use one coat for the bottom lashes and two for the top. LOVE IT!
Cassidy M.
I have gone through so many high end and drugstore mascaras in search of the perfect one. I have short, blonde lashes and am a contact wearer with extremely sensitive eyes. I’ve been using tarte eye shadow and loved them so decided to try their mascara. THIS IS THE BEST mascara, I look like I’m wearing the most natural false lashes on the market. My eyes are not bothered at all and after two coats they look better than ever! This is something that will not leave my makeup bag!
Ali G.
This is the best mascara that I've ever tried. It lengthens and gives volume to my lashes without being clumpy or flaking theoughout the day. Since I've switched over from my Benefit Cosmetics mascara to the Tarte Maneater mascara I receive compliments on my eyelashes at least once a week. This really is a holy grail product🙌 tarte™ maneater voluptuous mascara
Amy S.
It’s no secret that I am a fan of tarte. I’ve even been called a tarte whore! Haha! I thought that tarte’s tarte™ lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara was my favorite, but then I tried Maneater. Everyone, I’ve found my new love! It separates the lashes even better than the 4-in-1. My lashes are longer and more individualized. They aren’t clumpy at all. It’s like i used the dreaded safety pin and separated each one! And if you get flakes an hour later? No worries here!! Fear not ladies! Go on, be a Maneater!! Give this mascara a try!! 😍
Ashleigh C.
I have only used one tube of Man Eater because I got it on sale on Tarte’s website and wanted to try something different from my usual Benefit Roller Lash mascara. The brush is a little on the chunky side especially coming from the Roller Lash brush but this mascara did make my lashes appear more voluminous! I would purchase again!
Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
Is this clumpy at all? Do you like the wand shape?
Tanya B.
Old Barn Road, Birmingham
Does this mascara tend to clump?
Macie G.
Florence , SC
Does anyone have the tarte maneater eyeshadow palette? If so, how do y'all like it? What's fave color on this palette??
Naydelin C.
Stone Mountain, GA
Does this mascara stay on all day and not flake ?
Reilly Z.
Bensalem , PA
I've never heard much about this product so I'm wondering if it's any good?